Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Well, I'm not the infamous AmishHacker, but here is my attempt at your request.

<~GoLeft Curtis

Hey GoLeft, you're really good! Do you work in graphics for a living?

Thanks for the kudos, CapnJack!

I'm a programmer by trade, but I need to know how to work with graphic files in order to maintain my website. I use the avatar forum to kind of sharpen my skills. Fulfilling these requests is fun plus I have a lot of ideas bouncing around in my head and I love putting them into pixels.

PS. What is a wooden pear?

<~GoLeft Curtis

PS. What is a wooden pear?

<~GoLeft Curtis

Ha! Well since you asked, I'm using a friends hosting plan to upload my avatars. He is French-Canadian and his French last name translates to english as "Pear Picker." I set up the web site for him a while ago to sell his very creative woodwork items and we haven't gotten together to complete it, but he's only using it to host eBay items right now anyway.

P.S. I'm glad this post finally went to a new page, I was wearing out my scrolling finger! :rolleyes:

Edited by CapnJackSparrow

My wornout dude is great, I should have told you I am 59 years old, could you give him some gray hair, add a few years to his age and some older tennis shoes, thanks?

I couldn't figure out how to make the face older, but I changed the shoes and put mud on them. Put high black socks on him and I changed the hair. Hope you like it.

fbfb00a4-b70f-4428-b0d9-794018dffa6b.jpg

Edited by kimmyroo
I'd love to see a variation of our avatar.  Right now it's just a pic of the state flag.  Would like the GC colors included, but we like the red, too (Razorbacks fan).  Any ideas?

I'm just putting this up as a suggestion, feel free to hate it! :)

arkflag4.jpg

edit: alright, now that I see it online I hate it too. I'll fix it.

edit²: I like this one, how 'bout you?

We would love to have an avatar also. I have no idea how to make them. If anyone would like to help our caching name is Escapades because we drive a blue Ford Escape, We are a husband ,wife and daughter who is 9. We like caching in the mountains. We have a Magellan Sportrak Pro. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!!!!

TheGeoGoes,Sep 1 2004, 11:58 AM]

So, since I don't have any concrete ideas for an avatar/logo I would be greatful for a really slick design that I could use both as avatar and for personal signature items.    I'd love it to have some type of a Texas theme to go with the caching theme.    Maybe the State of Texas ?  Maybe a Double G for GeoGoes?    I originally thought about an armadillo......but then i thought that they have probably already been used a lot!?  I guess something totally original would probably be the best.

Looks like you've been waiting long enough! How's this for starters. I used the TX state bird (mockingbird), the TX state flower (blue bonnet), and the colors of the TX state flag for the outline of the state. I used the generic GeoCaching logo for the double "G". Let me know if you like it and I can send you he full size for other uses.

CapnJackSparrow

TX.jpg

Edit: Ok, for some reason the image wont show up so I will have to try again later as I am late for work ... sry

Edit²: Got it! Had to leave work early to get back to this because it was bugging me that it wasn't working. :lol:

Hi CapnJack!

Thanks so much for all of your hard work! I really liked the avatar that you designed; I think it looks great. But, I was wondering if you could tweek on it just a little bit. My husband really liked it too......but I think he'd probably prefer it to be a little more "rug-ged". Heck, he'd probably like to see camo on it or something. LOL :)

(I still think it's a beautiful avatar though!..... you did a great job and it's very creative!) :)

Thank you !!!!!!

Jenny/TheGeoGoes

TheGeoGoes,Sep 1 2004, 11:58 AM]

So, since I don't have any concrete ideas for an avatar/logo I would be greatful for a really slick design that I could use both as avatar and for personal signature items.    I'd love it to have some type of a Texas theme to go with the caching theme.    Maybe the State of Texas ?  Maybe a Double G for GeoGoes?    I originally thought about an armadillo......but then i thought that they have probably already been used a lot!?  I guess something totally original would probably be the best.

Looks like you've been waiting long enough! How's this for starters. I used the TX state bird (mockingbird), the TX state flower (blue bonnet), and the colors of the TX state flag for the outline of the state. I used the generic GeoCaching logo for the double "G". Let me know if you like it and I can send you he full size for other uses.

CapnJackSparrow

TX.jpg

Edit: Ok, for some reason the image wont show up so I will have to try again later as I am late for work ... sry

Edit²: Got it! Had to leave work early to get back to this because it was bugging me that it wasn't working. :lol:

Hi CapnJack!

Thanks so much for all of your hard work! I really liked the avatar that you designed; I think it looks great. But, I was wondering if you could tweek on it just a little bit. My husband really liked it too......but I think he'd probably prefer it to be a little more "rug-ged". Heck, he'd probably like to see camo on it or something. LOL :)

(I still think it's a beautiful avatar though!..... you did a great job and it's very creative!) :)

Thank you !!!!!!

Jenny/TheGeoGoes

Yep, little too flowery. I'll work on it!

I'd love to see a variation of our avatar.  Right now it's just a pic of the state flag.  Would like the GC colors included, but we like the red, too (Razorbacks fan).  Any ideas?

I'm just putting this up as a suggestion, feel free to hate it! :mad:

arkflag4.jpg

edit: alright, now that I see it online I hate it too. I'll fix it.

edit²: I like this one, how 'bout you?

Wow! Very nice work! Thanks!!!

I need help! I can't even figure out how to post the avatar I have used in the past for myself! I think it's on my profile page and I've got it saved in documents but can't seem to cut and paste it! Anyway the picture was of a little long-curly-haired-with-glasses girl. Our team name is Jjlrdomom & sidekicks (our last name is Jajliardo and the sidekicks are my 3 children: boy 8, girl 5 and boy 2. We haven't convinced Dad to go out with us yet. We are hoping to continue this sport as part of our homeschooling adventure. I wish I could download that picture as I'm thinking we could use that followed by 3 little "sidekicks" We also pretend that we are pirates out hunting treasure. I'd like to get something to make into t-shirts for us. Any thoughts? We are very new to geocaching but are already hooked!! Thanks for your help! Oh regarding the personalities of my sidekicks (guess that would help you out too maybe) the 8yo is into robotics and I sometimes refer to him as the mad scientist, the 5yo girl refers to herself as a queen, the 2yo is just a little doodlebug along for the ride!

Thanks for any assistance! I'm sure if I thought a while I'd get some ideas but I am not very computer literate and would never know how to get all that together!

Jjlrdomom (and one little sidekick who needs a serious diaper change!!) ;)

Thanks so much for all of your hard work!  I really liked the avatar that you designed; I think it looks great.  But, I was wondering if you could  tweek on  it just a little bit.  My husband really liked it too......but I think he'd probably prefer it to be a little more  "rug-ged".    Heck, he'd probably like to see camo on it or something.  LOL    :P

Ok, how about this one? It has Texas, an Armadillo in a Geo hat, the double "G" using the generic GeoCaching logo, and it even has camo!! :P

TX1.jpg

CapnJackSparrow

I've created a neat little avatar for myself using the only program I seem to have that will do such: PageMaker. But I can't figure out how to save it as a .jpg (or .tif or .bmp for that matter). PageMaker allows me to save it as a PDF, PDM or HTML file. Any suggestions? What programs do y'all use to create/edit your images for avatars?

<------------- And that's NOT it....

Edited by BooBooBee
I've created a neat little avatar for myself using the only program I seem to have that will do such: PageMaker. But I can't figure out how to save it as a .jpg (or .tif or .bmp for that matter). PageMaker allows me to save it as a PDF, PDM or HTML file. Any suggestions? What programs do y'all use to create/edit your images for avatars?

Unfortunatly PageMaker­® is a page layout program only. In order to save your file as a .jpg you will need a photo editing program such as PhotoShop­® or, much less expensive, Microsoft Paint­®. However, if you would like to save your file as a .pdf and send it to me, I can convert it for you.

CapnJackSparrow

Unfortunatly PageMaker­® is a page layout program only. In order to save your file as a .jpg you will need a photo editing program such as PhotoShop­® or, much less expensive, Microsoft Paint­®. However, if you would like to save your file as a .pdf and send it to me, I can convert it for you.

Thanks for the offer, Capn Jack. I figured if you could convert it, there MUST be a way I could do so on this machine, too. (Surely in this electronic pile of stuff there MUST be a way to do it. SURE ENOUGH!)

I created that ugly first try (see post above) in Paint and the results sucked. So I figured that program wasn't going to do much for me. In fact, it was JUST the ticket. Here's how I did it.

Since I don't have PhotoShop (or the funds for such a program) I used PageMaker to create my avatars (there are three variations which I'll rotate now and again as the mood strikes me...and I'm a woman...so that COULD be often :) ), saved them as PDF files. Opened the PDFs with Acrobat Reader. Copied the images, pasted them to a new Paint file, cropped and saved as jpg file. Seems to have worked.

Now...it's not NEARLY as awesome as the stuff you Avatar Czars come up with, but I'm pretty happy with it for now. Maybe SOMEDAY I'll be able to create fantastic works, too. :D

BooBooBee

it won't be my avatar - but I do need it for something GC related - possibly a new sig item -

I need a purple hand print (right hand)

any help would be much appreciated.

I wanted to post a better version of this one then I did before.....

hand.jpg

and just in case - couple of avatars for fun...

Just a hand...

623d46d9-841f-4f0e-8328-ce12200f081d.jpg

A hand with a shadow....

9d757ce5-fcc1-4377-82b4-159d03b10750.jpg

A box of hands...

bb5b21f7-1e9c-4544-85a7-8626e57a15b7.jpg

I am about to lose my little geocaching partner if I can't get some help. DH previously made me a great avatar that I had Sissy & CR make into a stamp for me. The problem is that now my ten year old geocaching accomplice feels left out and is threatening to boycott future geocaching hunts unless she also has an avatar/stamp of her screename. (Man, kids these days get educated fast. She'll probably organize a union with her one year old brother before Christmas) :mad:

Will DH or someone help me before she starts walking a picket line. Her screename is SAINTSGIRL. Originally the name came from the New Orleans Saints but it doesn't necessarily have to be that. I kinda knew what I wanted my avatar to look like but I don't have a clue on anything for hers. I need your creative minds and skills to help me with this.

I want to thank everyone in advance for any help they can give me/and her.

LSUFan

Wow... i am amazed by the creativity and generosity going on here!

If someone gets a chance, I would love some help with an avatar. I had one for about a minute, but I was embarassed because it just wasn't right and there are some really great ones in this forum.

I am a female and I use a sportrak pro. I am an ice hockey goalie and I was hoping to somehow incorporate gc into a goalie theme...

Any ideas would be great. Thanks!

We would love to have an avatar also. I have no idea how to make them. If anyone would like to help our caching name is Escapades because we drive a blue Ford Escape, We are a husband ,wife and daughter who is 9. We like caching in the mountains. We have a Magellan Sportrak Pro. Would appreciate any help. Thanks!!!!

I would love some help in creating an Avatar, please. But it is also something I'd like to use to eventually create a rubber stamp that says under it: Birdsong-n-Bud Found it!

I'd like to have a bird, holding binoculars.

He could either be looking through them (with a smaller, baby bird by his side if possible, also having binoculars).

Other twists on this theme, the larger bird has binoculars around his neck, is holding them with one hand at his chest, but is pointing to the distance with his wing, while baby bird looks in that direction through his binoculars.

If that is too busy for an avatar: yet another idea:

A bird slamming a flag pole (with flag on top) into the ground, and the flag says either "I FOUND IT!" or "B&B Found It!" I picture him slamming the pole so hard into the ground that his little feet are actually off the ground.

Can anyone help? Thanks for having this help feature for the artistically impaired!

I am looking for a logo to use for a potential sig item. I like my avatar, but I don't want that for the logo. I am thinking of something using scales kind of like the scales of justice but without the statue. Since it would be for a sig item logo I would need my user name in the logo. I am thinking of wooden nickels or something like that so it would need to be circular.

Thanks for any help from the community.

Do you need an Avatar?

I do, I do!

I think it is awesome that you're willing to do this for folks.

I'm "Wildlife Eggsplorer." I would love an avatar that will double as a log stamp. Here's my vision:

A female egg, kayaking with binoculars around the neck. (calm kayaking, not rapids)

Size: I will be stamping the avatar onto a split wooden egg, 1-5/8" x 1/2". I would like my geocaching name to be included. Do you need any other information?

Thanks!

Wow, just scrolled thru the whole post, very impressive!

I would love to be added to the list for a new idea. The one I have is a collection of wine corks,, I think they don't show to well, couldn't find a single wine cork image. We use wine corks for our signature item, signing our user name to them.

We (husband & wife team) like wine tasting and had lots of corks collected so it seemed naturally to use them. Live in Calif. , (but that may change in 5 yrs when hubby retires.)

Third member of our team is 19 yr old son.

I'm a gardener so favorite color is green, I do all my emails in green, sign all my finds with green pen.

We cache in our red (gas hog) Yukon XL

That's all the ideas I can come up with, if anyone wants to make a stab at it using any of those. I am leaning more toward a single wine cork with our name and maybe the geocaching colors somewhere. Maybe a wine glass to show that it really is a cork in case it looks more like a tree stump. :lol: Or a standing cork showing grapes and another sideways with our name.

Thanks in Advance

Edited by geobrowns
How do you imclude an image into a post? I clicked on the IMG button and it's asking for a URL. Do I need to upload the image somewhere first?

Hey, who is that cute egg in here? ;)

You have to go to your profile page, where you hit EDIT YOUR PROFILE. Go to where it says YOUR AVATAR (change/edit)

It is there that you upload an image that you want for your Avatar (forum picture).

It'll ask you to choose a CURRENT picture (top right). Choose the one you want, and be sure to make sure it says CURRENT above it on the button.