Less Drama By Chris (criminal)

Will someone pass the the fudging popcorn?

Ribbon-o-Fudge Popcorn Bars

2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

2 tablespoons shortening

3 tablespoons butter or margarine

4 cups miniature marshmallows

1 cup butterscotch chips

3 quarts popped corn

In a microwave or double boiler, melt chocolate chips and shortening. Chill for 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened.

Meanwhile, line a 9-inch square baking pan with foil; grease the foil and set pan aside.

In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in marshmallows and butterscotch chips until melted and smooth.

Place the popcorn in a large bowl; add marshmallow mixture and toss until coated. Firmly press half of the popcorn mixture into prepared pan. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over popcorn. Firmly press remaining popcorn mixture over chocolate. Chill for 30 minutes.

Lift out of pan, using foil edges. Remove foil; cut into bars.

Yields 2 dozen.

River-o-Fudge Forum Threads

2 cups (12 ounces) semisour sock puppets

2 tablespoons snide remarks

3 tablespoons but you didn't read the guidelines

4 cups mind your mods

1 cup but mods.....

3 quarts popped corn

This has got to be a classic post...Thanks Johnnie ;)

You should make a sig line outta it...

Edited by woof n lulu

He likes 'em almost as much as you like leaving suprizes for unsuspecting golfers ;);)

it ain't a hobby of mine. let's just say that i and all of my neighbors have it on our list of things we'd like to do.

remember that things you'd LIKE to do isn't the same as things you've done, a fine point which certain federal agencies would do well to remember.

i'd LIKE to drop a big box of duane in a lot of places, but i know the value of restraint. now if you'll excuse me, i have to duane myself before i hit the racecourse.

He likes 'em almost as much as you like leaving suprizes for unsuspecting golfers ;)  ;)

it ain't a hobby of mine. let's just say that i and all of my neighbors have it on our list of things we'd like to do.

remember that things you'd LIKE to do isn't the same as things you've done, a fine point which certain federal agencies would do well to remember.

i'd LIKE to drop a big box of duane in a lot of places, but i know the value of restraint. now if you'll excuse me, i have to duane myself before i hit the racecourse.

Is Duane now a verb? ;););)

fudge ( P ) Pronunciation Key (fj)

n.

1. A soft rich candy made of sugar, milk, butter, and flavoring.

2. Nonsense; humbug.

v. fudged, fudg·ing, fudg·es

v. tr.

1. To fake or falsify: fudge casualty figures.

2. To evade (an issue, for example); dodge.

v. intr.

1. To act in an indecisive manner: always fudged on the important questions.

2. a. To go beyond the proper limits of something: fudged on the building code requirements.

b. To act dishonestly; cheat.

Pick your favorite definition! ;)

This thread is MUCH more fun. My mom makes the absolute Best fudge....that D boy needs to relax. are you all sure he isn't playing that Troll RPG???? positive??? ;)

edited to say - OH, and everyone I know agrees that I make the Best fresh popcorn, with spices, etc.....wish I could post That! ;)

Edited by norbu
Should I change my name to "UpinyaFudgehole"? :lol:

Sure, and we can call you Fudgy for short :lol:

Hmmm, well....

Let's see, Hydee is engaged for future matrimonial team style caching which means she must be involved in some level of planning for that. I'm thinking her stress level is a bit high right now.

Changing my name to that would be like using a match to check for a gas leak. :lol:

Edited by Criminal

I find this thread offensive. Not for the fudge thing personally I found it amusing. But what I find offensive is the double standards. This is all in remarks to upinyachit and his handle, and everyone wants it changed for the offensive nature it implies. yet a thread that is intended to just mock it, and then is even supported and laughed at by a mod is dishearting. Where are the standards now? Where are the moms and dads crying they dont want to see their kids exposed to this? What kids aren't smart enough to fiigure out what is meant by a fudgehole but can tell what chit is?

I am offended, not by the name created just the double standard, joke or no joke its wrong to say he should change his name but then come in here and start joking about this.

I find this thread offensive. Not for the fudge thing personally I found it amusing. But what I find offensive is the double standards. This is all in remarks to upinyachit and his handle, and everyone wants it changed for the offensive nature it implies. yet a thread that is intended to just mock it, and then is even supported and laughed at by a mod is dishearting. Where are the standards now? Where are the moms and dads crying they dont want to see their kids exposed to this? What kids aren't smart enough to fiigure out what is meant by a fudgehole but can tell what chit is?

I am offended, not by the name created just the double standard, joke or no joke its wrong to say he should change his name but then come in here and start joking about this.

I have no problem with his name, I don't think the mods do either or he wouldn't be posting here.

I was refering to some of the people that posted to your comment, again I myself have no problem with it, words are just that words. I have heard thm all and used them all. But considering the hassle upin gets about his name and that he should change it, then to see the same people coming here and laughing just twists my mind of logic. After all this is a "family"<_< site and to laugh at fudgehole and be offended by chit is double-standard.