California Geocoins

Delta-S

I like the fancy edges! We'd probably order a few. As long as the price is under $5, a little this way or that doesn't affect the decision, at least not for me.

I'm ordering 100, so the difference in price for me personally is $60. That's my basic incentive for not wanting the fancy edges.

--Marky

Okay folks. its time for the poll on what type of edge. Here's how to vote:

send an email to cageocoin@earthlink.net

state in your subject line:

• fancy edge and the type of edge (rope or close cut)
  • no fancy edge

i will tally the votes on tuesday night May 3, 2005

o get your fingers tapping the keys to send in those votes. the coins will $4.00 or under either way.

I like the fancy edges!  We'd probably order a few.  As long as the price is under $5, a little this way or that doesn't affect the decision, at least not for me.

I'm ordering 100, so the difference in price for me personally is $60. That's my basic incentive for not wanting the fancy edges.

--Marky

There you go, Marky's vote should count as 10. Seiously, I know there isn't really a fair way to do it, but it will affect people ordering large amounts more then people getting 1 or 2 coins.

my thoughts on the edge are:

it takes it to a level other coins are not. and at 3.35 to 3.50 per coin (depending on the amount ordered) it is still cheaper than washington or even colorado. i recall in the early posts people were saying "around 4-5 bucks is okay for a superior coin" Still have that opinion?

my plan on shipping is using

first class mail for the 0-8 coin buyers (1.50)

9-25 coins priority mail (3.85),

then for larger orders probably priority mail also but i will be shipping in a box instead of an envelope (25 coins in the envelope is quite heavy)

all of the coins will be individually packaged in a plastic bag with infor about tracking site and what it is. (takes a while to stuff 1500 coins)

so an order for 25 with shipping would still be only 3.65 per coin.....that's a heck of a deal for what we are getting i think.

Looking real good. I agree with Lil Devil, it would be cool to have the state gold. The 2005 could fit below the Hollywood or it could be squeezed in between the Eureka and the serial number.

Also, the serial numbers are going to start at CA50001 or CA50000, right?

--Marky

Very nice work.

Can somebody with photoshop skills maybe take out the Redwoods and put the Hwy 1 sign where those trees are now? (I know how long it takes KV to iterate designs)

It might open things up a bit - just a thought.

2005 - yes

Gold on state - yes.

Oh, and "2005" should be on there somewhere. We had "2004" on last year's coin and we should continue the trend.

2004 was not on last year's coin anywhere. 2005 will be indicated in the coin tracking number. Ex. CA50001 = calif geocoin 05 number 0001. the woodend nickels will be numbered WN50001 also to indicate an 05 minting.

thoughts on the images

make the bridge smaller

bring the redwoods onto the state.

color the state gold - little less defined texture.

no fancy edge

recess the words on the circle back and front with color(trust me it looks cool)

might go to a silver finish - skip the fancy edge (sorry folks there was a tie and my staff at work voted to break it)

untitled.jpg

check out the work on this coin. sorry my scanner doesn't do it justice. the dark area under the wording is actually shiny silver. going to have kvcoins try this style out. it really looks impressive and expensive when finished. (however its only about 10 cent per coin (less 60 cents for the edge) will bring in the coin at 3:30-3:50 per coin.

I've noticed that everyone is posting their interest in the metal coins but that the Dillon Gang never seemed to have actually asked for any such thing, not yet anyway. Interest in the wooden coins (only) was requested.

Is there any need to be posting the quantity of metal coins I am interested in purchasing at this point? If not, I'd really prefer to wait for the final design and pricing.

untitled.jpg

check out the work on this coin. sorry my scanner doesn't do it justice. the dark area under the wording is actually shiny silver. going to have kvcoins try this style out. it really looks impressive and expensive when finished. (however its only about 10 cent per coin (less 60 cents for the edge) will bring in the coin at 3:30-3:50 per coin.

All the mention of the 1849 gold rush rush and you want to do this coin in silver? I am sure it will be a beautiful coin, just thought it was ironic? :unsure:

That aside I will take 20 wooden. I will be purchasing the metal coins through Nursedaves group.

Damenace

I AM IN FOR AT LEAST 10-15 COINS AND $5.00 - $10.00 WORTH OF NICKLES.

I WOULD ORDER MORE BUT I AM GETTING READY TO MOVE THIS JUNE. I WANT SOME CALIFORNIA COINS TO TAKE WITH ME TO MY NEW HOME. DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH THE FINAL COINS ARE I MAY ORDER MORE.

I WILL NOT HAVE ALOT OF TIME TO CHECK THE POSTS WHILE I MOVE SO IF SOMEKIND CACHER COULD KEEP ME POSTED VIA E-MAIL WHEN THE COINS ARE READY TO ORDER I WOULD APPRICIATE IT. HCVAGASKY@AOL.COM :o