Ammo Cans

I had been looking on ebay and in every larger town I went to for ammo cans.

I was not having any luck.

I live in a very small town and have never seen any ammo cans in the stores around here.

Tonight I was looking for a something else I could use for a cache and guess what I found in our local farm supply store, ammo cans!

I could not belive it. The had 6 there and I got two of them tonight.

I will be going back to get a couple more this weekend. I should have just gotten them all tonight, but I did not want to look like :D:D

Anyway I'm heading out to place my first cache tonight.

I have been looking for a spot for a couple weeks. I have a spot picked out and a cache loaded and ready to go. :D

Geocaching is just to much fun.

Edited by Milbank
Don't forget to paint over the military markings, esp. if you plan to hide it where non geocachers may find it.

Guess what?

Yep, I placed the cache and did not even think of painting over the military markings.

I will go back ASAP and do that.

Thanks for bring that up.

I am fortunate to have a large army navy surplus store on my drive to work. $3.99 for ammocans, $.99 for decon boxes.

The store has the pleasant smell of 50 year old canvas and leather. Racks upon racks of ammocans and every other size and shape of military cans, cases, and containers. Plenty of good geoswag can be found there also.

Don't forget to paint over the military markings, esp. if you plan to hide it where non geocachers may find it.

Guess what?

Yep, I placed the cache and did not even think of painting over the military markings.

I will go back ASAP and do that.

Thanks for bring that up.

That's strange. My current source for ammo cans at the low-low-low price of $0 gets them straight from a military res down south and the military markings are already covered with a flat black aerosol-based paint.