Duanes New Name? (uiyc)

Hey Duane, in the other thread did you notice, you have never had more support on the forum. Hey buddy, this would be the ideal time to make the change.

I admit, I have used the expression that you use for yer name on here and, to me, the way I use it I could replace it with 'In Yer Face'. It's not a case of the meaning being bad as I see it.

Anyhow, how about you make the change as a gesture of good faith?

I'm voting for Duane.

I have been UPINYACHIT for two years. I don't think my wife or kids want me to change it.

:lol:

I've been Team GPSaxophone for 2 years, but I'm comfortable with people calling me Sax Man or Smurf. Why not keep Upinyachit as your name, but stop using all references to the "chit" part?

I'm voting for Duane.

I have been UPINYACHIT for two years. I don't think my wife or kids want me to change it.

:lol:

I've been Team GPSaxophone for 2 years, but I'm comfortable with people calling me Sax Man or Smurf. Why not keep Upinyachit as your name, but stop using all references to the "chit" part?

Because it's not as fun, and would reduce post counts?

Felt it only fair to add the post by El Diablo from the other thread.

Duane, I'll give you a Free hiking staff if you change your name and stay out of trouble for 90 days! :lol:  You have 24 hours to think it over...then the offer is withdrawn. :lol:

We'll even have a contest if you want to see who comes up with the best name. You choose the winner and they also get a staff. Also you will have the only name ever given to a cacher by the caching community!

El Diablo

Duane, I'll give you a Free hiking staff if you change your name and stay out of trouble for 90 days! :lol:  You have 24 hours to think it over...then the offer is withdrawn. :lol:

We'll even have a contest if you want to see who comes up with the best name. You choose the winner and they also get a staff. Also you will have the only name ever given to a cacher by the caching community!

El Diablo

Thanks for the update.

Come on Duane, pick the name I suggested.

El Diablo

Thanks for the update.

Come on Duane, pick the name I suggested.

He got to change his name AND stay out of trouble?

We're hosed.

After getting a good nights rest, I woke up with mixed emotions about changing my user name. What about all the log books I signed as upinyachit out here in CO and in New York. Will geocaching members still recognize my new user name?

I probably will be forgotten and become the average every ordinary Joe. I also would bet that I wouldn't get all this attention either. ( Just kidding)

I never thought that Groundspeak would affect my emotions so much. For some of you, a name change would be easy, but I feel sad. Everyone I know and even my co-employees know me as Upinyachit. I know the offer still stands with

El Diablo, but I need more time to think about. I have about twelve hours left before the offer is closed. I am off to go finish building this house, so I will make a decision in about nine hours.

Would my 90% warning level be squashed? LOL

Duane

upinyabees

or just "upinya" but that is kinda gross.. so I guess not..

everyone calls him "duane" so that would be a good choice as well..

or something totally different like..

CandysMan

or

ChiDog

Edited by OurWoods