Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Ok Okieduo.

My first attempt at doing an avatar in this forum. But I came up with this. It's kinda boring but fits the basic design you wanted. Maybe I can come up with something a little more exciting. Let's see how you like this one:

okieduo46ux.gif

and yet another one

okieduo21yd.gif

These are already resized to 75 pixel width.

You must have been doing avatars somewhere else because this is a great start. One change might be our name is in all small letters & together okieduo. I like the second one the best. How about using the arrow head as the center of a compass or the geo logo and use the gps somewhere. I just still making suggestions. I like where you are headed. Thanks

How about using the arrow head as the center of a compass or the geo logo and use the gps somewhere.

okieduo-redux.gif

I liked your idea about the compas. This is pretty simple but it's clean and I like it.

I want to thank you very much for my fun avatar. Thanks for the work. It looks good next to my post.

hi all , gonna try again and see if anyone can help me out .

i'd just like a simple but cool avatar ( got it right this time Jaybee :D )

that has maybe an explosive burst with a geo type symbol on top with my name in the center ( not claud4 .. just c4 would be great . lowercase. )

any help would be covered with much praise .

many thanks !

c4

Edited by claud4
hi all , gonna try again and see if anyone can help me out .

i'd just like a simple but cool avatar ( got it right this time Jaybee  :D )

that has maybe an explosive burst with a geo type symbol on top with my name in the center ( not claud4 .. just c4 would be great . lowercase. )

any help would be covered with much praise .

many thanks !

c4

here is a shot

dfbf4a91-b5e8-4202-b052-a4b19197567b.jpg

b5e1e045-521a-4898-b057-698d7a63a1ef.jpg

All of you that have shared your talents in creating avatars, are awesome!  The artwork that I've seen in the the 27 pages (!) have been great.  So much imagination and talent!!

I know you're probably busy now that the Christmas season is approaching, but if anyone has time, I would love to have an avatar designed.

Gaelcachers consist of myself, my husband and my daughter, although I'm the GPS geek in the family. 

We're of Scottish ancestry, and I spent some time trying to learn Scots Gaelic (not very successfully).  Thus the Gael of cachers.  I'd like something that incorporates a Scottish thistle.  We use an Etrex Vista for our excursions.  We live in Alberta, whose flower is the Wild Rose, so perhaps that could be part of the design too?

I'd like a design to use as an avatar, but perhaps also as a sticker.

Thanks so much to anyone who takes this on.  I really appreciate all of the time that you've all given in creating so many great designs.

Just bumping this up. I will be out of town for a while, but I'll be checking the forums when I can (need my geocaching fix)

If anyone has time to work on this I would be grateful :lol:

Thanks!

Anyone have any ideas for a logo or avatar for Team Noltex? I'm open to just about anything. Something that would lend itself to a coin would be good.

Here are a couple of ideas

08538cb2-209a-4204-ae39-6ae2ed33e811.jpg

a4758999-0b2d-4635-b93c-03616f62a3df.jpg

or

6da01c8e-243a-4362-b25b-e13a2e9e1c35.jpg

c7a51716-10d3-45ee-906a-8be7ba8be07e.jpg

Thanks kimmyroo for your effort! I would have thanked you sooner, but we've been out of town for the holiday weekend.

I was thinking about something that would lend itself to a coin. Noltex, a derivation of our last name, is meant to have a "high tech" sound. One idea I had would be to use an atom symbol, such as this:

atom05.gif

and put Team Noltex around it or somehow worked into it. We use a Sportrak, which is roughly oblong like the ellipses in the symbol. Maybe put that in the middle? Soccerballs for the spheres? I'm not married to this, it's only one idea. If only I had Photoshop!

Well, I am hoping someone out there will be able to help with this one! I don't have the image saved anymore, but I can give you a link to our Groundspeak profile to view it. http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/74a1e379-4...6ec7ec95729.jpg

I was thinking along the lines of simply adding a book to the elephants hands titled "Geocaching For Dummies" or simply "Caching For Dummies"

Of course, anyone else who wants to play with or alter this in anyway is more than welcome to.

I am a female, the team name is simply because I have 4 kids, and I always call them my herd. Though, since they are back in school, I tend to cache alone. I have a pretty goofy sense of humor, and would like the image to remain an elephant, and remain a cartoon. In my current one, the "potty" image is appropriate because it never fails, as soon as I get to the woods, I need to "potty." Like I said though, if people want to just play with the "elephant" idea, I am ok with that too!

Thanks in advance!!!

Well, I am hoping someone out there will be able to help with this one! I don't have the image saved anymore, but I can give you a link to our Groundspeak profile to view it. http://img.Groundspeak.com/user/74a1e379-4...6ec7ec95729.jpg

I was thinking along the lines of simply adding a book to the elephants hands titled "Geocaching For Dummies" or simply "Caching For Dummies"

Of course, anyone else who wants to play with or alter this in anyway is more than welcome to.

I am a female, the team name is simply because I have 4 kids, and I always call them my herd. Though, since they are back in school, I tend to cache alone. I have a pretty goofy sense of humor, and would like the image to remain an elephant, and remain a cartoon. In my current one, the "potty" image is appropriate because it never fails, as soon as I get to the woods, I need to "potty." Like I said though, if people want to just play with the "elephant" idea, I am ok with that too!

Thanks in advance!!!

Hopefully this wont confuse anyone...but...when I posted the above post, I didn't realize that my boyfriend had signed on under his work account. The "Pokagon Nature Center" post is actually mine. The link is to my profile. Sorry about that!

Did you know that there actually is a book called Geocaching for Dummies? Well anyway, I liked the challenge of adding a book to the elephants hands and this is what I came up with. Hope you like it.

theherdsmall.gif

theherdbig.gif

I was thinking about something that would lend itself to a coin. Noltex, a derivation of our last name, is meant to have a "high tech" sound.  One idea I had would be to use an atom symbol, such as this:

atom05.gif

and put Team Noltex around it or somehow worked into it. We use a Sportrak, which is roughly oblong like the ellipses in the symbol. Maybe put that in the middle? Soccerballs for the spheres? I'm not married to this, it's only one idea. If only I had Photoshop!

36ce2737-48ed-427c-b807-ad74d17a0129.jpgcd19669d-6e9a-4fa7-959b-376ab619a49a.jpg

Heres a quick and dirty attempt.

<~GoLeft

Did you know that there actually is a book called Geocaching for Dummies? Well anyway, I liked the challenge of adding a book to the elephants hands and this is what I came up with. Hope you like it.

theherdsmall.gif

theherdbig.gif

I do like it. It is exactly what I pictured in my head. Thanks for the help with it! I would like to see some other "elephant" ideas that others may come up with as well.

That is absolutely AWESOME! Very cool and works well for a coin or an avatar. Make the font bigger for the name and we're sold! When we finally get coins made you'll be the first to receive one. Thanks a bunch.

ee95531c-fa13-497d-9257-a3caaf5ec6d9.jpgb4419f2a-a5a4-4920-a6dd-330087e338d5.jpg

- OR -

346876e6-40f8-4d17-b57c-51044be30d1a.jpge471cfb3-856b-4471-80e8-a938626aa1e3.jpg

Good Luck with your coins...

<~GoLeft Curtis

All of you that have shared your talents in creating avatars, are awesome!  The artwork that I've seen in the the 27 pages (!) have been great.  So much imagination and talent!!

I know you're probably busy now that the Christmas season is approaching, but if anyone has time, I would love to have an avatar designed.

Gaelcachers consist of myself, my husband and my daughter, although I'm the GPS geek in the family. 

We're of Scottish ancestry, and I spent some time trying to learn Scots Gaelic (not very successfully).  Thus the Gael of cachers.  I'd like something that incorporates a Scottish thistle.  We use an Etrex Vista for our excursions.  We live in Alberta, whose flower is the Wild Rose, so perhaps that could be part of the design too?

I'd like a design to use as an avatar, but perhaps also as a sticker.

Thanks so much to anyone who takes this on.  I really appreciate all of the time that you've all given in creating so many great designs.

Just bumping this up. I will be out of town for a while, but I'll be checking the forums when I can (need my geocaching fix)

If anyone has time to work on this I would be grateful :)

Thanks!

here is a shot with a scot celtic knot in the center.

d26373ed-6667-4e7b-b7c7-83ba91f12d09.jpg

Thanks Kimmyroo! Is there any way you can email me a larger version? These old eyes are having trouble making out the images in the corners. I can see the GPS, and I assume that one corner is a thistle, one a rose? Don't know what the other corner is. Thanks for taking the time to work on this. Sorry I took so long to get back. We had a death in the family and my husband and I had to travel out of province to take care of business, not a happy time.

Thanks again!

Thanks Kimmyroo! Is there any way you can email me a larger version? These old eyes are having trouble making out the images in the corners. I can see the GPS, and I assume that one corner is a thistle, one a rose? Don't know what the other corner is. Thanks for taking the time to work on this. Sorry I took so long to get back. We had a death in the family and my husband and I had to travel out of province to take care of business, not a happy time.

Thanks again!

Sure, No problem. My sympathies on your loss.

The talent here amazes me! As one with no design ability and complete lack of good taste, I hope this isn't too much off topic...

Would any of you be willing to design a logo for NMGeocaching.com, a website for caching in New Mexico? There are a few small prizes for the best design plus credit on the main page and a link to your work if you wish.

The site is NMGeocaching

And the forum discussion is Logo contest

Thanks!

Bruce

Edited by av8ndv8

okay since all of you are so awesome..and i love my avatar i was wondering if you could do me another favor...its not for an avatar but more for a possible tattoo! i would like signal with baseball in his hand...now this is possibly going on my ankle so make it kewl! im up for anything...maybe even the the braves A on his belly...im up for ideas...thanx for the attempts...

amy

tomahawk chop shop

Those are absolutely spectacular avatars. I just learned what they are today. There are some talented people out there. I am sure we are way down the line but it cant hurt to try.

We are a geocaching couple (yes, both long haired hippies) that feel like kidz when we are out caching. We use a Map 60CS and are from Canada. I got this picture from a magazine because I thought it was funny. I don't know... I was thinking of a GPSr in the girls hand and maybe a cache box nearby???? Whatever you guys can come up with is prolly a lot better that what I can as I lack artistic flair. :laughing:

Hope I did this right. Pic can be found here:

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/log/24e90...46258f60571.jpg

Keep up the great work

Hippie B

Edit: For some reason the pic is much clearer until I load it onto the GC.com site. The original and scan comes out way better.

Edited by Hippie Kidz
Those are absolutely spectacular avatars. I just learned what they are today. There are some talented people out there. I am sure we are way down the line but it cant hurt to try.

We are a geocaching couple (yes, both long haired hippies) that feel like kidz when we are out caching. We use a Map 60CS and are from Canada. I got this picture from a magazine because I thought it was funny. I don't know... I was thinking of a GPSr in the girls hand and maybe a cache box nearby???? Whatever you guys can come up with is prolly a lot better that what I can as I lack artistic flair. :lol:

Hope I did this right. Pic can be found here:

http://img.Groundspeak.com/cache/log/24e90...46258f60571.jpg

Keep up the great work

Hippie B

Edit: For some reason the pic is much clearer until I load it onto the GC.com site. The original and scan comes out way better.

77f4398f-5982-481e-a8f4-ad67dc07d23e.jpg

cheesy shot

Would any of you be willing to design a logo for NMGeocaching.com, a website for caching in New Mexico? There are a few small prizes for the best design plus credit on the main page and a link to your work if you wish.

Thanks!

Bruce

Here is a couple of shot they are kinda logo like

9359db93-efac-421a-aa9e-1f9ee96d1ded.jpg

e1ba2a2a-0c92-4666-a129-3b664e92794f.jpg

Well, I tried to make a new avatar as I was tired of looking at myself on the forums. It is a Clydesdale horse. That part came out ok. When I tried to add the penquins, it kind of went south. Help?

Also, anyone interested in designing my new wooden nickel in exchange for one of my new personal coins, contact me privately.

This is great! Any chance you could come up with one for me? I'm Kickin' and you can probably guess what my name stands for. I am female and I've been studying Martial Arts for about 15 years. I use a Garmin ETrex Legend when caching. Any help you could give me would be great! Thanks

This is so COOL! I would appreciate some assistance with an Avatar for me! I am a female and was thinking of a cat (of course) black (like my cat) w/ blue eyes. I use a garmin e-trex GPS. Along with Kickin' (my caching partner) I enjoy martial arts too. Perhaps the kitty could be in uniform and ready to get those caches!? Play with it. I look forward to your artistic images! THANKS!!!!