Avatar Creation Requests, Submissions, And Help.

Hey Dino - I love how it's looking...but is there any way we can make the "4 color" part of the logo as the "background" to the globe? In other words, the continents and GSP would be on top of the 4 color background? Hope that makes sense! I love how it's looking though...you're doing a great job! THANKS!!!

like this ?

f24434af-96e8-4e91-837b-74ac3f4998c3.jpg

YES! I had actually thought of it on the globe (round) part but I think this is even better! THANK YOU! You are awesome! Now I'll download it and figure out how to attach it to my profile (I know the instructions are on page 1 if I remember correctly!)

THANKS AGAIN!!!

pam :lol:

EDIT: It works! :(

Edited by geographer-pam
Hi! You helped my brother, Texastracker, with his avatar and it looks AWESOME!!! Can you help me with mine? I can't seem to get the words Arkansas Cache Crew and the Geocaching colors on my avatar. Any help you can give would be GREATLY appreciated! I use a Magellan Sport Track Map GPS and would also like to incorporate the fact that Arkansas is the Natural State in my avatar. We are a family of 4, Mother, Father, 2 daughters. I don't know if that helps with the creative process at all. We are also new to this, but enjoy it immensly! Thanks for any help you can give us!

For Rockymountainflea

By way of explanation.

Replace the word "Arkansas" with the map, and the avatar reads "Arkansas Cache Crew". The Apple blossoms are (of course) the state flower of Arkansas, so I made one with 4 blossoms to represent each member of your family. The green colour of the map of Arkansas is meant to represent it being the "natural" state.

I hope this works.

23ddf38e-9c47-4a76-9de8-6db264848c89.jpg

Hi everyone! :D

Wow.....you guys are all so creative! I just stumbled across this thread and really enjoyed looking at all the avatars that you guys have designed. It's very impressive!

I would love to be added to "the list" of requests whenever you get time.

Right now I have a little pug puppy for an avatar for no reason what so ever.....other than I already had it on my computer when I first joined this website. lol

We are a husband and wife caching team from Texas. Our name was also made up on the spot . It came from

The = the :D

Geo = Geocaching

Goe= Goe is the first 3 letters of our last name

s = because there are two of us! lol

So, since I don't have any concrete ideas for an avatar/logo I would be greatful for a really slick design that I could use both as avatar and for personal signature items. I'd love it to have some type of a Texas theme to go with the caching theme. Maybe the State of Texas ? Maybe a Double G for GeoGoes? I originally thought about an armadillo......but then i thought that they have probably already been used a lot!? I guess something totally original would probably be the best.

Anyway, I know i've not been much help here. :P But I sure appreciate any ideas that you all might have.

Thanking you in advance for all of your time and help! :D

Jenny/TheGeoGoes

I'd like one if you have the time. I'm female, and like skiing. I have a Gecko and I'm married to BrianSnat. My current avatar is a photo of my letterboxing stamp.- Skigirl43

I was browsing through some clipart, and seeing this image remided me of your request. This is found clipart, not custom, but perhaps you'll like the gfx.

b6aa6007-4a7b-4f71-b04c-8b56cc0f0a0a.jpg

I've got an idea for the avatar I'd like if you want to tackle it...

I'd like to see a crow or a blue jay (a jay might be cooler) as a Scottish rough...think Groundskeeper Willie. I think a walking stick would make a good prop. Maybe a brick, tavern, or industrial background. Thanks in advance!

Groundskeeper Bluejay .....

e48f6bb5-f770-4c35-8554-47473c24cdd5.jpg

Do you need help with a current Avatar?

Can I get on the list? My username is wornout, my avatar is anthing but wornout, in fact, he is the opposite. What I was thinking is to change the map he is holding to a GPSr (like in Garmin 60cs) and make the dude 'worn out'? Tired because of caching? bent over? crawling with his GPS type worn out? What ever you come up with....thanks

Edited by wornout

Man In The Wild

QUOTE=Man In The Wild,Jul 16 2004, 06:18 PM]The problem with my avitar is that I'm not the only one caching here. Our whole family caches and we just log with my account. I'd love to have an avitar for the family. What we'd really like to have is a B&W picture we could use to make a cache/letterbox stamp for our family (avitar would be color.)

We use a Garmin Legend, and occasionally our old yellow etrex. For now we usually have our Handspring Visor Neo with us for cache sheets. I don't think we need these in the picture.

My wife: Queenfish. She likes fish and Queenfish just sounded right.

Our daughters: Comet Horse--she wanted a horse and she liked the name when I mentioned the horse from Supergirl comics.

Miss Cheetah--she decided a Cheetah was her animal, and it's worked well for her. I often call her Cheetah now even when we're not caching.

We'd love to see something with all of these combined. It sounds very crowded to me, but I always pictured my bear walking near a creek with the "Queenfish" and the horse and cheetah on either side. Everyone looking friendly (but not too cute.)

a9a5ef74-12aa-42ed-b7f8-df0e78394348.jpg

a1010a4a-500f-43a0-a912-f0c1084261f9.jpg

24abda84-bddd-496c-8e30-97013dd591ac.jpg

i CAN GIVE YOU THE INDIVIDUALS , hOPE YOU LIKE THEM

I, too, have been struggling with the smiley thing, Dino Hunters.  OTOH, the globe is an immediately recognizable thing and we sort of lose that in the bottom one.  Would the interchange arrow  going through the earth (eek! :-) instead of under it get lost in the hashes of our lat/lon markers?

OK - the arrow through the lon/lat lines does not work. Way to busy.

Instead I tried to make some changes to the arrow to make it look less like a smiley. Changing the arrow heads, and making the line thicker, and well as dashed seems to have worked IMHO.

What do you think ?

bbce0c85-a4c3-46e2-b63c-6f57a16be8ab.jpg

Edited by Dino Hunters
OK - the arrow through the lon/lat lines does not work. Way to busy.

Instead I tried to make some changes to the arrow to make it look less like a smiley. Changing the arrow heads, and making the line thicker, and well as dashed seems to have worked IMHO.

What do you think ?

bbce0c85-a4c3-46e2-b63c-6f57a16be8ab.jpg

As a Babel user I've been watching this from the sidelines. One small point - your meridians of longitude aren't converging. :huh:

So, since I don't have any concrete ideas for an avatar/logo I would be greatful for a really slick design that I could use both as avatar and for personal signature items.    I'd love it to have some type of a Texas theme to go with the caching theme.    Maybe the State of Texas ?  Maybe a Double G for GeoGoes?    I originally thought about an armadillo......but then i thought that they have probably already been used a lot!?  I guess something totally original would probably be the best.

Thanking you in advance for all of your time and help!  :huh:

Jenny/TheGeoGoes

The GeoGoes

It's a little plain, but it's a start

logog.jpg

So here's my request.  Simple and clean.  I'd like a fist clenching a lightning bolt,

Like this ???

77b27f5c-7d10-4521-95f7-3d7fd538bc02.jpg

Sweet! Exactly what I was thinking. Thank you! Do you have it available as a vector file (Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, etc.)? That would make it easier for me to resize if needed.

I'm going to be on the road for a while, and will be relying on hotel internet access, so I may not be able to respond promptly to your replies.

Thanks again!

Wow...Have I ever fallen off the map....I had to take a break from the fourms for a while. Thank you Dino and others for stepping in. I have not taken on a project for a while now........I hope to get back going in a while. I have had issues with my photoshop and lost my copy of Flash when I changed computers.

Will be back soon...Thank you again for thoes who kept my thread alive. ;)

How about getting me one. I don't have any real ideas. I'm defiantly a Chevy Truck guy and I like to off road. Maybe something with the chevy Bowtie or a truck. I don't know what I really want. Just something. You all are doing really amazing jobs with the ones you have allready created. Can you help me out? You can se I've tried to make my own but I'm not happy with it.

Edited by Team FUBAR

I'll confess that I'm artistically impaired and have floated a request for a logo/icon for GPSBabel a few times but haven't really gotten anything that's aroused me.  ....

Quick photo-chop just for fun

babel%20gps.jpg

Nice pic. Would it be possible to use this one or one like it? I need a fish one. -TroutGuy78

Dino Hunters,

Very nice!  :huh: Would it be possible to include a background (like the ones I mentioned above) and a larger version for my profile page?  Thanks a million!!

Larger version with brick tavern....

If you have a specific photo in mind as a background - point me to the URL, and I'll make it background if you wish.

9d7d4b69-72e9-4864-8f4c-49d3c4d2291a.jpg

Edited by Dino Hunters

Can I get on the list? My username is wornout, my avatar is anthing but wornout, in fact, he is the opposite. What I was thinking is to change the map he is holding to a GPSr (like in Garmin 60cs) and make the dude 'worn out'? Tired because of caching? bent over? crawling with his GPS type worn out? What ever you come up with....thanks

Wornout

8f95c1b0-e8af-4312-b6a0-fa056bcce17d.jpg

c0df9527-b4a4-405e-96ed-8ae3eb5de6e7.jpg

81a22fd9-8c34-4acb-9a8e-63e2dc05f738.jpg

3ebfb01b-2b78-45d6-9dba-d2684fcc8bb2.jpg

hope you like them

Ok, we'd love an avatar for our newly created team, so I'm going to the wisdom of the mighty forum.

1. Make sure to post more than just asking for one.....what are your ideas....are you male....female....what type of GPS do you have.......what is the meaning of your name.....etc

Team Geo-Techsans is the name - comes from the fact that the 2 adults are both grads of Texas Tech

mom, dad, 10 year old brother, 6 year old sister

ideas would be the Tech double-t, the tech masked rider, or any suggestions from avatar creators

we like the tech colors (scarlet and black) as well as the geocaching.com colors

we use a simple etrex yellow gpsr

4. Please be patient.

But of course! Many thanks for creating this thread!!!

I would love a great avatar. The "Yucca Patrol" is an autonomous official agency which conducts all sorts of various explorations, investigations, rescue missions, wild goose chases, and backcountry stake-outs. I'm always above and beyond the law but staying within it at the same time. The Yucca Patrol is always authorized and official so I can travel freely as authorized/official personnel in my authorized/official vehicle.

I'd like an avatar that projects an official appearance. Some sort of official agency badge/crest/logo that is a blend of a wild west sherrif's star, a park ranger's badge, a power/water/gas utility company logo, etc. The sort of thing that if you saw it on the door of a white SUV you would think that this vehicle must be authorized, official, important, and must have a good reason to be parked here in the middle of nowhere even though you cannot figure out exactly what the Yucca Patrol is or what it is doing in these parts. At the same time, it needs to be just a little comical and with close inspection it should be obvious that this is a fun thing and not any attempt to impersonate any actual official agency whatsoever.

I actually want to create door-side logos/badges for my cache mobile as well as an image for an avatar. I think it would be really fun. . .

cancelled

Let's see if I get the new avatar today, had trouble changing last night? I logged out of CG.Com and Groundspeak and logged back in and still had the old one even after a change in my profile.

One more time.

WOW, third time was a charm.

Edited by wornout
I'm wanting something looking like a profile of Charlie Brown standing in his shorts and hiking boots. It would be neat if he had on a backpack and was holding a gps in his hand. The fun part was I was wanting him to be wearing a football helmet with LSU on the side of the helmet.

Can someone take pity on this creatively challenged cajun and help me out?

LSUFan

Well I did'nt get every thing in, but here's something that might work...

598b189b-b355-4f92-ab8b-6469a85e908a.jpg

Hi, could someone please make me a avatar

I was thinking about something along the lines of a catfish holding a etrex legend

looking at a bullfrog sitting on a cache eating a hotdog with mustard.

so what do ya'll think :D .

Well....

Here's a catfish jumping (I know I know) over a frog, who is holding an amo-box cache. I'ts an interpretation of the request at best.

29bb9599-c077-4f3c-b1be-072ba902eebd.jpg