Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Well for a quick sum it didn't work.... :mad:  My avatar becomes extremely distorted when you try to resize it.

Huh. That's wierd. I got it up to 5" x 8" just as an experiment and it wasn't too obnoxious. :mad: Did need a little cleanup, but not really horrible-looking.

Make sure "constrain proportions" is checked in Image Size when you do the 110% setup in actions to start with.

Thank you oh so much Sparrowhawk for the rework on my avatar to allow me to print transfers and such. You've taken and made the image much crisper and "clean' looking...no way I could've done it! My son and I will have t-shirts made for our most recent upcoming event.....The Texas Challenge 2005. We'll wear the colors proud! :mad:

The Satrbucks thing is still an option.......Thanks again!

Payin it forward......... :mad:

Wow, just scrolled thru the whole post, very impressive!

I would love to be added to the list for a new idea. The one I have is a collection of wine corks, I think they don't show to well,  couldn't find a single wine cork image. We use wine corks for our signature item, signing our user name to them.

We (husband & wife team) like wine tasting and had lots of corks and started adding our geo name to them as signature items. Live in Calif. , (but that may change in 5 yrs when hubby retires.)

I'm a gardener so favorite color is green, I do all my emails in green, sign all my cache finds with a green pen.

That's all the ideas I can come up with, if anyone wants to make a stab at it using any of those. I am leaning more toward a single wine cork with our name and maybe the geocaching colors somewhere. Maybe a wine glass to show that it really is a cork in case it looks more like a tree stump.  :unsure: Or a standing cork showing grapes on it and another sideways with our name.

Thanks in Advance

Pulled my old post from Oct., made slight corrections. Wanted to see if any suggestions come up now. I have since taken the avatar out that I was using as mentioned in the original post and just added this one, couldn't find anything cooler.

Bumping since this thread seems more active lately. :unsure:

Thank you oh so much Sparrowhawk for the rework on my avatar to allow me to print transfers and such.  You've taken and made the image much crisper and "clean' looking...no way I could've done it!  My son and I will have t-shirts made for our most recent upcoming event.....The Texas Challenge 2005.  We'll wear the colors proud!  :lol:

You're welcome. <_<

That's my strength in Photoshop... I stink at coming up with new original images (being not a graphic designer) but I can sure transform an existing sad-puppy of an image into something either tolerable or actually something looking pretty cool. This one took about 4 layers of dissection and correction to do right. :o

(later edit) That's not to say it was a sad-puppy to START with at original size... it's a nice design, but the usual problems in enlargement applied.

Edited by Sparrowhawk
Ooohhh, i'd love an avatar please?

I've never been able to find a really nice picture of a female elf with dark hair and eyes............

I was known as elf by everyone at school, due to huge dark eyes and sharp cheekbones  :rolleyes:

here's an attempt....

5e1f293b-a514-4cfb-b434-bbbc1f56c505.jpg

That's brilliant - thank you so much :laughing:

I'd like some help with mine if anyone has any ideas. I'd like it simple, as I'd also like to use it as a logo on a sig item or stamp.

A better looking "thorn guy" would be good. As an alternate idea, the "Thorn" comes from my family name, which originally referred to a wild rose. I'm not sure how you could work that in and keep the design simple, though.

- Thanks!

I like your cat/hound one, but here's an alternate try.....

777a5d5f-4e06-4c9e-93b1-a2401fca796d.jpg

Oh my gosh Dino Hunters

I can't believe how awsome that is. My love of Basset Hounds is second only to my love of airplanes (hence my name skycop)

Can I have your permission to use this on my new business cards?

Thank you so much....I had this very idea in my head but was never able to get it on paper.

Bob :lol:

what program makes the vector images?

I use an antique version of a program called Micrografx Designer.

I have version 4.1 Tech Edition from eons ago, but it still works so....

The "Open Office" suite has a vector editor as part of that package.

I have it installed, and should see how well this works on a project some day.

Thank you oh so much Sparrowhawk for the rework on my avatar to allow me to print transfers and such.  You've taken and made the image much crisper and "clean' looking...no way I could've done it!  My son and I will have t-shirts made for our most recent upcoming event.....The Texas Challenge 2005.  We'll wear the colors proud!  :D

You're welcome. :lol:

That's my strength in Photoshop... I stink at coming up with new original images (being not a graphic designer) but I can sure transform an existing sad-puppy of an image into something either tolerable or actually something looking pretty cool. This one took about 4 layers of dissection and correction to do right. :(

(later edit) That's not to say it was a sad-puppy to START with at original size... it's a nice design, but the usual problems in enlargement applied.

I actually made transfers this last week and put them on sweatshirts for this last weekend......we went to a practice run on the Texas Challenge Event....needless to say EVERYONE knew who we were! :(

Thank you oh so much Sparrowhawk for the rework on my avatar to allow me to print transfers and such.  You've taken and made the image much crisper and "clean' looking...no way I could've done it!  My son and I will have t-shirts made for our most recent upcoming event.....The Texas Challenge 2005.  We'll wear the colors proud!  :(

You're welcome. :(

That's my strength in Photoshop... I stink at coming up with new original images (being not a graphic designer) but I can sure transform an existing sad-puppy of an image into something either tolerable or actually something looking pretty cool. This one took about 4 layers of dissection and correction to do right. :D

I actually made transfers this last week and put them on sweatshirts for this last weekend......we went to a practice run on the Texas Challenge Event....needless to say EVERYONE knew who we were! :lol:

Great Job to Sparrowhawk. I wish I could be more active here but until the baby gets here my time has been limited getting stuff together.

what program makes the vector images?

I use Adobe Illustrator

Anyone care to guess how my post got changed or combined with someone elses???? The quote shown here is what I posted. If you look at the thread above, it is completely different. :laughing:

I was wondering what happened, I saw the original and I saw the new post.. something didn't look right.. maybe no "edited by" marks? Will have to look.

It still says "Adobe Illustrator" on my screen...am I missing something ?

Both posts.

Top post on my screen says:

I use an antique version of a program called Micrografx Designer.

I have version 4.1 Tech Edition from eons ago, but it still works so....

The "Open Office" suite has a vector editor as part of that package.

I have it installed, and should see how well this works on a project some day.

I just cut and pasted that from the post.

Calling all Dino Hunters.........

Another favor to ask: Could you make both a Color and Black & White version of the attached? Am trying to put together a surprize Birthday present for Nomadic Man.

The Groundspeak Logo should have the official colors for the color version, and would need to be open boxes for the B/W version.

The Compass Rose can vary....this was just what I came up with as a guess.

N.M. found his 1st 250 caches without a GPS.....hence the "Nomadic Style"

TIA,

JayBee

60d5ea10-0f03-4748-bf4c-ad16f811bf76.jpg

I would like an avatar of two swans facing each other to form an almost heart shape please and if you could squeeze an etrex yellow into the picture (tastefully) that would be great.

Otherwise a modification of the existing avatar to put a GPS in the leading girls hand.

I could not think of a way to tastefully put in a yellow etrex - at least not yet.....

db4fb8ae-2b84-4199-8c0a-4d39f4521f7b.jpg

I would like an avatar of two swans facing each other to form an almost heart shape please and if you could squeeze an etrex yellow into the picture  (tastefully) that would be great.

Otherwise a modification of the existing avatar to put a GPS in the leading girls hand.

SOme great work on here well impressed!!!!!

swans02.jpg

Check your email ;)

I wouldn't mind a new Avatar either...

My username comes from the Marvel Comic Series titled StarBrand

I am a general geek (thus my current Av)

I am the president of our local club See here

I have a 2 year old that loves going geocaching

I am a Wyoming Cowboy fan (University of Wyoming)

Hope this information gives someone an idea for me - Thanks!!!! to somebody

Could someone come up with a wicked looking cat for us to use? A Wampus Cat is a folktale creature that is supposedly a sign that the Devil himself is nearby. We're not devilish people, we just enjoy good spooky folktales! The Wampus Cat description as I've heard it is that it's a little bigger than a house cat, walks upright on its hind legs, has a forked tail and red glowing eyes. If it were holding a Magellan SporTrak Color, that would be way too cool! Just keep in mind that there's 2 kids on our Team, so not too evil looking!

Could someone come up with a wicked looking cat for us to use?  A Wampus Cat is a folktale creature that is supposedly a sign that the Devil himself is nearby.  We're not devilish people, we just enjoy good spooky folktales!  The Wampus Cat description as I've heard it is that it's a little bigger than a house cat, walks upright on its hind legs, has a forked tail and red glowing eyes.  If it were holding a Magellan SporTrak Color, that would be way too cool!  Just keep in mind that there's 2 kids on our Team, so not too evil looking!

cool stuff here...