Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

I need a good picture of just a geocache ammobox with one of those "geocache" stickers on it so That I can put it on my sig card. I'm looking for preferably the ammo box alone with a white background, or just the box itself. oh, and the lid needs to be open. Also, i'd prefer a straight on shot from the front. Thanks,

Edited by Ghostcat78

I'm not having any luck getting my avatar up and running here.

I clicked on the option to edit my controls and avatar settings.

It took me back to geocaching.com. I followed the instructions, uploaded a legal-size avatar. I changed my signature. I entered my password to make sure the changes would save.

I still don't see an avatar.

Am I missing something or is there just a waiting period? Do I have to do something at Groundspeak once I've made the change at geocaching.com?

Thanks.

Edited by Smaug1

First, make sure you hit the button to "select avatar.' I think simply clicking the pic won't do it, you have to click that button. Next, you have to reenter the forum from the front page. Going through that intermediary page that makes you click the link to enter the forums updates your info here. If you are bookmarked to skip that page, your info won't update.

First, make sure you hit the button to "select avatar.' I think simply clicking the pic won't do it, you have to click that button. Next, you have to reenter the forum from the front page. Going through that intermediary page that makes you click the link to enter the forums updates your info here. If you are bookmarked to skip that page, your info won't update.

Excellent! Thanks a ton carleenp! B)

Excellent! Thanks a ton carleenp! B)

Yay! There is your avatar! Glad I could help! B)

Hi , I have an Eeyore avatar, I am a big Eeyore fan(ask Mastifflover!) I just have not found one that I am really happy with. Can you help me? I love goecaching, reading, playing computer games and spending time with Mastifflover. Any help from anybody would be greatly appreciated. I think an Eeyore with an Etrex Legend would be cool . I just am not handy enough with a computer to figure it out. Thanks in advance. TinyDiny :rolleyes::rolleyes::blink:

I just stumbled accross this and thought that folks in this thread might appreciate the info.

A FREEWARE avatar resizing software is available at this link.

I installed - looks simple and easy.

Perhaps may be of assistance for anyone having trouble resizing files. You simply pick you original file, select the max height and width and save the new file.

http://www.j-q-l.freeserve.co.uk/avatarsizer.htm

Can I get a PhotShop Guru to finish my avatar? I had Sparrowhawk start it, but unfortuneatly, she is having hardware problems. She says that if you need the "peices" , they can be sent.

What I am looking for is similar to the attached sketch;

b453303b-042d-41da-8fa6-ba5a51648e99.jpg

I really like the "night" look, but would like to get the light rays w/ "Go JayBee" & "LitLens" showing.

Anyone willing to give it a try?

TIA,

Go JayBee

I've come here like so many others looking for some help.  I've had several avatars that I've "borrowed" from the internet.  I think It's time that I had a custom avatar.  I've messed around with some imaging software... mess is the right word!  :D  But I haven't been able to manage anything that is presentable. 

I was hoping that some of the artists in the group could give me a hand.  I've seen some fabulous work in this forum!

I'm of course looking for something that goes with the Eskimo theme.  Kayaks, igloos, Eskimos, etc.  And if possible, a geocaching twist.  I use a Meredian Platinum GPS most of the time.  Or perhaps just a background with the Geocaching symbol colors.    Perhaps a variation of the one I am currently using with the Geocaching symbol background.  .... See, I have so many ideas and so little talent. 

Thanks in advance for your help

John

Hi All, I thought I'd try reposting this now that there is more activity on this thread. I've seen some really nice work coming out of here!

I was wondering if anyone was good enough to make an avatar for me

a mom... with either 8 arms each holding ballet slippers, swim suit, scout uniform, backpack, shopping list, laundry, car keys and a GPS

OR

the items can just be spinning over her head

Any other suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks

Can I get a PhotShop Guru to finish my avatar? I had Sparrowhawk start it, but unfortuneatly, she is having hardware problems. She says that if you need the "peices" , they can be sent.

I can do better... this weekend, I will post a high-quality "blank" for others to work from. (hi-quality pic of the tobasco bottle against an easily-deletable green background).

Stay tuned! :huh:

OK, phellow Photoshop phreaks! :blink:

Here is your blank for jaybee's image. This is made in Photoshop CS, one layer, no background. The bottle image is just the bottle nicely isolated on one easy, transparent layer. And DON'T left-click it because your browser won't know what to do with it. Right-click and save to desktop. I decided that was better to work with than what I thought to do at first. Thanks!

Right click and one download-able good quality Jaybee PSD

Edited by Sparrowhawk

I'm looking for an avatar for a friend,

KC_Chiefs needs an avatar that I can add to a hiking stick, (not me personally). It cannot be the logo of the Kansas City chiefs due to copy right issues but that is what they want to portray. I thought maybe something to do with the stadium as it is pretty recognizable

I'm a 'newbie', who has recently caught the geo-caching fever. I'm currently waiting delivery of my first GPSr, a Garmin 60CS. I'm totally impressed with all the friendly assistance being presented, among the geo-caching crowd. My current Avatar shows my ineptitude at creating a nice Avatar. Is there someone out there who can help me - please?

I'm a 'senior', a Canadian, who has worn the nick-name 'Bullfrog' for over 65 years, as did my father and grandfather. 'Bullfrog' is a derivitave of my real surname. Hence my log name of "bullfrogeh". My career was in Education. Would a Canadian Bullfrog with a professor's mortar-board, perhaps standing at a blackboard be a reasonable suggestion ?

There is no "original size" to speak of since it is all buit in vector format. I can send you an EPS file in the original format, or a JPG imported and rastorized to any amount of pixel width you'd like.

Feel free to send me an e-mail and let me know which of these you'd like.

Here is what it might look like in a circle format....

a0a688c9-8590-4656-8295-c3be959f6afe.jpg

Edited by Dino Hunters