Locationless Caches?

GBOTS

A question about locationless finds. Ours seem to have disappeared from our cache total.

On our profile page they still show in our total caches found, but after we click on "show all cache finds" the locationless caches are not there and the total finds is down by that number.

No biggy, we've only done 6 of them. Just curious about the change ;)

Something is going on regarding locationless. Yesterday they suddently started appearing on a zip code search. Jeremy fixed that last night, but maybe this is a side effect of whatever changes he's making. Anyway, we have the same symptom you describe today.

Jon

Edited by jon & miki
Thanks Keystone for the link - so how are we supposed to celebrate milestones now? ie. if I have logged 2 locationlesses, should a pick a special cache for my #200 or #202?

Have a celebrationless celebration for those two, and a real one for #200. Change the “finds” to notes.

The totals logic doesn't make sense to me.

If you Seek a cache by Username, it lists the caches (without locationless now, but the top of the page says "All Geocaches"). The number on that page is identified as "Total Records". Isn't logging a locationless a "Record"???????? I think it is.

Now, if you look at the User Stats on a persons profile, this number includes locationless caches, which gc.com doesn't consider as caches, but the total number is identified as "Total Caches Found".?????????????

No wonder everyone is confused.

Edited by The Navigatorz