Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Ok..after going through all 15 pages of this post, I gotta ask for one also.

I am male.

I'm an obsessive San Diego Chargers fan.

I use a Merigold, but no need to include it in the pic.

I'd like something including bolts and/or Chargers logo. I've messed with a couple in the past but really like what's going on here at this post. It's great to have a fresh set of designing eyes take on the task. Thanks in advance for any submissions.

GeoBoltz.

4405381341171945b8032.gif

is what I'm currently using.

ps. Sorry about cross posting a new topic. It's been a while since I've used the forums.

I'd like something including bolts and/or Chargers logo.

Does this do anything for you?

chargeo.jpg

Just a quick idea.

P.S. Sorry to the other folks that have been waiting longer, but I've been working mega hours and haven't had time. This post just hit me and I put something together quick-like.

P.P.S What happened to all the other graphics people in here?

edit: ie AmishHacker

Edited by CapnJackSparrow
You have to go to your profile page, where you hit EDIT YOUR PROFILE. Go to where it says YOUR AVATAR (change/edit)

It is there that you upload an image that you want for your Avatar (forum picture).

I was trying to figure out how to include an image in the post itself. I tinkered with an idea for someone's avatar, but I'm not sure how to display it for them to see.

I tried copying the photo and pasting it, which didn't work. (Paste wasn't an option).

I tried dragging it, but that made my screen do something weird. It looked like it tossed me out of the discussion boards.

I clicked on the IMG button, but that asked for a URL.

I'm seeing images in the posts, so there has to be a way.

Does this do anything for you?

chargeo.jpg

Very cool! Anything in a rounder configuration. And would it be possible to get the .psd or whatever file so I can enlarge it and/or play with it? Thanks a million. You guys are providing a neat service to those of us "artistically challenged".

GeoBoltz

Edited by Geo Boltz

Our local group has just voted on a new name...well, a name. (We didn't have one before.) Given the local fauna and our apparently similar senses of humor, we've come up with Poison Oak Cachers. We'd like to come up with an appropriate logo. The options are seemingly endless. Sure...we could just slam a three-leafed oak onto four, colored squares, but can someone here come up with something better? I've got ideas, but not the computer programs to fiddle with to make it happen (Paint just doesn't cut it...and neither do PageMaker or Word).

I was thinking about a really itchy guy...maybe with a GPS dangling around his neck, one arm reaching for that spot RIGHT in the middle of his back where he can't reach and the other reaching for an ankle or something. He could either be wearing a T-shirt with geocaching colors, or a ball cap with those colors or simply be set against a GC colors background.

Technical assistance anyone? We'd sure appreciate it!

First off I would I would like to say that there are some very creative people here. There have been some great Avatars created here. I have no talent. The best I could come up with is a half USA half Canada flag.

Who are the Wildwoods? We are Mr. Wildwood Mrs. Wildwood & Kidlet (our 14yr old daughter)

Mr. Wildwood is Canadian and has only lived in the USA for 4 years.

Mrs. Wildwood & Kidlet are American

Wild: Because Mr. comes from the Wilds of northern Canada

Woods: Our last name is Wood

We love the outdoors and hiking the trails around here. The wilds of Iowa are not the same as the wilds of Northern Canada. Instead of waking around the corner and coming face to face with a black bear and her cubs, now all we have to worry about is a squirrel with an attitude. :lol:

First off I would I would like to say that there are some very creative people here. There have been some great Avatars created here. I have no talent. The best I could come up with is a half USA half Canada flag.

Who are the Wildwoods? We are Mr. Wildwood Mrs. Wildwood & Kidlet (our 14yr old daughter)

We love the outdoors and hiking the trails around here. The wilds of Iowa are not the same as the wilds of Northern Canada. Instead of waking around the corner and coming face to face with a black bear and her cubs, now all we have to worry about is a squirrel with an attitude. :P

Bump

We're not just graphically challenged... I'm afraid it's worse than that. :-)

If someone could help us create an avatar, we'd be SO grateful!

Our name is hb'sbear04. HB stands for Hunny Bunny, which is our nickname for each other (I know, I know, VERY corny, but we were young and in love and it has stuck for 13 years -- can't teach old dogs new tricks now - he he he). We'd like the Bear part to refer to our labs - we're lab-crazy here and actually have 2 now - a black and a chocolate. We use a Magellan Meridian Color. He has red hair (receding), mine is dark brown. We've been called "very enthusiastic geocachers" - read that geo-nuts! And we always have our blue caching bag ready to go on a moment's notice. You're welcome to use any/all/none of this -- Something cartoonish would be so awesome!!

Thanks again so much!! My husband is going to be SOOO surprised! :-)

*Snippet*

Bump

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you are welcome to use if you wish. Wanted to keep the Canadian/American merger going...

I will keep on my site for 2 weeks, that should be plenty of time for you to be able to save it to your system.

If you are NOT going to use, please send me a message, that way, I will go ahead and delete. If you don't use......I will not be offended! :blink:

wildwoods.jpg

Original (just so you can see what it is):

wildwoods_orig.jpg

Edited by Skyarcher
*Snippet*

Our name is hb'sbear04.  We'd like the Bear part to refer to our labs - we're lab-crazy here and actually have 2 now - a black and a chocolate.  We use a Magellan Meridian Color.  And we always have our blue caching bag ready to go on a moment's notice. 

Hi,

This isn't cartoonish, so, if you don't want to use, that's just fine. I won't be offended. :blink:

To use, please save to your harddrive and then upload it. I will be deleting from my website in 2 weeks.

Here is avatar:

hbbear.jpg

And here is original (so that you can see):

hbbear_orig.jpg

How cool! What would you suggest if we were going to send to Sissy to make one of those stamper jobbies LSUFan has? We've seen his - very nifty!! Maybe something with just one of the heads with the GPSr in her mouth? What does she need - an EPS file?

We're so tickled with the concept you came up with! Thanks so much! :-)

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but you are welcome to use if you wish. Wanted to keep the Canadian/American merger going...

I will keep on my site for 2 weeks, that should be plenty of time for you to be able to save it to your system....

wildwoods.jpg

Original (just so you can see what it is):

wildwoods_orig.jpg

That looks great. I like the maple leaf.

I was thinking more of a mountain landscape background. Mr. lived close to the Rocky Mountains. Mrs. & Mrs. were married on a mountain top. We also love to canoe. Sorry we did not mention our love of the mountains before.

Edited by Wildwoods
How cool! What would you suggest if we were going to send to Sissy to make one of those stamper jobbies LSUFan has? We've seen his - very nifty!! Maybe something with just one of the heads with the GPSr in her mouth? What does she need - an EPS file?

We're so tickled with the concept you came up with! Thanks so much! :-)

Hi :lol:

Uhmmm...I'm honestly not sure what would be needed to make it into a stamp. I've never done that.

Glad you like it, wasn't sure about the tote. :blink: Looks much better in the bigger image.

I was thinking more of a mountain landscape background. Mr. lived close to the Rocky Mountains. Mrs. & Mrs. were married on a mountain top. We also love to canoe. Sorry we did not mention our love of the mountains before.

Oops.....sorry about that, was trying to incorporate the woods. I used picture that I took when I was in Alberta, Canada a couple of years ago. I know I have some from Grouse Mountain, Emerald Lake, Rogers Pass and more... :blink:

I'll work on it in the next couple of days when I get a chance.

Edited by Skyarcher
How cool! What would you suggest if we were going to send to Sissy to make one of those stamper jobbies LSUFan has?

Uhmmm...I'm honestly not sure what would be needed to make it into a stamp.

We have a small, family-owned stationary store in town. I've taken several things to them and they can make a rubber stamp out of it for approx. $20, depending on the size. I'd bring in a clear picture of it, and be sure to tell them if you want the same size or not. Try increasing/decreasing on a copy machine if you don't feel comfy doing it on a computer.

I've done everything from pre-printed picutures I've drawn to text I've hand-written that I didn't want to stamp over-and-over (for tags on crafts I made).

You may want to check to see if you have a similar store near you. If not...check out stores like Staples or Office Depot to see if they offer something similar or can make a referral to a local business that does this.

Oops.....sorry about that, was trying to incorporate the woods. I used picture that I took when I was in Alberta, Canada a couple of years ago. I know I have some from Grouse Mountain, Emerald Lake, Rogers Pass and more... :blink:

I'll work on it in the next couple of days when I get a chance.

Alberta Canada is where Mr. lived most of his life. The mountain where we were married on is near Canmore Alberta. Mount Charles Stewart is just outside the Banff National Parks bouderies.

Uhmmm...I'm honestly not sure what would be needed to make it into a stamp. I've never done that.

I took this from Sissy-n-CR's webpage so everyone will know what they require for a stamp to be made by them. I had read some requests here on the forum asking about it. All of the info on preparing artwork can be found at the following link

http://www.sissy-n-cr.com/store3.shtml

LSUFan

Edited by LSUFan

I too would like to request an avatar please.

My name is Sinbad7Seas. Based on the Sinbad movies in the 70's. So this is what I had in mind. A big 7 filling up the avatar space. The word Sinbad would be to the left of the 7 and Seas would be to the right. Within the seven would be a trail with a start point at the bottom and a dotted line or something going up and around the 7 to the top left with a treasure icon there. Some combo of pirate and geocaching fonts and colors would be cool.

Here is what I started with:

Sinbad7Seas.gif

The geocaching logo can go if it makes sense or is a problem.

Or if you have other ideas then that's cool too.

Thanks!!!

Hello to everybody out there. I am needing some help on making an avatar. My dad calls me jabberjaw because I talk so much. I wanted my screenname to be that. My dad gave me the screenname of saintsgirl but I changed it because I didn't like it. Will someone please help me make a avatar for the name jabberjaw. I want to make a stamp of it like my dad has so I can stamp the logbooks when we go geocaching. My dads screenname is lsufan. He is showing me how to do this. Thank You

Ok, I give up.

I have a Mac with Photoshop 3.0 and I saved my bumble bee as a jpeg originally. Thought I could upload it in that format but no go.

I then saved it as a tiff and still no go.

I saved it using GifConverter 2.45 and still no go.

I'm at the mercy to you follow cachers in creating me an avatar.

What I would like is a half sleeping bumble bee with three captions above the bee. In the first caption I would like the letter "Z" in it. In the secound two "ZZ". In the third, you guessed it, three "ZZZ".

My user name is alwaysbeezee which I am "always busy" doing something around the house, helping neighbors, and at work (well maybe not at work, can you say, sleeping on the job).

So if you could help me, I would appreciatate it very much.

Thanks, alwaysbeezee alias Bernie.

When this thread first surface, I thought..."sheesh, anyone can make an avatar...it looks soooo simple.". I went to work creating my very own. The first one sucked...so I tried some more. Then I tried again...and again and again. Ok...so it takes a little practice. That was over 6 months ago...and the best I could do in that time looked like a stick figure on crack.

I'm a failure at this. No amount of brainwork or practice can make up for a total lack of artistic ability. My cropped, probably copyrighted image just doesn't cut it anymore. I need help.

The Dominos pizza BadAndy character matches my personality and style. I'm always into something, usually on the edge of socially acceptable norms. Flash and mischief are what I thrive on.

I need a champion to bring that out. I'm asking...no begging for help here.

Yerocrg

Slinger91, I have an avatar but don't know how to post it.

Yerocrg

Yerocrg,

upload the image to one of your cache pages, or your profile page. View the image by its self. Copy the image in the Adress bar. Than paste it in the IMG tag, located just above the area you are making your reply.

I need to chime in also. My nick name is Kit Fox (Rare, and elusive fox that lives in the desert.

Here is a couple of links with some photos of Kit Foxes, for an idea. http://cstaff.hinsdale86.org/~kgabric/evol...r/Kit%20Fox.htm

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/te_species/index/cla...ages/kitfox.jpg

I'd like a logo that incorporates a kit fox and a desert scene.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Kit Fox
Maybe someone could help me with mine. I would like to see the 4-box color from the geocaching logo incorporated somehow.

15157_1100.JPG

slinger91

Ok, so I have been out for a long time but I am trying to get back this next year. I started with a recient one because I am not sure if some of the old request are still valid or they are still around.

LUCKY FOR SLINGER

BIG

e847d51f-856a-4d5e-a158-0ef0b1288709.jpg

Avatar Size (Please use for fourms)

a0eab910-b70a-4ab9-b9c8-3743bd79dd93.jpg

AmishHacker

I need to chime in also. My nick name is Kit Fox (Rare, and elusive fox that lives in the desert.

Here is a couple of links with some photos of Kit Foxes, for an idea. http://cstaff.hinsdale86.org/~kgabric/evol...r/Kit%20Fox.htm

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/te_species/index/cla...ages/kitfox.jpg

I'd like a logo that incorporates a kit fox and a desert scene.

Thanks in advance.

Fox Kit

Quick One

ffa38366-5e5f-4f37-93e6-1171f00fb312.jpg

AmishHacker

Wow, just scrolled thru the whole post, very impressive!

I would love to be added to the list for a new idea. The one I have is a collection of wine corks, I think they don't show to well, couldn't find a single wine cork image. We use wine corks for our signature item, signing our user name to them.

We (husband & wife team) like wine tasting and had lots of corks and started adding our geo name to them as signature items. Live in Calif. , (but that may change in 5 yrs when hubby retires.)

I'm a gardener so favorite color is green, I do all my emails in green, sign all my cache finds with a green pen.

That's all the ideas I can come up with, if anyone wants to make a stab at it using any of those. I am leaning more toward a single wine cork with our name and maybe the geocaching colors somewhere. Maybe a wine glass to show that it really is a cork in case it looks more like a tree stump. :unsure: Or a standing cork showing grapes on it and another sideways with our name.

Thanks in Advance

Pulled my old post from Oct., made slight corrections. Wanted to see if any suggestions come up now. I have since taken the avatar out that I was using as mentioned in the original post and just added this one, couldn't find anything cooler.

We love the outdoors and hiking the trails around here. The wilds of Iowa are not the same as the wilds of Northern Canada. Instead of waking around the corner and coming face to face with a black bear and her cubs, now all we have to worry about is a squirrel with an attitude. :grin:

I was thinking of a mountain landscape background. Mr. lived close to the Rocky Mountains. Mrs. & Mrs. were married on a mountain top. We also love to canoe.

I've come here like so many others looking for some help. I've had several avatars that I've "borrowed" from the internet. I think It's time that I had a custom avatar. (I'm getting ready for when I win the El Diablo Charity Hiking Staff) I've messed around with some imaging software... mess is the right word! :grin:

I was hoping that some of the artists in the group could give me a hand. I've seen some fabulous work in this forum!

I'm of course looking for something that goes with the Eskimo theme. Kayaks, igloos, Eskimos, etc. And if possible, a geocaching twist. I use a Meredian Platinum GPS most of the time. Or perhaps just a background with the Geocaching symbol colors. Perhaps a variation of the one I am currently using with the Geocaching symbol background. .... See, I have so many ideas and so little talent.

Thanks in advance for your help

John

Edited by Quintheeskimo66