Ghagafap Iii Is Coming!

TrimblesTrek

Cache-tech says it's in his approval queue. Apparently they don't approve event caches more than 90 days in advance. I guess this means it won't get approved until June 18. (From that, you can do the higher math and figure out that GHAGAFAP III will be September 18)

I'll post here when it's approved.

Cache-tech says it's in his approval queue. Apparently they don't approve event caches more than 90 days in advance. I guess this means it won't get approved until June 18. (From that, you can do the higher math and figure out that GHAGAFAP III will be September 18)

Odd as I have been looking at the calendar and there are cache events up to October 2 on there now. :back:

Anyway, I'm glad to know the date. Hope to be there.

Thanks TT

It was originally called GAGAFAP that stood for:

Guelph Area Geocachers And Friends Annual Picnic

The first one was in 2002 and here's the link

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=36348

The second in 2003 has a link at

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=76860

At some point last year, there were suggestions to name it to GHAGAFAP and it had something to do with the Golden Horseshoe if I am not mistaken!

Held in Guelph, Ontario (or thereabouts).

Mike

Edited by Taxman003
Cache-tech says it's in his approval queue.  Apparently they don't approve event caches more than 90 days in advance.  I guess this means it won't get approved until June 18.  (From that, you can do the higher math and figure out that GHAGAFAP III will be September 18)

Odd as I have been looking at the calendar and there are cache events up to October 2 on there now. :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad to know the date. Hope to be there.

Thanks TT

The general guideline is 90 days, I also mentioned that I have been very busy and there have been many caches submitted within the last 2 weeks. I opted to hold the event and continue reviewing the many traditional, multi and puzzle caches in the queue. It is that time of year when people are getting out, myself included and my day job has been keeping me busier then usual. The event should be listed soon, I just want to get caught up on the queue, since there are 31 days in July and August, by my count it should be listed by the 20th :lol:

Happy Geocaching!

Edited by cache-tech

Valens Conservation Area has some very nice campsites.

There are also group camp areas there. Is there anybody interested in either some adjacent reserved camp sites or if there is enough interest a group camp site?

Edited by ASAP