California Geocoins

Delta-S

It is interesting the different styles of coins that are out there.

I noticed some people mentioned getting coin holders, which won't be included with these. If anyone wants the coin holders, they are sold on base at the Uniform shop for about a buck. If you want the holders but don't have access to the base, I am sure there are others that can get them for you. :huh:

Maybe the manufacturer can send the bag, coin, & sticker "unassembled" for those that would rather use the holders. :huh::lol:

Edited by HelBob Duo
head to this link to get your order form:

Geocoin Order PDF

if you are ordering just a few and have a better way to ship to you....drop me an email and we can talk.

390 all ordered and monies sent in....still seeing a few emails about orders

Still need 110 more to make the order possible.

as soon as i get your order form, i have been sending an email to confirm the arrival.

if you have sent an order but have not received an email, I Haven't gotten it! send me another email.

head to this link to get your order form:

Geocoin Order PDF

if you are ordering just a few and have a better way to ship to you....drop me an email and we can talk.

422 all ordered and monies sent in....still seeing a few emails about orders

Still need 78 more to make the order possible.

as soon as i get your order form, i have been sending an email to confirm the arrival.

if you have sent an order but have not received an email, I Haven't gotten it! send me another email.

heres the update

Well...I have great news....we have met our goal of 500 coins to be ordered and then a few more.

if no one minds...i'll see if i can push up the date for orders...perhaps friday of this week.

for those who have yet to hear from me regarding your order

or

if you are planning on sending an order

Send an email to me at cageocoin@earthlink.net right away indicating how many and the check is coming soon or you are using Paypal.

Yes! I would like to Thank Steve for all the work he did and time he out into getting another batch of these made up! i missed the first time around and was extremely happy to be able to get in on the second batch.

im glad everything worked out and ive already started placing some of my 20. :(

Chris

Thanks, I got my coins and my dear daughter has already claimed one as her own. I would be into getting say 10 more and would love to see a new design and get some of those too. Thanks for your time and effort getting these out. I would love to see the new proposals! Natural landmarks would look great. What is on the CA quarter coming out soon? Anyone know? I think I heard it was a pic of John Muir and Yosemite but that may be my own idea! :(

Thanks again and again!

(formerly Kazmir) now TeamGatosLocos

I would be interested in purchasing say, 20, of these last 125 geocoins.

If you still plan on doing this, please post and I will get some dinero to you.

Thanks for making this happen.

Garland

About the last of the california geocoins of this design...yes i said LAST! there are 125 more to be minted. Because i wasn't thinking ahead......i didn't order these coins yet.....soo......

• the coins will cost 2.25
  • Plus shipping of about .40 per coin
  • To bring the total to 2.60 per coin
  • ad about 2.25 to ship about 10 coins

Anyone still interested? the last number will be 2000.

After that there will be no more minted...until a new design is chosen

Edited by The Dillon Gang

just a quick note.. i have several coinds i keep for my personal collection. and wanted cases for them to be kept nice in. i went to a local coin shop and picked up some "air-tite" holders, 38MM

these cases fit perfectly with no extra space on 3 of the 4 coinds i put in them...

joy of geocaching coin, california coin, and usa geocoin, the greenman coin from geocachetreasure.com however did not fit its just a bit bigger.

but these cases are really nice and will protect the coins well, they were $1.49 at the place i bought them (broadway coin & stamp in el cajon)

now i wouldnt suggest putting your coins you distribute in these necesarily, because I think they will end up in someones collection sooner, but to keep for your own collection they are really nice cases.

once again the 38MM AIR-TITE cases fit the CA geocoin perfect!

just put in the last order with Pressed Metal. there will be 228 more minted and available for purchase soon. i will be updating the price of the coin on the order form soon.

should be around 2.60 per coin plus shipping. will look at different shipping methods or email me to arrange a particular one.

the last number to be minted ever will be 2004...the year they were minted! kinda neat!!

Howdy all!

Giving you a chance to pick up the last 95 coins to be made. bob and i are not planning on ordering these again....

price on the coins is 2.60 per coin

shipping is

1 to 15 Geocoins ordered - $4.15

16 to 30 Geocoins ordered - $6.00

31 to 45 Geocoins ordered - $8.80

or email me to arrange a different method/price

send an email with your intentions and info to

cageocoin@earthlink.net

Edited by The Dillon Gang

Okay All! Bob and the 3 Bears has been pushing and nagging me to start the next version of the California Geocoin 2005. I'm looking for some ideas.

• ca symbols?
  • famous landmarks?
  • things that represent the north, central, and southern california
  • theme - mountains, desert, beach

the plan is to do both sides with new graphics. (yes somewhere on there will be the geocaching.com logo)

want to try and not look like the new california state quarter.

start posting some ideas!!!!

I'm biased, but I'd put Yosemite on the next coin somewhere. The view from Inspiration Point is pretty recognizable for most people. Or Half Dome from Sentinal Bridge.

There's my two cents and you can put it in the bank.

Thanks for getting the ball rolling DG :unsure: You and Bobkatz did an outstanding job on the last minting.

...tracking? Marky?

It would be kinda cool to put calif.geocoin.net on one side. Probably the side with the tracking number. This assumes that they will be trackable, of course. I always thought that it was "coin"fusing to have the geocaching.com site on the coin, but have it tracked elsewhere.

--Marky

My two cents this time around....

Let's look into either KV Coins or D&R Designs for the minting this time. I've got a number of coins now and the Pressed Metal ones are starting to look a bit less-attractive given the things that the other companies do.

Things like the outer rings, ridges, and depth give the other coins a much nicer look than the flat PM ones.

Definitely do the double sided this time. I don't see a need for the GC.com logo on the reverse, and only adds to the confusion about the tracking. Putting Marky's URL around one of the edges would also be a "must" in my book.

Another kind of neat feature I saw with the Idaho Coin is personalized etching with cachers usernames on the coin. Adds a bit more to the cost, but it could be a feature for those that want to pay for it.