Geocyclist Needs An Avatar

Okay, I've been a member a while and just had a new born baby so I haven't had time to create a custom avatar. If I had the spare time I would have gone after more caches by now. After reading the forums daily I am feeling left out. Send me your ideas, especially if you can create avatars easily. I am Geocyclist, I ride both road and mountain bikes. (4 color Geocaching logo with some kind cycle icon on top?) I guess I will figure out some sort of prize if someone sends me an avatar I can use. :lol:

Hey Johnny Stalkers,

How about a modified version of set 1 , number 2 (logo inside a circle, with repeating logo's inside .. no bike rider) without repeating shrinking logos?

With a white backround outside, I could paste it over a line drawing of my recumbent bike and use it as front and back wheels.

What software do you use for editing?

Cool ideas.

Lee

hope this made some sense...

Hey Johnny Stalkers,

How about a modified version of set 1 , number 2 (logo inside a circle, with repeating logo's inside .. no bike rider) without repeating shrinking logos?

With a white backround outside, I could paste it over a line drawing of my recumbent bike and use it as front and back wheels.

What software do you use for editing?

Cool ideas.

Lee

hope this made some sense...

Is this what you meant?

Paint Shop Pro.

Edited by Johnnie Stalkers
Please don't make derivatives of the logo. Legal mumbo jumbo forces me to say this. Come up with something unique and original.

I ask this in the spirit of honest questioning. (since I was thinking of helping GeoCyclist)

Would anything using 4 shapes each coloured with one of the 4 Groundspeak colours be considered a derivative of the logo ? Something with none of the black part of the logo, but using the 4 other colours ?

From the logo usage page....

"All Groundspeak Geocaching logos are to be used "as they appear" and are not to be cut up or resized or altered without express written permission of Groundspeak.

All Groundspeak Geocaching Logos are copyrighted and may not be reproduced, even if modified or merged with other graphics. The user shall not alter or remove any copyright notice, digital watermarks or proprietary legend contained in/on any of the logos. "

From this I would answer my own question with a YES - even using the 4 colours would be considered a "chop", but I see lots of avatars using the 4 colours as part of an otherwise unique logo.

How does Groundspeak see this concept ?

bike2.jpg

Needs some color tweaks, but I think it is getting there..

Lee

I like it, but given Jeremy's request, maybe you could do the same with one of the public domain logos.

GeoCyclist, You could always just do something simple like I did for my avatar (had a picture taken of me racing, and put it on here) if you want it to look geocaching, I dont know, maybe put a cache sticker or something on the bike (ok thats stupid, but I was just rambling ideas). I hope you come up with something.

{humble tabpole enters the discussion} Not to impose, but would Amish, Johnnie, or anyone else consider a (noninfringing) avitiar for 2est8attys? Maybe the scales of justice and a hiker? I would love to make something myself, but we are photoshop challenged.

Edited by 2Est8Attys
{humble tabpole enters the discussion} Not to impose, but would Amish, Johnnie, or anyone else consider a (noninfringing) avitiar for 2est8attys? Maybe the scales of justice and a hiker? I would love to make something myself, but we are photoshop challenged.

your on my list

Another newbie question...

Maybe one of you old pros could start a thread or something helping all of us out on trying to configure an avatar? Like how do you do that?? <_< I was able to find a pic on the web, but I don't know how to manipulate it.

Edited by Stooper and B.

Well so far I would have to pick AmishHacker's first submission as #1. Nice job, this one screams avatar. I also like Chris S's submission which is simple yet clean and professional looking. Finally, Johnny Stalker I love the swirled logo, it is just plain cool. Nonetheless, I guess I had better play by the rules and use something that doesn't cut up the official logo. Anyone care to submit again. To all thanks so far. I am overly impressed with the suggestions made so far. <_<

3071f7f9-dc7f-4ffb-a39d-a34dfb439d51.jpg

how is this one