Getting Started

Wrong Way Ron

I need help can anybody explain the process using Easygps, 60cs and Tungsten E palm. What Im trying to do is down load GPX format into my palm. I have no clue what Im doing. How do all of these tools work in conjunction with each other meaning everything I down load into my palm will also download into my GPS? Or is this process done seperatly? Can anybody explain this is there fool proof instructions on how to do what Im trying to achieve. Thanks for the support. :D

I'm about as big a fool as you can find, so maybe I can help. <s>

What EasyGPS does is help manage waypoints. You need to configure EasyGPS to work with your GPS receiver by going to File/Preferences and choosing the correct model. You also need to choose the correct serial port. That is the connection your PC uses when you connect the 60cs to the PC with the USB cable.

Next, you download the cache waypoints you want to find from the geocaching web site to your PC and save them in some file name that you will specify. Connect your GPS receiver to your PC with the USB data cable that comes with the 60cs, use EasyGPS to open the file you just saved, and highlight the waypoints you want to download to the 60cs. Now click on the GPS menu on EasyGPS and select Send Waypoints to GPS. They will download. Alternatively, to download all of the waypoints, click on the Send button on EasyGPS.

To download a file to your Palm, go here. These are the Groundspeak directions. First you have to choose and download an appropriate application to your Palm, then you download the GPX file to your PC, and then you transfer the file to the Palm when you sync it with the PC.

Hope that helps.