Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

I know what I'd like it to look like ...

What are you wanting it to look like?

Ok. Ill try to describe this the best way I can.

I want it to be circular.

The word "The" bending across the top.

The word "PHANTOM" across the centner in all caps. I want the letters in Phantom to be red and look like they are dripping blood. The letter "O" should be replaced with just the head of a hooded figure that you cant make out the face on.

The words "Was Here" bending across the bottom.

You guys are doing some awesome stuff here. Anyone wanna' take a stab at an "otherworldly" design for us?

We need something we can use for sig items, and if it works as an avatar as well, that's great. We'd like to incorporate the traditional GC colors, maybe a traditional "grey" alien face, or flying saucer, or crop circle. It should be "alien friendly" ... no evil alien theme.

We are a husband (Mulder) & Wife (Scully) team. We use a Garmin Map60C and an iPAQ pocket PC. Our OGRV (official geocache recovery vehicle) is a maroon Blazer with the tag "GO-CACHE." Of course, not all of this needs to be included in the design, just giving info...

Can't wait to see what you guys come up with!

Edit: oh, yeah...probably nothing too "cartoonish," but more hi-techish  :blink:

Quick shot

f9152bf7-7255-4a17-bc27-a1929abd7dd7.jpg

as an avatar

10477b74-b7e0-4345-a721-4be690a055ac.jpg

Not exactly what we're looking for, but thanks for the effort!

thank goodness i found this forum...i have been trying to put a pic as an avatar and its not working and i don't know what im doing but if your willing to make me a creation for my name here is what i think might look neat....since my name is part baseball and part fixing cars i was thinking the Atlanta Braves 'A' with a pic of a new mustang driving really fast under the legs of the A...see what you can come up with...

thanx again

Ok. Ill try to describe this the best way I can.

I want it to be circular.

The word "The" bending across the top.

The word "PHANTOM" across the centner in all caps. I want the letters in Phantom to be red and look like they are dripping blood. The letter "O" should be replaced with just the head of a hooded figure that you cant make out the face on.

The words "Was Here" bending across the bottom.

It's been a while since I submitted to this thread. Popped in, and thought I'd take a stab at this request. I'm not sure if you can see enough at avatar size ?

phant_big.jpg

phant_big_2.jpg

6ce2a2a5-f40d-4be4-8edc-f45e3cde4541.jpg

d71eb596-3fec-4e22-8d22-828003cc3fdf.jpg

Hi all again not really an avatar request more of a image modification

this log has two images of our tiny tent (its a wynnster appollo 17 if you want to do  a search) !!! we are organising an event next year and the clue is to look for our tent under a UPOS (unusual pile of sticks) can anyone help us to get the picture of the tent modded so we can put it in the cache as a spoiler picture under a pile of sticks ?

TA

MArk

here are a couple of quick shots

82634e8d-af2a-4560-9f10-f12d23d8a611.jpg

and

53ddbd23-3acd-434a-a3bf-63d8205492e2.jpg

thank goodness i found this forum...i have been trying to put a pic as an avatar and its not working and i don't know what im doing but if your willing to make me a creation for my name here is what i think might look neat....since my  name is part baseball and part fixing cars i was thinking the Atlanta Braves 'A' with a pic of a new mustang driving really fast under the legs of the A...see what you can come up with...

thanx again

Here are a couple I hope you like

20c23c39-5961-4b01-9d86-ef3381bd14f3.jpg

b8ec444d-02c7-4eeb-a911-361ffe7a2d69.jpg

You guys are doing some awesome stuff here. Anyone wanna' take a stab at an "otherworldly" design for us?

We need something we can use for sig items, and if it works as an avatar as well, that's great. We'd like to incorporate the traditional GC colors, maybe a traditional "grey" alien face, or flying saucer, or crop circle. It should be "alien friendly" ... no evil alien theme.

We are a husband (Mulder) & Wife (Scully) team. We use a Garmin Map60C and an iPAQ pocket PC. Our OGRV (official geocache recovery vehicle) is a maroon Blazer with the tag "GO-CACHE." Of course, not all of this needs to be included in the design, just giving info...

Edit: oh, yeah...probably nothing too "cartoonish," but more hi-techish  :ninja:

Quick shot

f9152bf7-7255-4a17-bc27-a1929abd7dd7.jpg

as an avatar

10477b74-b7e0-4345-a721-4be690a055ac.jpg

Not exactly what we're looking for, but thanks for the effort!

another shot

7594fecc-147b-4ef3-a46c-f210f2673483.jpg

oh oh oh I'm glad I saw this post :rolleyes: This icon business has been driving me nuts for some time now. All I want is a very simple black outline fox lookin thing. The fewest details possible to make it look foxlike.

This was the original image: foxicon7ln.jpg

This is what I butchered it to: foxicon44qo.jpg

But, that is some idea of what im trying to accomplish. I want pretty much a tail and a head to make a circle or something like a tribal drawing, but I suck at drawing heads and pretty much anything else lol. Thanks for any help :D

thank goodness i found this forum...i have been trying to put a pic as an avatar and its not working and i don't know what im doing but if your willing to make me a creation for my name here is what i think might look neat....since my  name is part baseball and part fixing cars i was thinking the Atlanta Braves 'A' with a pic of a new mustang driving really fast under the legs of the A...see what you can come up with...

thanx again

Here are a couple I hope you like

20c23c39-5961-4b01-9d86-ef3381bd14f3.jpg

b8ec444d-02c7-4eeb-a911-361ffe7a2d69.jpg

looks good but the A is backwards...and can the car be silver or black! it looks good though..thanx a bunch

To all the people who have created avatars for others, you have done a wonderful job. All of them look way better than anything I could have done... and now on to the request. Do you think that you could create a wizard holding a staff and wearing a wizard hat (for the LOTR fans, something like Gandalf wears, with it bent sort of...), but on the hat, have the geocaching logo so that if you look carefully you can see it, but many people will likely pass over it at first glance?

Thanks a lot if you can, and if you can't, thanks for trying.

200c3284-404e-4f4d-96b1-7ce4920cbdad.jpgcda538c6-09be-47c2-bf8d-f412e1a79d83.jpg

Not quite holding a staff, but I thought it looked cool.

Now that would be cheating to look into your crystal ball to find the cache.

GoLeft

I too have been looking to create an avatar for my family team. With our family surname. I am looking to have a Sun with maybe a Hen inside it. Possibly using the GC colors. Thus our name.....Henson (corny I know, but thats what my kids came up with!) Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

my current screeename is cad-guy (I am a CAD Draftsman)

Living in Arkansas

Using a garmin Legend

Any other ideas would also be welcome.

Thanks

oh oh oh I'm glad I saw this post :D This icon business has been driving me nuts for some time now. All I want is a very simple black outline fox lookin thing. The fewest details possible to make it look foxlike.

This was the original image: foxicon7ln.jpg

This is what I butchered it to: foxicon44qo.jpg

But, that is some idea of what im trying to accomplish. I want pretty much a tail and a head to make a circle or something like a tribal drawing, but I suck at drawing heads and pretty much anything else lol. Thanks for any help :D

Do You Like this little guy ?

a87e2f4f-def3-494a-a2ef-68dfd24e3e37.jpg

I too have been looking to create an avatar for my family team. With our family surname. I am looking to have a Sun with maybe a Hen inside it. Possibly using the GC colors. Thus our name.....Henson (corny I know, but thats what my kids came up with!) Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

my current screeename is cad-guy (I am a CAD Draftsman)

Living in Arkansas

Using a garmin Legend

Any other ideas would also be welcome.

Thanks

Here are a couple

0918a2ce-4d44-4cbd-9275-a2a85b526dbd.jpg

77c678ea-4fa3-48dc-9a8a-fc2b3cf287da.jpg

or

492f27d3-ff42-4f73-bb6b-759f20cbc5a5.jpg

569aab39-918b-4268-9f69-99b16bb25948.jpg

hi . been seeing all the great aviators in here and decided i needed one myself .

here are a few things i might like to combine :

~  c4

~  exploding something

~  the geocaching logo

any thoughts ??

thanks in advance .

c4

I heard that's a real good movie "The Aviator".......

Hello claude.....I could'nt help myself...

JayBee

hi . been seeing all the great aviators in here...

c4

I heard that's a real good movie "The Aviator".......

Hello claude.....I could'nt help myself...

JayBee

dangit , i hate it when i type to fast for my brain .

great to see ya JayBee ! ( i've had a few people that were/are headed your way and looking for caches .i told them to take the Magical Mystery Tour . enjoy the extra vistors :D ) .

c4

Edited by claud4

Hi I'm pretty new to the geocacheing world but plan on being on the site alot. I am in need of a cool avatar. I have read all of the pages on this subject & hope someone is still helping with these.

Our caching name is okieduo. We are husband and wife. Both retired and use a garmin Vista C. Usually husband is using the gps and I handle the pda with the cache info. We travel alot & hike. I like to take pictures and scrapbook. I would like to use the state of OKla somehow with an arrowhead and of course the geocache colors in it somewhere. If you need more info let me know. Hope to hear from someone about this when you have time.

Wide avatars don't really work too well on these forums as it is limited to a width of 75 pixels. I don't believe there is a limit on the height of an avatar. One way to get around that is to cut out any extraneous parts on the side to make the avatar more slender. In the case of your avatar, simply stacking the subjects works too.

32d192ab-0576-40dd-9d99-b35e133fc224.jpg or f1546ade-4cd3-4134-b3a2-374457388d05.jpg

GoLeft

Edit: oh, yeah...probably nothing too "cartoonish," but more hi-techish  ;)

Ok, since nobody else is stepping up, heres my lame attempt at a geo-crop circle.

d29d0771-eec9-458e-b424-a78025162550.jpg ----> 91b48dfe-32f3-423f-b6d0-f0b206cd47ac.jpg

GoLeft

Edit: oh, yeah...probably nothing too "cartoonish," but more hi-techish  :lol:

Ok, since nobody else is stepping up, heres my lame attempt at a geo-crop circle.

d29d0771-eec9-458e-b424-a78025162550.jpg ----> 91b48dfe-32f3-423f-b6d0-f0b206cd47ac.jpg

GoLeft

Hey...cool crop circle! Unfortunately, we probably couldn't use it due to trademark issues

:drama:

We've wrestled with photoshop and come up with a sig design that we like, but I guess the details get lost trying to use the image for an avater. Anybody know the size limitation for uploading an image file? Anything we can do to get the details to show up? Here's a larger sized image...

3ad10c4b.jpg

BRDAD made my avatar for me, a couple years ago, and now I want to use it for the obverse of a geocoin. My needs are minor - the shoes are uncolored, I suppose they should be black (?), and there is no green grass between the legs.

And the name should be TheAlabamaRambler.

Anyone wanna take a shot at filling these in for me?

Thanks,

Ed

Edited by TheAlabamaRambler
BRDAD made my avatar for me, a couple years ago, and now I want to use it for the obverse of a geocoin. My needs are minor - the shoes are uncolored, I suppose they should be black (?), and there is no green grass between the legs.

And the name should be TheAlabamaRambler.

Anyone wanna take a shot at filling these in for me?

Thanks,

Ed

Do you have a larger picture of the artwork to work with, or do you just want the avatar sized one changed?

<~GoLeft

I do have a larger file, but the only thing I use it for is to create an avatar in the different forums, and I have to down-size it every time I do.

My interest in getting it cleaned up now is to use it as artwork to submit for the obverse of a geocoin.

If you need the larger file for that I can email it.

Thanks!

Ed

Hi Ed,

Go ahead and send me the larger file and I will make the necessary adjustments for you. Contact me through my geocaching account. :anitongue:

<~GoLeft Curtis

Ok Okieduo.

My first attempt at doing an avatar in this forum. But I came up with this. It's kinda boring but fits the basic design you wanted. Maybe I can come up with something a little more exciting. Let's see how you like this one:

okieduo46ux.gif

and yet another one

okieduo21yd.gif

These are already resized to 75 pixel width.

Edited by Coffea robusta

All of you that have shared your talents in creating avatars, are awesome! The artwork that I've seen in the the 27 pages (!) have been great. So much imagination and talent!!

I know you're probably busy now that the Christmas season is approaching, but if anyone has time, I would love to have an avatar designed.

Gaelcachers consist of myself, my husband and my daughter, although I'm the GPS geek in the family.

We're of Scottish ancestry, and I spent some time trying to learn Scots Gaelic (not very successfully). Thus the Gael of cachers. I'd like something that incorporates a Scottish thistle. We use an Etrex Vista for our excursions. We live in Alberta, whose flower is the Wild Rose, so perhaps that could be part of the design too?

I'd like a design to use as an avatar, but perhaps also as a sticker.

Thanks so much to anyone who takes this on. I really appreciate all of the time that you've all given in creating so many great designs.