How Do You Get To A Cache

i've gone horseback a few times when the group and i went up north. that's always fun. i never knew there were caches up in HEBER, AZ...wow...

i've had to swim quite a few times. i love water caches. well, you know the people who get smart and tricky

they'll drive their boats up to the edge of a cave. get on their lil paddlers and paddle in, find a hole inside the deepest part of the cave and stick it in there.

tricky buggers! so i was dumb and swam for one of those!! i nearly drown once or twice but boy was it fun!!

pogo stick huh? that'd be interesting to see... ;)

swim. snowshoe. bike.

my friend uses a wheelchair and then buttscuttling. last weekend some guys in our party pushed her back up the hill, which i think counts as a whole other experience.

the really fun part is where we wait for people to pass by and leave her alone trying to wheel up a really steep hill and i go ahead a little way and shout "look, i don't care what your dadgum excuse is this time. i want you to HURRY!" and then i pause, walk a little way, and shout "if you're not in the car in ten minutes, i'm leaving without you."

I've borrowed a canoe.

I bought a four-wheel drive vehicle.

I've ridden a mountain bike where a bike had no business going.

I've borrowed my daughter's Razor scooter.

I've ridden a ferryboat to reach caches on islands.

I've hitched a ride on a hotel shuttlebus for caches on the Vegas strip.

I've ridden across town on a subway to grab a micro.

But when all else fails, and I find myself traveling on foot....

Rocket Power!

Last winter I really wanted to get cross country skis or snowshoes specifically to use to go find some caches out on trails in the snow. I still might do that next year. My fear though is that if I spend the money on them then it won't snow much!

Now is the time of year to buy snowshoes. You can get great "left over" discounts on them. If you buy them now it's not like they will go bad over the summer.

Showshoes sure makes it easy to go through 3+ feet of snow.

I learned VERY quickly that rollerblades and geocaching are not compatible. ;)

You could rollerblade to my one and only cache, Team PerkyPerks!

I'm just getting started, but wherever possible I'll be taking my bicycle and then, when I get it, my motorcycle. For now I'm riding my son's Honda Shadow, until I find just the right bike at the right price. Woo hoo!

I've borrowed a canoe.

I bought a four-wheel drive vehicle.

I've ridden a mountain bike where a bike had no business going.

I've borrowed my daughter's Razor scooter.

I've ridden a ferryboat to reach caches on islands.

I've hitched a ride on a hotel shuttlebus for caches on the Vegas strip.

I've ridden across town on a subway to grab a micro.

But when all else fails, and I find myself traveling on foot....

Rocket Power!

LOLOLOLOL!!!!

One question....Mountain Dew = Rocket fuel?

swim. snowshoe. bike.

my friend uses a wheelchair and then buttscuttling. last weekend some guys in our party pushed her back up the hill, which i think counts as a whole other experience.

the really fun part is where we wait for people to pass by and leave her alone trying to wheel up a really steep hill and i go ahead a little way and shout "look, i don't care what your dadgum excuse is this time. i want you to HURRY!" and then i pause, walk a little way, and shout "if you're not in the car in ten minutes, i'm leaving without you."

OH, you're eviiillll!! LOL

Mainly by foot or van. I've also gone by boat, just this past weekend.

Geocaching by Segway would be really fun!

You could rollerblade to my one and only cache, Team PerkyPerks!

I'm just getting started, but wherever possible I'll be taking my bicycle and then, when I get it, my motorcycle. For now I'm riding my son's Honda Shadow, until I find just the right bike at the right price. Woo hoo!

Great idea, though I hear it's a pain to get over those Rockies!! :lol:

In this thread over in the Nordic Forum I have this list of transportation:

Walking

Bicycle

CrossCoutry Skiing

Ski Lift/Downhill Skiing

Car (rental, borrowed, and passenger. I dont own one)

Taxi

Local Bus

Long Distance Bus

Tram

Subway

Train

Local Ferry

Swimming

and more in planning...

hbrx.

<-------------

It's not infallible, but it gets me to the treasure most of the time; there's only one local cache I won't try for because there's no way I could traverse the level 5 terrain.

There have been times, too, when my chair wouldn't get me quite close enough, so I've scooted the remaining distance on my arse. I'd love to see the look on someone's face when trying to identify the creature that left such "footprints". :lol:

Any time I take the bus, I ride my skateboard to and from the bus stop. It's about three times faster than walking. When I get to the cache area, I either carry it with me or stash it near the trail head and pick it up on the way out. I have had to lean it against a tree and stand on the trucks, (axles) to reach an elevated cache. B)

Well, some of you may think I'm nuts but...I do a lot of caches on one wheel. Thats right, unicycle, or Muni (mountain unicycling)...seriously.

It adds a serious challange to caching, and a serious workout. The hardest part is keeping an eye on the gps while riding, and not tosing it on the ground during wipe outs. You think you get looks with just a gps?....lol.

50mc