Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

I have been trying to come up with something that shows a hiker with a staff inside the geocaching G (the round "G" gives the idea of the earth or globe), with the satellite over head. I would use this both for an avatar and on signature items, so if the name "Cheminer Will" could be incorporated into one version, this would work real nice for signature items.

I have tried a few things, but I am really challenged using the computer for graphics. It's too embarrassing to even post what I managed to get started!

I did sort of figure out that the Geocaching 'G' is difficult to use if a hiker is incorporated into it, so maybe using a globe instead? Everything I tried either looked like a stick figure or a real hokey cartoon character, so I am open to anything someone thinks of.

It really is amazing the quality some have done here!

I like hiking to caches.  That's where the "Cheminer" comes from.  I have been trying to come up with something that shows a hiker with a staff inside the geocaching G (the round "G" gives the idea of the earth or globe), with the satellite over head.  I would use this both for an avatar and on signature items, so if the name "Cheminer Will" could be incorporated into one version, this would work real nice for signature items.

I have no experience or ability with computer graphics and have had no success at all coming up with something I like, so even though I am an original Yankee from northern New England, (we do everything for ourselves), I am now begging for help! 

Thanks!

---Cheminer Will---

How 'bout this?

cw2.jpgcw2-av-sat.JPG

Miz :D

Edited with new images

Edited by mizdeeds

Ok....I really hate to ask for anything but I am graphic impaired.

Can anyone help me out with an avatar? As my handle implies, the wife and I are into our pack of hounds (a coonhound named Lager is my avatar right now, our foxhound named Amber, a lab mix named Molly, and our departed bluetick hound named Vinnie) as well as brewing beer. I am a homebrewer and we are really into the craft brewing scene here in MI (as well as historical brewing....check out the profile).

THANKS!!

Jim

4HoundsBrewingCo

I wonder if anyone could make one for my daughter

suzibub

she is a BBW and a hairstylist at Sears

born Labradorian, Canadian and scrapbooking addict.

She has been with me on my first and close to 100 finds,

only just recently got an account and logged a couple of her own

QUOTE (hikerbiker... @ Jan 24 2006, 03:02 AM) ]

So.. Anyone willing to international co-operation? I would appreciate it. 

Is this what you're looking for?

Wow! It already IS cool looking avatar!!

I understand the colour mix, the way you planned it goes very well.

To make this absolutely perfect I'd like to see my name written with all those three dots = hikerbiker...

And one more thing. As MC is a bike with boxer engine, is it still possible to add the curve of the exhaust pipe and the engine in that pic. Without seeing the motor with pipe the bike seems somehow naked. :)

You really have done good work already with that pic!! :)

Ok....I really hate to ask for anything but I am graphic impaired.

Can anyone help me out with an avatar? As my handle implies, the wife and I are into our pack of hounds (a coonhound named Lager is my avatar right now, our foxhound named Amber, a lab mix named Molly, and our departed bluetick hound named Vinnie) as well as brewing beer. I am a homebrewer and we are really into the craft brewing scene here in MI (as well as historical brewing....check out the profile).

THANKS!!

Jim

4HoundsBrewingCo

This image comes to mind....

bfe25441-fbb2-4d81-ae19-fedcc2d597be.jpg

Wow, there are some pretty sweet avatars being created in here. I've always thought about how we need an actual avatar (something other than just some random pic), but I wasn't sure how to come up with something for AZBliss02. If anyone is bored and wants to take a stab at it, be my guest.

Info that might help:

"AZ" - included in the meaning for "Bliss"

"Bliss" - Heather likes to use the word "Bliss" to describe our relationship. She moved out here to AZ soon after we began dating so I was visiting quite often from Ohio. Once I graduated I moved out to AZ so now our blissful place is right here in AZ.

"02" - 2002 was the year we began dating.

Again, awesome avatars being created in here!

Jared

AZBliss02

Wow! It already IS cool looking avatar!!

I understand the colour mix, the way you planned it goes very well.

To make this absolutely perfect I'd like to see my name written with all those three dots = hikerbiker...

And one more thing. As MC is a bike with boxer engine, is it still possible to add the curve of the exhaust pipe and the engine in that pic. Without seeing the motor with pipe the bike seems somehow naked.  :)

You really have done good work already with that pic!!  :)

Oops!! I didn't see your 3 dots! Here you go ... is this better?

hb2.jpghb2-w.jpg

hb-e-av.jpg

Miz :)

Edited by mizdeeds
I like hiking to caches.  That's where the "Cheminer" comes from.  I have been trying to come up with something that shows a hiker with a staff inside the geocaching G (the round "G" gives the idea of the earth or globe), with the satellite over head.  I would use this both for an avatar and on signature items, so if the name "Cheminer Will" could be incorporated into one version, this would work real nice for signature items.

I have no experience or ability with computer graphics and have had no success at all coming up with something I like, so even though I am an original Yankee from northern New England, (we do everything for ourselves), I am now begging for help! 

Thanks!

---Cheminer Will---

How 'bout this?

cheminerwill1-w.jpgcheminerwill1-av.jpg

Miz :)

Thanks! That is so much better than what I was able to do. I was reluctant to ask for help, but the talent in this thread is just amazing.

I really like the color of the backpack and the way you incorporated the hiker into the G. The hiker himself is sort of what I was coming up with, but was not liking. Below are a couple of links to images more along the lines of what I wanted to do, but could not. The green guy is nice because he has a beard like me. The silhouette idea that the Sierra Club uses is ok also. It may be too hard to incorporate an image like one of those? I know it was beyond my skills. I also noticed when I tried out the avatar on a forum, that the writing was too small to read. I enlarged and widened the image a bit, but that did not help enough.

Thanks again for your efforts!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

Edited by Cheminer Will
Wow, there are some pretty sweet avatars being created in here. I've always thought about how we need an actual avatar (something other than just some random pic), but I wasn't sure how to come up with something for AZBliss02. <snip>

I'll probably get in trouble for this one, but I rather like the random picture.

85846987-bf6e-4605-92ce-d001d01dcbd5.jpg

Wow, there are some pretty sweet avatars being created in here. I've always thought about how we need an actual avatar (something other than just some random pic), but I wasn't sure how to come up with something for AZBliss02. <snip>

I'll probably get in trouble for this one, but I rather like the random picture.

85846987-bf6e-4605-92ce-d001d01dcbd5.jpg

Very Nice!! :) I'm not sure if my better half will like it though.

Very Creative Though!

AZBliss02

Is anyone familiar with infanview? If I open a JPEG file and save a copy with another name to experiment on, it saves it as a bmp file. If I choose to save it as a JPEG from the drop down box, another box with check marks pops up. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to save as a JPEG.

What am I missing? As usual, I am all thumbs with this graphics stuff.

Thanks.

Thanks!  That is so much better than what I was able to do.  I was reluctant to ask for help, but the talent in this thread is just amazing.

I really like the color of the backpack and the way you incorporated the hiker into the G.  The hiker himself is sort of what I was coming up with, but was not liking.  Below are a couple of links to images more along the lines of what I wanted to do, but could not.  The green guy is nice because he has a beard like me.  The silhouette idea that the Sierra Club uses is ok also.  It may be too hard to incorporate an image like one of those?  I know it was beyond my skills.  I also noticed when I tried out the avatar on a forum, that the writing was too small to read.  I enlarged and widened the image a bit, but that did not help enough.

Thanks again for your efforts!

Okay, scroll back to the original post, I've changed the hiker. :(

Nope, haven't seen infanview, can't help ya there!

Miz :mad:

Edited by mizdeeds
Is anyone familiar with infanview? If I open a JPEG file and save a copy with another name to experiment on, it saves it as a bmp file. If I choose to save it as a JPEG from the drop down box, another box with check marks pops up. I can't seem to figure out how to get it to save as a JPEG.

What am I missing? As usual, I am all thumbs with this graphics stuff.

Thanks.

Just type in the new name of the file and choose .jpg as the file type, and click "Save." The box with the checkmarks gives you the different options you can use for that file if you choose to use them. :mad:

Okay, scroll back to the original post, I've changed the hiker. :mad:

Miz :(

Wow! That's great! Is it possible to remove the name from the smaller avatar? I tried posting it and it's too small to read. Because it is always right under my forum name, it is not really necessary anyway. The big image is perfect except that it now has the blue avatar background. It would be easier to use on other things with the original white background!

THANK YOU!!!! :(

Okay, scroll back to the original post, I've changed the hiker.

Miz :mad:

Wow! That's great! Is it possible to remove the name from the smaller avatar? I tried posting it and it's too small to read. Because it is always right under my forum name, it is not really necessary anyway. The big image is perfect except that it now has the blue avatar background. It would be easier to use on other things with the original white background!

THANK YOU!!!! :(

Okay..... done.

YES!

Close, so close. You may call me meticulous.. but the echo of the engine is somehow irritating. The pipe is really good on that way, but the motor.. May I?

37dbce7c-c8ae-4ddb-98b6-481ab0faef3d.jpg

Here you can see everything what I can do... just Paint on my use :(

And I thought more about those GC-colours.. What if MC presents the colour yellow, blue is as pictured above (like sky), green down (like grass) and orange up (like dawn..) That would be really nice. I just can not change the colours as stylish as you can...

After these modification the third attempt makes the deal. :(:mad:

Edited by hikerbiker...

YES!

Close, so close. You may call me meticulous.. but the echo of the engine is somehow irritating. The pipe is really good on that way, but the motor.. May I?

Here you can see everything what I can do... just Paint on my use :(

And I thought more about those GC-colours.. What if MC presents the colour yellow, blue is as pictured above (like sky), green down (like grass) and orange up (like dawn..) That would be really nice. I just can not change the colours as stylish as you can...

After these modification the third attempt makes the deal. :(:(

Well you see now how much I've ever paid attention to motorcycles! LOL I've made the changes and they are back on the original post. I like the idea of the colors that way too. Very nice.

If anyone could help us with an avatar that we have in mind it would surely be appreciated! Please email or reply if you can help.

Wow. I can't believe this thread is still going. Good work to everyone who is building avatars

Sent you an idea by e-mail since I don't have any active web space to show it.

Wow, there are some pretty sweet avatars being created in here. I've always thought about how we need an actual avatar (something other than just some random pic), but I wasn't sure how to come up with something for AZBliss02. If anyone is bored and wants to take a stab at it, be my guest.

Info that might help:

"AZ" - included in the meaning for "Bliss"

"Bliss" - Heather likes to use the word "Bliss" to describe our relationship. She moved out here to AZ soon after we began dating so I was visiting quite often from Ohio. Once I graduated I moved out to AZ so now our blissful place is right here in AZ.

"02" - 2002 was the year we began dating.

Again, awesome avatars being created in here!

Jared

AZBliss02

Gave yours a "sweethearts" theme. Hope you like! :D

LogoIdea1large.jpg

Edited by fox-and-the-hound

Okay, you master avatar makers! I've got one for ya.

I'm going to make up some sig cards as a thank you gift for another cacher. Only problem is, I can't find what I'm looking for. I need a cartoon type worm with a magic wand or better yet, coming out of a magic hat. Can anyone help me on this one?!!?

Oh, and you guys and gals rock!!!! You don't know how much you're helping us computer illiterate folks!!! LOL!

Okay, you master avatar makers! I've got one for ya.

I'm going to make up some sig cards as a thank you gift for another cacher. Only problem is, I can't find what I'm looking for. I need a cartoon type worm with a magic wand or better yet, coming out of a magic hat. Can anyone help me on this one?!!?

Oh, and you guys and gals rock!!!! You don't know how much you're helping us computer illiterate folks!!! LOL!

For Team Retriever...

b6c6e5ef-8f77-491f-ae93-2a6f49d5e327.jpg

Got the new avatar up! What do you all think? By the way, I'm really not a big user of the avatars so I'm not sure if it's possible but is there a way for me to make it slightly bigger? The picture I submitted was a little larger but I don't know of any way to keep it that size.

Thanks again to fox-and-the-hound for the great avatar logo!

Jared of AZBliss02