Another Cacher's Had Your Tb For Months

dawglver (bj - bbb)

Well, in my opinion two months isn't a long time compared to many other held bugs. I see the cacher has recently logged into the site so I wouldn't give up hope yet. Just bide your time and it'll probably be released soon.

and if I may offer this advice, I wouldn't have contacted them until after at least 3 months. Some people just don't cache as often as the rest of us.

When did you send the two emails? If it's been less than a week you may still get a response yet. Sometimes life gets in the way of reading email.

Good Luck

Edited by Elf Danach
Another cacher logged our TB 2 months ago - and they haven't moved it along. Have tried to e-mail them twice - have gotten no response - any other ideas?One hates to give up on the little TB's! Thanks.

Mark it 'missing' and hope they eventually get back out into the world. Two of mine have disappeared. I just marked them 'missing' so I won't screw up their mileage and hope that one day they will make it back out into a cache.

I know it sucks to have them missing but it's just a risk you take when sending a bug out.

I would suggest that after a few more months, send your copy tag out as a replacement if you are sure your original has bitten the dust. <_<

I placed a travel bug TBC07E and it was out less a month before a cacher picked it up and said "will take escalade for a spin up in Newcomb and the High Peaks area as soon as possible." Well, that was on October 8, 2003. The individual, I personally refer to them in other terms, hasn't logged into the geocaching site since December 4th. They also haven't answered several attempts to contact by email. I finally sent the poor travel bug off to the grave yard. I hope that this cacher didn't end up in a similar place.

GeoZeus :D

I sent an email reminder, very friendly, to a cacher who picked up a TB of mine, and mentioned it in his log, but failed to "grab" it using the TB's page. no response yet...I made a point not to ask him to place the TB quickly, only to log that he has it in his posession, and drop it off when he is ready.

nfa

I'm not sure if there is any scientific corelation, but every time one of my bugs or a bug I'm watching goes missing, it's always from a cacher with very few finds, usually less than 10... :lol: to bad there is nothing we can do about it. (Exept perhaps do a TB that's mission is to STAY in premium caches.) hey , I think I just gave myself an idea.. :lol::lol::unsure:

I went back to a cache that had one of my TBs in it. It hadn't moved for months, so I went to get it and move it myself. When I got there the bug was gone, but there was a log entry that said who had taken it. I was going to e-mail the person, but they have not validated their account, or logged on ever. They have been a member since April 2001, and picked this bug up in May 2004, so I assume they are one of the many cachers that do not log their finds online. I'm hoping that he/she will place it in another cache at least.

McWeb

SUCCESS!! :) Perhaps someone contacted her or she saw it here. Adirondack Deb contacted me and found the TB in the bottom of her pack. She thought she had placed it. She is going to retrieve it from the TB graveyard and move it on. She said that she never received the emails I sent through geocaching.com!! I thought I would leave this reply telling of atleast one successful recovery of a missing TB.

GeoZeus :bad:

:( regarding keeping TB too long........... We happened to have one that we picked up and it camped out on our desk for a few months, we picked it up in January on one of those freaky warm winter days while we were traveling, when we got back home, it was colder then cold with tons of snow. The earliest we could move the TB was like in April. We did however log that we would place it ASAP

Cakefrog

Another cacher logged our TB 2 months ago - and they haven't moved it along. Have tried to e-mail them twice - have gotten no response - any other ideas?One hates to give up on the little TB's! Thanks.

Can anybody here beat FIVE months of havng their travel bug in captivity? Mine was, I won't mention name of the cacher. FIVE MONTHS??????????? :D

Can anybody here beat FIVE months of havng their travel bug in captivity? Mine was, I won't mention name of the cacher. FIVE MONTHS??????????? :D

Yep! I had one that was picked up on January 15 and, as of today, still has not moved. His mileage is at 0 because he was picked up at the first cache he was in and never moved after that. So in a few weeks, my poor TB will be gone SIX MONTHS! Poor ET...may he some day make it back out into the world!

I know the one I had out seemed to sit for an eternity between logs until it went missing. Be patient and glad that you at least know where it is as this one sounds like it will get going soon enough. I hesitate to grab bugs for fear of when I can get it going again.

Should anyone see my Cache Viking Bug let me know or if you have it please do the same.

I know the one I had out seemed to sit for an eternity between logs until it went missing. Be patient and glad that you at least know where it is as this one sounds like it will get going soon enough. I hesitate to grab bugs for fear of when I can get it going again.

Should anyone see my Cache Viking Bug let me know or if you have it please do the same.

Cache Viking TB has resurfaced and is making up for lost time it appears. Near six months at someones house :P:P The person who had him signed the log book and the cache owner while doing some recent maintenance noticed the log taking him. It also had their real names. I little internet phone book search for the names in the area of the cache and a Friendly letter to the bug-nappers and he is back in motion. :P Appears they had two TB and got them going again. :P

Cache Vikings friends have been busy also. Viking Escape