More Drama By Duane (upinyachit)

I have a question. Was Duane notified that his log had been edited? Or was he asked to change it and would not, so the mods did it for him?

NO!! I WAS NOT NOTIFIED FIRST CO Admin took it upon himself to edit my log on my own cache page. Does this upset me? Of course it does because I know I am being discriminated against. Anyway, I have an idea. Everyone in the forums knows I love to geocache. I know a lot about the sport and could be a positive influence if I was given the chance. I vote that TPTB give me 1/3 of Colorado to moderate. Here me out on this one. Instead of UPINYACHIT always having a conflict with GC or CO ADMIN. I could use my energy to moderate or approve caches from Pueblo to New Mexico. I could check on all the hidden caches and be a big asset to GEOCACHING.COM I would be the best approver/moderator ever. LOL Only because I have the knowledge and I could check on all pending caches waiting for approval. This could be the best thing ever that could happen to me (Duane). You guys could make me feel like a productive member towards the geocaching society. I would love my Volunteering Job. What do you guys think? Do I deserve a chance?

Duane ;)

Just out of curiousity... What would your approver/sock puppet name be?

I'm with Douglas Adams on this one.

Those who most want to be IN CONTROL are least likely to wield power effectively.

And after several talks with 9key, you'd hafta be outta yer fweakin mind to volunteer here..... ;)

I just had a great idea, how about we ban duane for life, lock this thread and all live happily ever after?

Actually wait, since he is such a great contributor to geocaching, lets just ban him from the forums for life, not the site in its entirety. ;)

The tongue is for much love. ;)

Now where is that babysitter when you need em!!

I just had a great idea, how about we ban duane for life, lock this thread and all live happily ever after?

Actually wait, since he is such a great contributor to geocaching, lets just ban him from the forums for life, not the site in its entirety. :lol:

The tongue is for much love. :lol:

:lol: Huh...sorry, I was on the couch trying to get to second base with my new inflatable girlfriend. Didn't I send the mods to bed??

Actually wait, since he is such a great contributor to geocaching, lets just ban him from the forums for life, not the site in its entirety. :lol:

:lol: Huh...sorry, I was on the couch trying to get to second base with my new inflatable girlfriend. Didn't I send the mods to bed??

Your what??? :lol:

Actually wait, since he is such a great contributor to geocaching, lets just ban him from the forums for life, not the site in its entirety. ;)

Hey...she don't talk back :lol:

Hi Duane! I am going to stay out of the whole editing argument. I just want to add my vote for you to change your name. It just causes too much angst. You know I hate angst! All that angst cannot be good for you either! Change your name, calm down, and be a happy cacher

I never found Duane's name to be offensive. Someone had to point out the "offensive" part to me and I still think its really a stretch. Duane would be better off if he changed his attitude, rather than his screen name.

He's kind of like the kid in high school who was always in trouble. Other kids would get away with a lot worse, but for some reason, there was always one kid who the teachers would focus on. Five of us would throw spitballs, but "Duane" was the one who was caught. Four of us would be smoking in the boys room, but the principal would catch "Duane". Graffitti in the stairwell? "Duane" would be the first person questioned.

At first you think "Duane" is just unlucky, but eventually you realize that wherever there is trouble, "Duane" is there. He's attracted to it. He wants it. He revels in it. And he gets a reputation. A well deserved reputation.

He reminds me of the character in the Coaster's song, Charlie Brown... "Who's always writing on the walls, who's always throwing spit balls...who calls the English teacher daddy-o", then he wonders "Why's everybody always pickin' on me?"

Edited by briansnat

Understanding why Duane's log was edited so quickly, why the TB wasn't edited until now, and understanding how Duane changing his handle in the name of just smoothing everything out makes more sense to me than arguing about the word "muggle".

yoo-hoo! arguing about the embarrassing use of "muggle" was an awful lot of fun. i do not take this thread very seriously, either.

come to thik of it, i have been to funerals i did not take very seriously.

...there was this one once where we wore really ugly ties and giggled all the way through...

Actually wait, since he is such a great contributor to geocaching, lets just ban him from the forums for life, not the site in its entirety. :P

Your what??? ;)

I think that this post would fall in to this category. :lol::lol: GEOCACHING.COM SITE

TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT

Last updated: April 5, 2004

(a) Upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, embarrassing, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable to any other person or entity

Hello everyone,

I do not conceder myself to be a newbie nor am I a veteran. However, I do visit the forums frequently.

I would like to add my two cents to this topic by saying that the user name "upinyachit" doesen't offend me personally, HOWEVER, others may take offence to it especially those with younger children. Kids aren't dummies and can figure out what the name is saying and the context it is used. As stated earlier,

chit is a proper word when used in PROPER CONTEXT. In this case it is not.

Communities across this nation set thier standard of living by what they determine to be offensive to them. What is lewd to some is not to others. The geocaching community needs to decide what best represents us as a whole. Take a poll to determine if user names as "upinyachit" and the like are in our best interest, and if so then the people have spoken. If the "nays" have it then either change or delete the account. Same goes for travel bugs pictured above. Without some set of standards, poeple tend to drop to the lowest common denominator.

Personally I feel this sport is better than most out there. Name another that allows parent-child / husband-wife participants, able to spend Quality time together. There are no players spitting on coaches among us.

Determine what is best for our sport and stick to it. The practice of self rule has worked in this country for over 225 years and it will also work for our sport as well.

Thank You, tjg

Actually wait, since he is such a great contributor to geocaching, lets just ban him from the forums for life, not the site in its entirety. :P

Your what??? ;)

I think that this post would fall in to this category. :lol::lol: GEOCACHING.COM SITE

TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT

(a) Upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, slanderous, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, embarrassing, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable to any other person or entity

The girlfriend part?

I think that this post would fall in to this category. :lol:;) GEOCACHING.COM SITE

TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT

:P You're right...this is embarrassing.

:lol:

I don't get it.................... :lol:

UPINYACHIT

If you really don't get it, may I offer a suggestion?

Read your warning meter every day.

Read the posts that are linked there that got you those warnings every day.

Read them before you make any post in the forums.

Maybe eventually you will get it.

The first thing you need to work on is your warning meter.

CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG! THIS IS A GAME FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!

I mean, all of this just over some dudes screen name?? Honestly, I see nothing wrong with the name, I see more of an issue with the guys attitude than anything...It seems to me like he is bringing a lot of this upon himself, but for whatever reason people seem to be missing that fact and focusing more on the name...

Brainsnat made an excellent point with his last post and I feel he hit the nail right on the head...

That reminds me of something...A lot of people say they are insulted by the name, upinyach** or whatever, saying it is offensive to kids...But, if I remember correctly there was some sort of musical or family movie way back when called "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" I think his name has nothing to do with going to the bathroom or human waste...I think he simply expressing his love for that movie!?!? :lol: :lol:

I mean, all of this just over some dudes screen name?? Honestly, I see nothing wrong with the name, I see more of an issue with the guys attitude than anything...It seems to me like he is bringing a lot of this upon himself, but for whatever reason people seem to be missing that fact and focusing more on the name...

Brainsnat made an excellent point with his last post and I feel he hit the nail right on the head...

That reminds me of something...A lot of people say they are insulted by the name, upinyach** or whatever, saying it is offensive to kids...But, if I remember correctly there was some sort of musical or family movie way back when called "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" I think his name has nothing to do with going to the bathroom or human waste...I think he simply expressing his love for that movie!?!? :lol: :lol:

Oh for crying out loud yourself. If you don't want to participate in the discussion there are plenty of other posts to read.

This is about the name as much as the attitude. At the campout this last weekend, he was Duane. The was no hostility, no attitude. We didn't see Upinyachit there, we only saw Duane. Duane is a nice guy with a nice family. Somehow, when he comes in here he hides behind the reputation Upinyachit has developed. That's why it's so hard for him to be Duane in the forums. If the name is changed, I think Duane will start posting a lot more and Upinyachit will post a lot less.

It sure is a game alright. :lol:

You are also right, its not necessarily about his name but his poor attitude that continues to generate threads such as this.

I guess some people just get off on negative energy.

If the name is changed, I think Duane will start posting a lot more and Upinyachit will post a lot less.

Just a friendly reminder, they're one in the same!!

Next time you get pulled over by the police try telling them that you're really Team GPSaxaphone. :lol::lol:

QUOTE (Stunod @ Jun 3 2004, 08:50 PM)

QUOTE (umc @ Jun 3 2004, 08:47 PM)

Actually wait, since he is such a great contributor to geocaching, lets just ban him from the forums for life, not the site in its entirety. 

The tongue is for much love. 

Huh...sorry, I was on the couch trying to get to second base with my new inflatable girlfriend. Didn't I send the mods to bed?? 

WHEW! I was getting deep into this c*** , i mean thread ,when i saw this and almost fell out of my chair. Thanks for snapping me out of it you two! :lol:

Seriously though, i do find it hard to believe that there are some of you that cant see what Duane is trying to imply with his name. He knows exactly what he wants it to imply and it does a great job of doing it.

Now, is it really so bad? Well, i wouldnt have it myself but ive certainly seen alot worse on AOL and in the real world.

Should he change it? Thats up to him, but he should know by now that it is going to cause some grief to come his way.

How about the TB in question? The TB is just plain ole cute but the last part of the name needs to go!

When it comes right down to it, i dont think Upinyachi*'s log shouldnt have been edited before he was contacted. Also, did CO Admin edit his log then not take notice of or do anything about the TB name at that time? That would tell me right there that something was amiss! :lol:

Just for your information, I have no shame in my warn meter even though it is at 90 % and I am walking on egg shells around here. Just for fun, I have no problem doing a simple copy and past so all members can see it. The things I got warned for could be an example of what not to do. Does anybody want to see it?

UPINYACHIT

Duane :lol:

Just for your information, I have no shame in my warn meter even though it is at 90 % and I am walking on egg shells around here. Just for fun, I have no problem doing a simple copy and past so all members can see it. The things I got warned for could be an example of what not to do. Does anybody want to see it?

UPINYACHIT

"An example of things not to do"

Good one, thats just what I need, a guide. :lol:

Next time you get pulled over by the police try telling them that you're really Team GPSaxaphone

I swear if I ever pull over GPSaxaphone I'll cut you break :lol: But only once and you'll still get a warning ticket, not a hard copy citation :lol:

Edited by jeff35080

I think that this post would fall in to this category. :lol:;) GEOCACHING.COM SITE

TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT

:P You're right...this is embarrassing.

Yes umc the girlfriend part!

Stunod did you read the Terms of use agreement?

I think that your post was obscene, vulgar ,and objectionable. Maybe you should be embarrassed. I would not want my kid to read your post. Remember that this is (was) a family friendly site.

:P Huh...sorry, I was on the couch trying to get to second base with my new inflatable girlfriend. Didn't I send the mods to bed??

TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT

:lol: You're right...this is embarrassing.

Yes umc the girlfriend part!

Stunod did you read the Terms of use agreement?

I think that your post was obscene, vulgar ,and objectionable. Maybe you should be embarrassed. I would not want my kid to read your post. Remember that this is (was) a family friendly site.

;)

UPINYACHIT

i do, i do!

oh, wait... that's trident gum.

sorry. does anybody but me remember that campaign?

If the name is changed, I think Duane will start posting a lot more and Upinyachit will post a lot less.

Just a friendly reminder, they're one in the same!!

Next time you get pulled over by the police try telling them that you're really Team GPSaxaphone. :lol::lol:

I think you missed my point. The Duane we saw at the campground didn't talk or act like the Duane in the forums.

UPINYACHIT

PM me a copy. I'd love to see it.

I think you missed my point. The Duane we saw at the campground didn't talk or act like the Duane in the forums.

I really don't want to be the bad guy in the forums . I just like to keep things interesting. My passion for Goecaching goes a lot more than most people.

So I say again, geocaching.com, (Jeremy ) should give me some type of volunteer job I can do. I want to benefit the sport of geocaching, not degrade it.

I might even change my user name to whatever TPTB think it should be.

UPINYACHIT

I really don't want to be the bad guy in the forums . I just like to keep things interesting. My passion for Goecaching goes a lot more than most people.

So I say again, geocaching.com, (Jeremy ) should give me some type of volunteer job I can do. I want to benefit the sport of geocaching, not degrade it.

UPINYACHIT

I have the perfect volunteer job for ya but I'll have to run it by J first.

Volunteer to stay out of the forums. :lol:

I really don't want to be the bad guy in the forums . I just like to keep things interesting. My passion for Geocaching goes a lot more than most people.

How about volunteering to stop trying to degrade geocaching?

UPINYACHIT

Frankly, none of that is on topic nor is it a discussion for the forums. If you have a desire to help the site then you need to write to the contact address directly. This post is simply trolling and trying to steer the discussion off topic.

Please drop this request in this topic.

Any further request should be directed to the contact address.

How about volunteering to stop trying to degrade coaching?

Mopar........

Why do you always seem to be the first person to see the glass half emptyl. Do you know what I mean? Everybody in these forums knows you are the first person to jump down a members back if they say the wrong thing. How about taking a chill pill and realize that everyone's opinion is going to be different. You need to go find a happy spot and take a time out to consider other people's feelings. It just so happens that you aren't always right. Go figure............ :lol: If a member was to do a little research they would find out that you always DOG new members. It's time for you to change, too.

UPINYACHIT

i know this is off topic, but i live in mid michigan and there is a beautiful full moon just rising. why doesn't everyone with clear skys go out when the moon rises in their timezone and just look at it. it's beautiful. if you can, go do a night cache. enjoy the moon tonight.

i know this is off topic, but i live in mid michigan and there is a beautiful full moon just rising. why doesn't everyone with clear skys go out when the moon rises in their timezone and just look at it. it's beautiful. if you can, go do a night cache. enjoy the moon tonight.

If this topic doesn't interest you, then go do something else

I don't see anything wrong with the screen name or word. Lighten up people! If your so worried about your children seeing the word "ch**", why not put it in the blocking software you obviously (or should) have installed to keep the kiddy's from surfing porn sites. It's easy and solves all of the children issues with this word!

Personally, I don't give a flying rats derriere if he keeps or changes his name. It matters not to me. HEY!!! Wait a minute...I've got his new screen name..."Team I don't give a flying rats derriere"!! Must get to the new thread before someone beats me to it! :lol:

i know this is off topic, but i live in mid michigan and there is a beautiful full moon just rising.  why doesn't everyone with clear skys go out when the moon rises in their timezone and just look at it.  it's beautiful.  if you can, go do a night cache.  enjoy the moon tonight.

I think their point is that nothing is going to be solved in this thread...It just continues to go around and around...Arguing over the internet is pretty much useless and acomplishes nothing...

You also pointed out that Duane acted like a normal everyday nice guy in person...But, it's kind of funny you should say that...I would be willing to bet that about 95% of people who talk trash on the net do not have the back bone to back it up or say it in person...I'm guessing that is the case here... :lol:

i know this is off topic, but i live in mid michigan and there is a beautiful full moon just rising.  why doesn't everyone with clear skys go out when the moon rises in their timezone and just look at it.  it's beautiful.  if you can, go do a night cache.  enjoy the moon tonight.

I think their point is that nothing is going to be solved in this thread...It just continues to go around and around...Arguing over the internet is pretty much useless and acomplishes nothing...

You also pointed out that Duane acted like a normal everyday nice guy in person...But, it's kind of funny you should say that...I would be willing to bet that about 95% of people who talk trash on the net do not have the back bone to back it up or say it in person...I'm guessing that is the case here... :lol:

I always new I was in the top 5% but the top 5% of what I was unsure. :lol:

I don't see anything wrong with the screen name or word. Lighten up people! If your so worried about your children seeing the word "ch**", why not put it in the blocking software you obviously  (or should) have installed to keep the kiddy's from surfing porn sites. It's easy and solves all of the children issues with this word!

Personally, I don't give a flying rats derriere if he keeps or changes his name. It matters not to me. HEY!!! Wait a minute...I've got his new screen name..."Team I don't give a flying rats derriere"!! Must get to the new thread before someone beats me to it!  :lol:

I shouldn't have to worry about what they will see on a family friendly site.

Edited by BAF
I don't see anything wrong with the screen name or word. Lighten up people! If your so worried about your children seeing the word "ch**", why not put it in the blocking software you obviously  (or should) have installed to keep the kiddy's from surfing porn sites. It's easy and solves all of the children issues with this word!

Personally, I don't give a flying rats derriere if he keeps or changes his name. It matters not to me. HEY!!! Wait a minute...I've got his new screen name..."Team I don't give a flying rats derriere"!! Must get to the new thread before someone beats me to it!  :lol:

So use your blocking software that you have installed! :lol:

Like a proper parent. :lol:

Edited by Spzzmoose

OK, this thread has arrived at the stage where something needs to be done. Probably closing it would be best but first, Duane, if there is even a breath of seriousness in you as regards caring about geocashing and the people who do it, if you even dreamed about being an authority figure on this site, now is the time to take action. As a gesture, to SHOW you care, announce your name change and close the thread.

On the other hand, if you are enjoying this.....

I am on another board that uses the same software as this one. There is a profanity filter available that will change objectionable words to something else.

On that one, a member complained that the word poop substituted for the offending word (which we all know) sounded stupid.

Someone suggested using the poster's handle for the substituted word.The moderator did that, it's hilarious and the poster doesn't mind.

If it was done here we would could have the terms bullDuane, dog Duane, etc :lol::lol:

The Urban Dictionary defines "up in your ****" as:

An officious intrusion (commonly verbal)

"Why don't you do this that way."

-"Dude, you're all up in my ****"

So I find it very curious that upinyachits goal in the forums seems to be to invite these officious intrusions, and then denounce them.

If I had a beard, and wasn't so prettynwitty, I'd be stroking it right now, like Sigmund Freud, murmuring: "verrrry interrresting... a new, self-referential species of troll..." :lol:

Well--here's the deal: someone with a long rap sheet can't be surprised when the cops are always "up in his ****", right? It's not a double standard to keep an eye on him, it's just smart moderating.

Duane may change his moniker, but his attention-needing issues aren't going to magically disappear--it's the authorities' responsibility to rein him in, and maintain this place safe for kids and fuddie-duddies alike :lol: Our potty-mouths belong elsewhere.

So use your blocking software that you have installed! :lol:

Like a proper parent. :lol:

This is suppose to be a family friendly site? Whether or not I have blocking software did you read the terms of use agreement? I think that words like that are covered in it as being inappropriate.

GEOCACHING.COM SITE

TERMS OF USE AGREEMENT

Welcome to www.geocaching.com, the Global Headquarters for the Sport of Geocaching. This Web site includes access to geocaching related information, the Groundspeak Forums and such other services and sites as may be made available form time to time by Groundspeak Inc. (the “Site”) These Terms of Use form a legal agreement between the accountholder (“You”) and Groundspeak, Inc. (“Groundspeak”).

4. Use of Publishing Tools and Forums

The Groundspeak Forums, accessible through the “Discuss Geocaching” link in the Site’s navigation bar as well as through other links, are governed by this Agreement and are also subject to such additional terms and conditions as Groundspeak may, from time to time, post in the Groundspeak Forums area.

You and not Groundspeak, are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post or otherwise transmit via the Site. You agree not to:

PS blocking software doesn't get every and stop thing ,so a proper parent would try to stop People form using offensive language in a family friendly site :lol: .

Edited by BAF
a proper parent would try to stop People form using offensive language in a family friendly site

I agree with about half of that.

Unfortunately, what I find offensive is censorship.

Where we cross is where we each feel that our moral beliefs are more important than the other's moral beliefs.

Where you may believe that it's important that you child never hears the word ****, I believe that it's important my child has the freedom of speech to say **** when **** is the appropriate word to use.

If TPTB want to remove **** from the forum, that's their choice. It's their forum. But when I feel that censorship is being put in place because TPTB are tired of being harassed by well meaning misguided people, then I will do my best to remind people that what's happening is censorship. When I feel that it's not being applied in an equal manner, I'll do my best to bring that perception to attention as well.

a proper parent would try to stop People form using offensive language in a family friendly site

I agree with about half of that.

Unfortunately, what I find offensive is censorship.

Where we cross is where we each feel that our moral beliefs are more important than the other's moral beliefs.

Where you may believe that it's important that you child never hears the word ****, I believe that it's important my child has the freedom of speech to say **** when **** is the appropriate word to use.

If TPTB want to remove **** from the forum, that's their choice. It's their forum. But when I feel that censorship is being put in place because TPTB are tired of being harassed by well meaning misguided people, then I will do my best to remind people that what's happening is censorship. When I feel that it's not being applied in an equal manner, I'll do my best to bring that perception to attention as well.

I am no fan of censorship either. I like the approach the Ham radio people have about the no offensive language used rule.

"You don't use it because you never really know who is listening." Could be a kid with his dad or granddad, and your language just messed up their fun. Same with this site. A lot of kids go geocaching and have their own login id's. Never really know who is reading.

Keep it clean and we don't need censors.