Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

29bb9599-c077-4f3c-b1be-072ba902eebd.jpg

I love the frog but do think you could replace the catfish with a fish I found but don't know how to upload it to message boards I think that you could put a gps in its hand because its holding a fishing rod I have the image in my profile. but thank you for making this one for me :o

OK - well I could not really work with the file that was so small in your profile, but I think I may have made an improvement anyways.

What do you think of this one ?

fd721cbc-bf55-4beb-8015-39b281556c56.jpg

Edited by Dino Hunters
Such a generous offer! I'm brand new to geocaching, just got my 1st GPSr last week. I'd love to have an avatar. I'm female, use an eTrex Vista, and my name (ChanceRider) is because I ride my horse Chance. I'm hoping to be able to combine horseback riding and geocaching as I get a bit better - at both!

I'd love to have the silhoutte (sp?) of a horse, maybe with the logo colors incorporated? Thanks in advance if you take this on!

chancerider

4ad77a48-c07c-406e-803f-1f832402fd5e.jpg

Wow, I'm impressed. I wish a had just a fracton of the talent I have seen. There by, I will humblly ask for the Help of all these talented poeple.

The wife and I cache together, we use a magellan sportrak pro.

Our name comes from the cars we drive....dodge neons. Long story....it wasn't planed, it just happened anyway.

I hope someone has an idea.

69ddb7f2-3304-4d80-9026-9a87c6639747.jpg

not very creative but hope you like it

Hi! You helped my brother, Texastracker, with his avatar and it looks AWESOME!!! Can you help me with mine? I can't seem to get the words Arkansas Cache Crew and the Geocaching colors on my avatar. Any help you can give would be GREATLY appreciated! I use a Magellan Sport Track Map GPS and would also like to incorporate the fact that Arkansas is the Natural State in my avatar. We are a family of 4, Mother, Father, 2 daughters. I don't know if that helps with the creative process at all. We are also new to this, but enjoy it immensly! Thanks for any help you can give us!

For Rockymountainflea

By way of explanation.

Replace the word "Arkansas" with the map, and the avatar reads "Arkansas Cache Crew". The Apple blossoms are (of course) the state flower of Arkansas, so I made one with 4 blossoms to represent each member of your family. The green colour of the map of Arkansas is meant to represent it being the "natural" state.

I hope this works.

23ddf38e-9c47-4a76-9de8-6db264848c89.jpg

Thank you so much for the avatar. It looks great! I will use it from now on! ;)

SCOOBIE 10

Sorry Scoob,

It's only been 3 months since your request, but here is a crack at it.

The biggest one has the sun with the colors radiating from the sun. The name tag has been modified from the standard "SD" to the number "10". Also your Vista is being held by his tail, and he is eating an ice cream cone.

On the avatars, the sun was making it waaaay too busy, so I zapped it outta there. On one there is a white glow to kind of accent the scoob, and on the other one it is not there - you decide. Hope you like.

279d4f82-abed-4fe9-8d80-03d7722d804c.jpg

1bc4b5a2-9c09-4f1e-821c-a40c4ab7fd45.jpg

4924971e-15d4-44f7-8314-52fb488bbcc7.jpg

<~GoLeft Curtis

Can someone give me the exact Hexi for the forum background gray? I seem to be off slightly.

Digging in the page source, I thought the color code was EBEEF0 but I think I see a little shadow on mine too. All those codes make you cross eyed sometimes. :mad:

Edited by GeoIA

I am looking for someone to do new avatar for me. I'd also use the new design on my website. That being the case, I wouldn't want someone to do it for free. Drop me an email if anyone is interested. I'll pay in many currencies: my signature tokens, Groundspeak gift certificate, US dollars... :mad:

I'm thinking I want clawmarks that sort of form the shape of a 'C'.

Thanks in advance!

Along similar 'lines' as YeOleImposter's request, I would like to request a simple line drawing that would capture "Pen&Card".  It would really 'impress' my wife, who is into stamping in a very big way. 

Thanks,

Pen

How's this for an attempt ?

pcbig.jpg

433f456b-4262-4c12-b5c1-2cd2de247ae2.jpg

Just e-mail me if you'd like an EPS file to send to a stamp maker.

Edited by Dino Hunters
SCOOBIE 10

Sorry Scoob,

It's only been 3 months since your request, but here is a crack at it.

The biggest one has the sun with the colors radiating from the sun. The name tag has been modified from the standard "SD" to the number "10". Also your Vista is being held by his tail, and he is eating an ice cream cone.

On the avatars, the sun was making it waaaay too busy, so I zapped it outta there. On one there is a white glow to kind of accent the scoob, and on the other one it is not there - you decide. Hope you like.

279d4f82-abed-4fe9-8d80-03d7722d804c.jpg

1bc4b5a2-9c09-4f1e-821c-a40c4ab7fd45.jpg

4924971e-15d4-44f7-8314-52fb488bbcc7.jpg

<~GoLeft Curtis

Very cool GoLeft...thanks!

Scoob

I am looking for someone to do new avatar for me.  I'd also use the new design on my website.  That being the case, I wouldn't want someone to do it for free.  Drop me an email if anyone is interested.  I'll pay in many currencies:  my signature tokens, Groundspeak gift certificate, US dollars...  :huh:

Thanks in advance!

CrimsonWrath,

How's this:

CW.jpg

Email me if you like it and I can send you larger files.

CapnJackSparrow

Edited by CapnJackSparrow
Update for LSU......

fe6432d1-08db-444d-9e7f-0b72b9326a1e.jpg

DH, That is perfect. It's exactly what I wanted. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the effort you made for me. Please let me buy you dinner for this. Just email me an address and I'll send you some restaurant gift cards. Let me know what kind of food you enjoy also. If there's one thing we Cajuns know how to do, it's eating----after a day of geocaching :huh:

I'm going to download it and get it to Sissy so she can make me a stamp from it.

Thanks Again

LSUFan

I am looking for someone to do new avatar for me.  I'd also use the new design on my website.  That being the case, I wouldn't want someone to do it for free.  Drop me an email if anyone is interested.  I'll pay in many currencies:  my signature tokens, Groundspeak gift certificate, US dollars...  :)

Thanks in advance!

CrimsonWrath,

How's this:

CW.jpg

Email me if you like it and I can send you larger files.

CapnJackSparrow

Can you tell that I like it?

<-------------- :D

Thanks a ton! I look forward to seeing what else you can do!

DH, That is perfect. It's exactly what I wanted. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the effort you made for me. Please let me buy you dinner for this. Just email me an address and I'll send you some restaurant gift cards. Let me know what kind of food you enjoy also. If there's one thing we Cajuns know how to do, it's eating----after a day of geocaching :)

I'm going to download it and get it to Sissy so she can make me a stamp from it.

Thanks Again

LSUFan

LSU Fan

Sissy is going to want a B&W version (like below).

E-mail me your e-mail address and I'll send you an EPS file in B&W which will be what Sissy would like to create a stamp.

And don't worry 'bout the dinner - this thread is all about volunteering !

2579281e-75d8-4cff-b3d3-e4cfdf4a8dbe.jpg

Hi guys!

I've been admiring your all work here and would love to have something for Team LightningBugs. I don't post on the forums, but really need something nice to put on cards and labels as well as a B/W version to make a stamp. I've been picturing in my head a cartoonish flying lightning bug with his abdomen glowing and holding a GPSr (etrex Legend). Or maybe you have some better ideas? Thanks!

Hi guys!

I've been admiring your all work here and would love to have something for Team LightningBugs. I don't post on the forums, but really need something nice to put on cards and labels as well as a B/W version to make a stamp. I've been picturing in my head a cartoonish flying lightning bug with his abdomen glowing and holding a GPSr (etrex Legend). Or maybe you have some better ideas? Thanks!

cc086a16-64ef-4651-b441-745623f576e3.jpg or B&W bde235fb-8846-41e3-8192-a34fe4b34dac.jpg

e-mail me for EPS file.

Edited by Dino Hunters
Ok, we'd love an avatar for our newly created team, so I'm going to the wisdom of the mighty forum.

1. Make sure to post more than just asking for one.....what are your ideas....are you male....female....what type of GPS do you have.......what is the meaning of your name.....etc

Team Geo-Techsans is the name - comes from the fact that the 2 adults are both grads of Texas Tech

mom, dad, 10 year old brother, 6 year old sister

ideas would be the Tech double-t, the tech masked rider, or any suggestions from avatar creators

we like the tech colors (scarlet and black) as well as the geocaching.com colors

we use a simple etrex yellow gpsr

4. Please be patient.

But of course!  Many thanks for creating this thread!!!

Not that I'm getting impatient (heaven forbid!), but wanted to bump this again in case we got lost in the shuffle....

Thanks go out to anyone who can take a stab at this one.... :(

I'm showing off my new avatar :(

This was a real road sign that I discovered today while caching. I actually did a double take ("did that sign say what I think it said??") and turned around and drove back, and took a picture.

I only did very mild photoshopping to remove an accent from the last "e" in the word "cache".

The fun part is that there actually was a cache hidden in the direction of that arrow (the cache I had just completed)... it wasn't quite 225 meters away though!

Hi guys!

9bba9f1d-4c07-4902-9284-308ba5324531.jpg or B&W 4b8d2bd7-8f16-4c11-9007-cb2629a7cff4.jpg

e-mail me for EPS file.

Those are awesome - thanks! :(:(:) I would like to tweak the color a little if I could. The etrex should be blue and the bug just generally needs some more color. Could you add a little green to body and head perhaps? And I think I'll need white backgrounds for both. Thanks so much for the quick turnaround!!!

What a wonderful thread, I want to play too!

My attempt at an Avatar is meant to show a combination of my name and my love for my Geko 201!  Could people help liven it up a little?  Also please do something to my hair which is medium length straight brown, not the mass of frizz you see here.  Oh dear am I that vain... :(

Well - here's a try.

Changed the hair, and while I was at it, I turned the lizard into a leopard gecko.

744c2a8a-85d1-438c-a4c8-68b12e29584e.jpg

Edited by Dino Hunters
Those are awesome - thanks! :(:(:) I would like to tweak the color a little if I could. The etrex should be blue and the bug just generally needs some more color. Could you add a little green to body and head perhaps? And I think I'll need white backgrounds for both. Thanks so much for the quick turnaround!!!

Update - a little more colour.

cc086a16-64ef-4651-b441-745623f576e3.jpg

Those are awesome - thanks!  :)  ;)  :(  I would like to tweak the color a little if I could. The etrex should be blue and the bug just generally needs some more color. Could you add a little green to body and head perhaps? And I think I'll need white backgrounds for both. Thanks so much for the quick turnaround!!!

Update - a little more colour.

cc086a16-64ef-4651-b441-745623f576e3.jpg

:( He's so cute! I love him! I you ever need a favor DH, just let me know.

I grabbed this one to use as an avatar (for if I ever post again). I tried making the background white myself. but lost some of the edge detail. So if I could get that from you (both the colour and B/W), I'll be set!

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's an EPS file?

:( He's so cute! I love him! I you ever need a favor DH, just let me know.

I grabbed this one to use as an avatar (for if I ever post again). I tried making the background white myself. but lost some of the edge detail. So if I could get that from you (both the colour and B/W), I'll be set!

Please excuse my ignorance, but what's an EPS file?

EPS: in this case, the original file is not a collection of dots in an X and Y grid. It is a collection of data basically describing the curves and objects that make up the picture. I convert it to the collection of dots (pixels) when I make the .jpg file you see on the forum web page.

or the short answer....

the EPS file is the one your stamp company is going to want you to bring.

E-mail me, and I can send you all the types of and background colours files you need. - DH

Alright. Here's the help I need. Change the football to a GPS unit. Change the number on the jersey to a geocaching symbol.

Is this it? Cuz if it is, it was way too easy!! <_<

Bear.jpg

:blink: Hey, thanks for the help. Feel free to suggest other alterations if it pleases you. I'm open to suggestions.

How's this for an attempt ?

pcbig.jpg

433f456b-4262-4c12-b5c1-2cd2de247ae2.jpg

Just e-mail me if you'd like an EPS file to send to a stamp maker.

Outstanding work! Thank you. I'll send you an email. Don't know what an EPS file, is, but if it is needed for making stamps, my wife will put it to good use!

Thanks one more time,

Pen

TheGeoGoes,Sep 1 2004, 11:58 AM]

So, since I don't have any concrete ideas for an avatar/logo I would be greatful for a really slick design that I could use both as avatar and for personal signature items.    I'd love it to have some type of a Texas theme to go with the caching theme.    Maybe the State of Texas ?  Maybe a Double G for GeoGoes?    I originally thought about an armadillo......but then i thought that they have probably already been used a lot!?  I guess something totally original would probably be the best.

Looks like you've been waiting long enough! How's this for starters. I used the TX state bird (mockingbird), the TX state flower (blue bonnet), and the colors of the TX state flag for the outline of the state. I used the generic GeoCaching logo for the double "G". Let me know if you like it and I can send you he full size for other uses.

CapnJackSparrow

TX.jpg

Edit: Ok, for some reason the image wont show up so I will have to try again later as I am late for work ... sry

Edit²: Got it! Had to leave work early to get back to this because it was bugging me that it wasn't working. :rolleyes:

Edited by CapnJackSparrow

Team Racedog

Hey AmishHacker. How about helping out a fellow Hooiser. We named ourselves Team Racedog in honor of our pet greyhound. So far, I haven't been able to find a suitable avatar. Think you could come up with something using a running greyhound? I prefer that it not be too cartoonish but hey, beggars can't be choosers. BTW, I like the one you did for Greyhounder using the geochache colors. Very cool. I had no idea you Amish were so handy with computers. Thanks.

Well, I'm not the infamous AmishHacker, but here is my attempt at your request.

6e4cdca3-d62c-40ac-bd69-c6c36cf7f60b.jpg --- Avatar Sized ---> 509da296-41b3-4372-b2fd-3ced54f77a0b.jpg

<~GoLeft Curtis