Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Ok, after fiddling on my own, I have come to the conclusion that I have no artistic ability whatsoever. Would someone please help me with an avatar?

I was thinking of combining the Geocaching G with a Star of David (I'm Jewish) and/or a Space Needle (I live in Seattle). Here are some examples of the images I want to inspire the avatar:

bfd7fa01-cbfc-45d3-bdf6-1a9c835bb1f2.jpg

d23e11f6-cf56-434a-bb72-76f541dbf4b9.jpg

3f9b68cb-e66c-4d8d-a16d-62132282beb1.jpg

Copyrighted by the Va'ad HaRabbanim of Seattle

-- I like this merge of the K and the Space Needle

Would anybody be willing to help me?

Team Maccabee

Edited by Team Maccabee

Hi Jeremy,

I have a request for you . . .

I'm using JohnTee as a handle . . . how about some kind of stylish toilet with a 'T' coming out of the bowl? <_<

Thanks much for you offer of help. The art side of my brain is definitely underdeveloped and I have been wondering who I might get to help me with this idea for an avatar.

JohnTee

Ok, after fiddling on my own, I have come to the conclusion that I have no artistic ability whatsoever.  Would someone please help me with an avatar?

I was thinking of combining the Geocaching G with a Star of David (I'm Jewish) and/or a Space Needle (I live in Seattle). ...</snip>

690d3db8-8ac7-4972-84e6-d0f9342a76ec.jpg . . . ea2a43c1-eae1-4eef-b81b-d05c9fe17527.jpg

Edited by GoLeft

Sigh...... I'm totally inept regarding anything to do with graphics. I can't even figure out how to simply remove the white box from around my avatar. Can somebody please just tell me how to make the background match the forum color? I would really like to know how to do it myself. I know it's extremely simple to do but I'm graphically challenged. I have access to both Photoshop 6 and Paint Shop Pro 6.

I'd also like to change it from black and white to color but, again, I'm inept. Fixing the background is something folks could perhaps tell me how to do but, as for the color, I guess that is likely too much for my feeble powers. Perhaps one of you talented people could just take the thing and make it all spiffy if you get the urge? :P

Edited by Thrak

A cacher in another forum set the background color for me so I no longer have "the box" around my avatar. I'd still LOVE to see what folks could do with it as far as color and general "spiffyness". I'm pretty impressed by the things I've seen in this thread that were done by Amish Hacker. (Man, I love that name. :anibad:)

I'm game... can anyone do something with my avatar? I like it, except it looks too PowerPoint'ish (which incidentally is what I used to make it).

BRTango stand for Bravo Red Tango, which was my callsign when I was a platoon leader in the Army. (Red instead of orange in the lower right because of the the 'Red' in the name).

The dog on the right is supposed be a Basset Hound (didn't quite get that one right) and the one on the left an Irish Wolfhound.

The hand is holding a Garmin Rino 130 with my home coordinates on it.

This is a link to a fullsize pick of the avatar.

I appreciate any help from anyone... thanks in advance.

The talent here amazes me! As one with no design ability and complete lack of good taste, I hope this isn't too much off topic...

Would any of you be willing to design a logo for NMGeocaching.com, a website for caching in New Mexico? There are a few small prizes for the best design plus credit on the main page and a link to your work if you wish.

The site is NMGeocaching

And the forum discussion is Logo contest

Thanks!

Bruce

A starting off place maybe ?

I can't seem to post to the NM forum (no ID I guess).

New_Mexico_2a.jpg

Edited by Dino Hunters

New_Mexico_2a.jpg

Much more than a starting point, Dino Hunters, that's fantastic. Have you been to New Mexico? You captured the spirit of our little state. I've put it on our website for consideration. Please come join and participate, it's free and there are some prizes for the winner.. NMGeocaching

New_Mexico_2a.jpg

Much more than a starting point, Dino Hunters, that's fantastic. Have you been to New Mexico? You captured the spirit of our little state. I've put it on our website for consideration. Please come join and participate, it's free and there are some prizes for the winner.. NMGeocaching

No I have not been to New Mexico. I visited a number of tourist web sites to get an idea of what NM is about. Sounds a bit like where I live in Alberta, Canada. Open spaces, mountains, wilderness, and a connection with the native culture in our history.

Only there is not much sand, cactus, roadrunners, or snakes up here :-)

Thanks for your kind comments.

P.S. - elements such as the flag, or adobe house can be re-used in smaller graphics if you wish to carry a theme so to speak. Bullets, dividers, etc. could be devised along these lines. Also I believe the graphic as it stands fades to the current background colour on your site, so to the right hand side, it should match.

D.H.

Edited by Dino Hunters

DH, you do great work. Is there anything you can do with mine? I like my basic avatar, but I created it in powerpoint and it shows. The dog on the right is supposed to be a Basset Hound, but doesn't look anything like one.

Anyway... just curious if you can make it look a little better.

Thanks

PS. I'd also like something I can make into a stamp and/or use on a coin/signature item.

Edited by BRTango
The Pineywoods Cache Connection (East-NorthEast Texas) needs your help! We're on the hunt for a good logo that we can use for t-shirts, buttons, homepage, etc. We would like for it to incorporate a pine tree, but I guess that wouldn't be a requirement. We'll give the logo designer a t-shirt (with their logo) buttons, and our eternal thanks!

I took a stab at this one.... is this what you had in mind?

pineywoods-1.jpgpineywoods-1-sm.jpg

:)

Mizdeeds

Saginaw, Michigan

I have this tread on watch and every time I get a notice that there is a post here I get all excited hoping one of the talented people has decided to fix my funky avatar. I figured it would be a really easy one for somebody to make spiffy. Sigh...... It's always good work when I see what's been done though. It's good to see that the thread isn't dead. I'm wondering if maybe AH no longer checks this thread since it's been around so long. He may have run away to escape the requests. :)

Edited by Thrak

Anyone mind giving mine a shot?

Growing a bit tired of my current icon, even though it rocks (o:

I'd love something with the geocaching/groudspeak logo sort of style, preferably not the coloring though :blink:

My GPS is an eXplorist 210, my nick came from thinking of words to combine with Soul that sounded cool :) I like the idea of a Soul in Trance, as it were. Anything anyone can come up with would be very cool. Would be neat if my nick was in it too.

Thanks in advance to anyone that should want to give this a go, look forward to seeing some.

Greetings from Finland! This thread just seems so cool and brand new avatars just amazing!!

I can not do anything reasonably to pics, so hopefully some nice fellow would help me out. So here is my try.

As my MC is BMW avatar might based on that figure.

bmw_logo_1.jpg

And it would be nice if it have geocaching/groudspeak logo colours in the middle. That just belongs there, right? It would be nice to replace text BMW with my alias hikerbiker... or shortie HB

And one more thing. I'd like to get some more action to lame pic by adding front part of this MC to down right (inside) the coin.

R1150GS_05.jpg

More nice ideas? I just can not wait to see what you can do with these :blink:

I was surfing the web and came across this really cool site

south park studio 2

No drawing skills required,Its like a click and paste thing

I have no skills but came up with this

shop99er2.jpg

If You like SouthPark you will love this place and best of all it's free!!! :)

Its not me, But some Cachers I met only through the GroundspeakForums.

Do you recognize them? :blink:

EDITED: twice for crappy spelling :)

Edited by RustyBeerCan
I have this tread on watch and every time I get a notice that there is a post here I get all excited hoping one of the talented people has decided to fix my funky avatar. I figured it would be a really easy one for somebody to make spiffy. Sigh...... It's always good work when I see what's been done though. It's good to see that the thread isn't dead. I'm wondering if maybe AH no longer checks this thread since it's been around so long. He may have run away to escape the requests. :anitongue:

Okay Thrak... how about this one? Staying with the same look...

thrak1.jpg

Miz

My current avatar is a draft I made of a rubber stamp I carved to sign my logs with, could someone with drafting skills clean it up into an acceptable avatar, thanks in advance.

Z

PS In case your curious, its a guy sleeping and he has one of those night caps on which is in the shape of a Z, get it, Z Sand man. HAhaha I kill me.

Ok... I've neen brainstorming and STILL can't come up with anything for spicy_victory. We don't have photoshop or any other snazzy program for creating an avatar so I am really at a loss. Any help is appreciated...

Here is some backgroud... we started cachng last november, drive a jeep liberty, use a garmen etrex legend c, have 2 puppies ( a black mutt and a rat terrier)... we picked the name spicy_victory because of our names. Ginger means spicy and Cole means victory... sounded clever at the time, but now that we want an image to go with the name... well, we are at a stand still! He likes boy things (outdoorsy stuff/comics/rpg/fencing)... and I lean toward the vintage/retro/pop art type stuff...

Can anyone come up with anything??

TIA

I like hiking to caches. That's where the "Cheminer" comes from. I have been trying to come up with something that shows a hiker with a staff inside the geocaching G (the round "G" gives the idea of the earth or globe), with the satellite over head. I would use this both for an avatar and on signature items, so if the name "Cheminer Will" could be incorporated into one version, this would work real nice for signature items.

I have no experience or ability with computer graphics and have had no success at all coming up with something I like, so even though I am an original Yankee from northern New England, (we do everything for ourselves), I am now begging for help!

Thanks!

Edited by Cheminer Will
DH, you do great work.  Is there anything you can do with mine?  I like my basic avatar, but I created it in powerpoint and it shows.  The dog on the right is supposed to be a Basset Hound, but doesn't look anything like one. 

Thanks

PS. I'd also like something I can make into a stamp and/or use on a coin/signature item.

Here's a bit of an edit....

6e2b4d73-4a4e-4a9f-bcdf-84935d5dbf2e.jpg

Edited by Dino Hunters
DH, you do great work.  Is there anything you can do with mine?  I like my basic avatar, but I created it in powerpoint and it shows.  The dog on the right is supposed to be a Basset Hound, but doesn't look anything like one. 

Thanks

Here's a bit of an edit....

6e2b4d73-4a4e-4a9f-bcdf-84935d5dbf2e.jpg

Dino Hunter,

That's awesome, thanks... I love the Basset Hound, it's a near perfect match for my pup.

Anyway you can send me your source file on this? And if possible, a larger version? Thanks again... you're the best!!! :bad::D

Edited by BRTango