Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Is it possible for someone to make a teddybear sitting with a open treasure chest showcasing it's jewels.

I understand exactly what is being requested here, but I will refrain from the temptation of making the dangling participle avatar for this one, especially since FatherPippy is now watching this thread.

:rolleyes:

LOL, and I thought I had worded it so carefully as not to implicate that interpretation, I don't want the family heirlooms displayed. But now I can't find the words to explain without digging the hole any deeper.

I know this is a long shot, but would anyone here like to take a crack at a logo for the Arkansas Geocachers Association (http://www.ArkGeocaching.org)?

Since this will be used for our website and promotional materials, I'd like something original and that doesn't include the geocaching.com colors. Also, the main elements of the design should be recognizable and legible when scaled down to a small size.

Any takers?

We are Rubeeslpr (as in Wizard of Oz) We kind of like our avatar, but wonder if there is some way to incorporate the Geo colors? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not tied to this particular ruby slipper........perhaps someone has a better one.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Rubeeslpr
Is it possible for someone to make a teddybear sitting with a open treasure chest showcasing it's jewels.

LOL, and I thought I had worded it so carefully as not to implicate that interpretation, I don't want the family heirlooms displayed. But now I can't find the words to explain without digging the hole any deeper.

You have to admit that you did leave yourself wide open, anyway here is my attempt

f67d1c19-552a-4610-bad4-6c8f47eb7f62.jpg

I know this is a long shot, but would anyone here like to take a crack at a logo for the Arkansas Geocachers Association (http://www.ArkGeocaching.org)? 

Since this will be used for our website and promotional materials, I'd like something original and that doesn't include the geocaching.com colors.  Also, the main elements of the design should be recognizable and legible when scaled down to a small size.

Any takers?

here's a stab at it

ec7a313f-1072-4654-be98-a951077cee6e.jpg

We are  Rubeeslpr (as in Wizard of Oz)  We kind of like our avatar, but wonder if there is some way to incorporate the Geo colors?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Not tied to this particular ruby slipper........perhaps someone has a better one.

Thanks in advance

here ya go

142dc2a5-9b2d-4da1-a0bf-ad7255d5450a.jpg

Ok I'm a Kiltcacher and very proud of it. I would like a new avatar and also something I can use for a stamp. Maybe a guy that is hiking up a mountain with a staff in a kilt? Can anyone help?

quick try

9bb9f73b-759d-4a6b-9796-487088483da3.jpg

and

17b40b24-1a4d-4681-9755-fcc29b9176ca.jpg

A good start but is very hard to tell he is a kilt cacher. Maybe less mountain or get rid of the mountain. Somthing simple like a line drawing would be fine but I want people to see right away what the guy is doing and/or wearing. He doesn't have t be hiking.

Nice first attempt.

Thanks!

Hello, I have been using this avatar because it was the closest I could find. I do like this one, but I think that it could be improved. Completely lacking any artistic skills, and having been totally impressed with some of the creations I have seen here, I am open for suggestions... revamp existing, add color?, or brand new?

Thanks in advance, PhntmArcher. :)

ArcherWolf.jpg

Edited by PhntmArcher

Sorry guys and gals haven't been able to play much this week

Hey, that's what I had in mind.... but tcan you make the font a bit clearer.  You rock!

Love the idea of the yellow brick road.

Was there any particular font you wanted here is a different one

bed19b64-65e2-49d9-971b-e3aaa2584311.jpg

Ok I'm a Kiltcacher and very proud of it. I would like a new avatar and also something I can use for a stamp. Maybe a guy that is hiking up a mountain with a staff in a kilt? Can anyone help?

quick try

9bb9f73b-759d-4a6b-9796-487088483da3.jpg

and

17b40b24-1a4d-4681-9755-fcc29b9176ca.jpg

A good start but is very hard to tell he is a kilt cacher. Maybe less mountain or get rid of the mountain. Somthing simple like a line drawing would be fine but I want people to see right away what the guy is doing and/or wearing. He doesn't have t be hiking.

Nice first attempt.

Thanks!

I couldn't really find a great picture of a kilt cacher but I tried I am no good with actual line art maybe somone else can help you more

Here is another attempt

4debdda0-178e-4798-b4ed-93421ccc29c3.jpg

Since this will be used for our website and promotional materials, I'd like something original and that doesn't include the geocaching.com colors.  Also, the main elements of the design should be recognizable and legible when scaled down to a small size.

Any takers?

here's a stab at it

ec7a313f-1072-4654-be98-a951077cee6e.jpg

This is pretty close to what I had in mind. I'll see what the others think. Thanks for replying!

You guys are amazing! This is the thread that never ends...

We are noobies and almost completely computer illiterate... and would love to have an avatar.

Our name is Buildingblocks. We are a family of seven, with five children who we homeschool. Our last name is Block, and we are dedicated to building our childrens' character and intelect...

Children's initials (in age order) are I S A T L if you want to play with the wooden building blocks idea- Hubby and I are J and J. Uhh... brainstorming here, not coming up with much. Oh, it does not have to be GC themed, I could use it on other sites (homeschool related, etc) if it were not.

Thanks so much, guys... I was going to just do a lame image search and struggle with sizing it as it came. Editing is completely over my head!

:rolleyes:

To all the people who have created avatars for others, you have done a wonderful job. All of them look way better than anything I could have done... and now on to the request. Do you think that you could create a wizard holding a staff and wearing a wizard hat (for the LOTR fans, something like Gandalf wears, with it bent sort of...), but on the hat, have the geocaching logo so that if you look carefully you can see it, but many people will likely pass over it at first glance?

Thanks a lot if you can, and if you can't, thanks for trying.

I do not have an Avatar but would like a really cool one.  Any suggestions?  I have envisioned the West Virginia outline with the geocaching colors in it with a Hillbilly in the middle but I do not know how to go about drawing it.  Or some different twist on the Hillbilly.  Any thoughts?

how is this

f601176c-7035-4fc6-aa38-7ff3bb561f3a.jpg

Our name is Buildingblocks.  We are a family of seven, with five children who we homeschool.  Our last name is Block, and we are dedicated to building our childrens' character and intelect...

I kinda liked this one that I played around with...hope you do too

0256d694-7c42-4b40-aa4a-e8c987414be2.jpg

Do you need an Avatar?

Do you need help with a current Avatar?

Do you have questions about Avatars?

This is your place

Many people ask for help on their avatars.  Well, I like to help and so do many other people in the forums.

This is your place to bring them to our attention.

How can we help you today?

b292c77b-bc27-421c-bad2-2db7b00a0f63.jpg

P.S. : And now a word from Jeremy to anyone who is going to make an avatar.

3_600.jpg

"Please don't make derivatives of the logo. Legal mumbo jumbo forces me to say this. Come up with something unique and original."

For more info about Groundspeaks Logo Usage Policy....Click Here!

This is one of the avatars I have used: 3e51c094-6bdb-4274-bad4-80da432aae74.jpg

and this is the other: 52aed5a0-217b-43a9-bcf7-5f74a79bc9ad.jpg

Of the two I prefer the "fisherman" as it accords with my nom de plume. However neither is particularly original both being "clips" off the Net.

You guys are doing some wonderful work far and away beyond anything I could dream of. I would be very grateful if you could do something for a New Zealand geocacher. BTW my GPSr is a Garmin II Plus, an oldie but a goodie (that could almost be a description of me!)

Thanks if you are able and/or inclined to help.

Do you think that you could create a wizard holding a staff and wearing a wizard hat (for the LOTR fans, something like Gandalf wears, with it bent sort of...), but on the hat, have the geocaching logo so that if you look carefully you can see it, but many people will likely pass over it at first glance?

Thanks a lot if you can, and if you can't, thanks for trying.

how is this one for ya?

d3ff67ae-e0a8-4df5-ab54-b4eb8f94520a.jpg

I would be very grateful if you could do something for a New Zealand geocacher. BTW my GPSr is a Garmin II Plus, an oldie but a goodie (that could almost be a description of me!)

here is my take

0205b4f8-75a5-47c2-ab7d-a5a2f326174f.jpg

:) Many thanks, kimmyroo. Its just great and I will be delighted to use it. I just don't have your enviable skills.

If you are in our neighbourhood, Central Otago, New Zealand, and are keen on doing some geocaching, fishing, sightseeing or just chilling out over coffee, email me and I will tell you how to find me. BTW this is a general invitation.

Once again, many thanks.

I would be very grateful if you could do something for a New Zealand geocacher. BTW my GPSr is a Garmin II Plus, an oldie but a goodie (that could almost be a description of me!)

here is my take

0205b4f8-75a5-47c2-ab7d-a5a2f326174f.jpg

:) Many thanks, kimmyroo. Its just great and I will be delighted to use it. I just don't have your enviable skills.

If you are in our neighbourhood, Central Otago, New Zealand, and are keen on doing some geocaching, fishing, sightseeing or just chilling out over coffee, email me and I will tell you how to find me. BTW this is a general invitation.

Once again, many thanks.

As I said "just great". I wondered, however, if it would be possible to make the "Onslow Fisherman" stand out a bit more? No worries if you haven't the time or whatever as I will still love it as is.

Hello, I have been using this avatar because it was the closest I could find. I do like this one, but I think that it could be improved. I am open for suggestions... revamp existing, add color?, or brand new?

Thanks in advance, PhntmArcher. :)

how is this

58bee63b-f837-4f30-a813-96b8c086fdea.jpg

Hey kimmyroo, I do like it. How would it look it the text was just black... would it stand out better or look goofy? Thanks for you work.

As I said "just great". I wondered, however, if it would be possible to make the "Onslow Fisherman" stand out a bit more? No worries if you haven't the time or whatever as I will still love it as is.

glad you like it! :anibad:

I would love to go to New Zeland but I am totally broke

Is this font color better?

ca93103e-70ee-487f-9323-30401f046d7e.jpg

I have been looking for a good image of a line art ghost leaf.  Those are the leaves that have had all the area between the veining removed.  Anyone know where I could find something like that?

I am not good at line art, but I found this one and a couple of other pics doing a google image search "leaf skeleton"

cbd83e09-33a1-466b-bf96-cbe73b6a2041.jpg