Premium Ads

Will+Bill

Dear America Online,

I am already a paying subscriber to AOL. Amazingly, I am also able to write a letter with punctuation and capitalization and paragraphs and all that.

I am writing to ask you to STOP sending me free AOL disks. The containers make for leaky caches and I already have enough emergency signal mirrors.

While you are at it, please re-do all your television ads so that they don't appear on the channels I watch. Mainly I watch the History Channel and the Discovery Channel and A&E. Even though I am an AOL user. It is OK if you want to run AOL ads on the broadcast networks. I don't watch those much.

Thanks in advance for your kind attention to these requests.

Sincerely yours,

The Leprechaun

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Now you two straighten up, or I'll PM Hydee

Thanks,

Stunod

(Wannabee Mod)

Does anyone think that it will be a GOOD idea?

It is probably not something that can be implemented easily if it can be done at all. I would rather Jeremy focus on getting things done on the site to improve functionality. I would say that he could work on that after locationless caches return. Since that is a ways off still I would not worry about if for some time.

it could probably be done pretty easily, but it is still time consuming and it is only a minor inconvenience, UI type of thing, not functionality related. A picnic problem as our IT guy says. Problem In Chair, Not In Code (or Computer) hehehee. just kidding, I love that one though. Just my professional opinion too, that functionality comes first as does workflow related UI and usability (they are in at least a 3-way tie, OK?)

More of all 3 for locationless caches will make many of us say "YIPPEE!"

Personally, I just tune it out (that content), so yeah, it is wasted space on the page, so when they have time (and help) it would be a cool creative thing to see that space on the page be dynamic and based on user level (yearly, monthly, non-member, etc), and maybe even other factors (preferences based on user trends? locale related info? etc)

:D

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Now you two straighten up, or I'll PM Hydee

Thanks,

Stunod

(Wannabee Mod)

You asked for it, your official title is now "forum mod babysitter". If the Mods get into trouble I will hold you responsible. ;)

Good luck! you'll need it.