California Geocoins

Delta-S

Just thought I would add my own two cents about version number 2 of the California Geocoin.

- I like all the things that will be added and the colors. Though I see that the Giant Redwoods have not made it to the final design. I think they are important. It not the Redwoods, then maybe some mountain images of the Sierra's?

- I think it is important to put tracking numbers on the Geocoin, but it is not worth paying the extra $ to get them tracked on Geocaching.com. Like others have said, many of the geocoins are just kept. Marky's tracking site it is just fine. And I do like the idea of putting the California Geocoin web site address on the Geocoin.

- As for the priceing, I think pepole will be willing to pay a little more of a fancier coin. If the price is $4 or $5 tops, you should have little problem selling 1500 of these.

you can send an email to cageocoin@earthlink.net to indicate your interest in purchasing coins.

when final draft is completed i will post the pics.

i will make sure the coins are $5 or below.

when all the price info is in and the order form is created. you will be able to send it to me (hopefully using adobe to the email address) with your monies.

coins will not be able to be minted until the minimum order amount is reached (payment in my hands)

i will set up a paypal option (1% of money transfers added on)

delivery options will be on the order form and we will be looking for distributors in central and northern cal (saves on shipping)

Alright folks, it looks like I'll be placing the order for California geo-wooden nickels (trackable) soon, and I'd like to get an idea of who exactly is interested in these. They'll most likely be less than a doller apeice (probably half that, but it's too early to say exactly).

Go ahead and post away.

Alright folks, it looks like I'll be placing the order for California geo-wooden nickels (trackable) soon, and I'd like to get an idea of who exactly is interested in these. They'll most likely be less than a doller apeice (probably half that, but it's too early to say exactly).

We'll definitely be interested in getting some. At 50 cents, we'd probably order 100 or so.

They're just going to track on the calif geocoin site, right?

--Marky

On a side note, I see that some people have added themselves to the watchlist of some of the calif geocoins. Has anyone had any problems with the watchlist? I'm also open to suggestions on improvements for the watchlist (and the site in general).

--Marky

We'll definitely be interested in getting some. At 50 cents, we'd probably order 100 or so.

Yes, we'll be using your site to track the coins for sure. :lol: Maybe I should order more than 1000! :lol: Depends on how many pre-orders I get either here or via email.

We'll definitely be interested in getting some.  At 50 cents, we'd probably order 100 or so.

Yes, we'll be using your site to track the coins for sure. :lol: Maybe I should order more than 1000! :lol: Depends on how many pre-orders I get either here or via email.

If you can get them down to the 50 cent range, I would bet that people would be wanting to order at least 20 each since that's only 10 bucks (plus how ever much shipping is). Maybe I should be putting up some of this info on the calif geocoin site so that there is some more exposure other than this forum thread.

--Marky

Steve, I like that design for the wooden nickel. How about the back? We'd need a small space for the laser-etched numbering on the wood.

These nickels will be more of an "affordable" option to those who can't afford a bunch of the metallic coins. The metallics will be nice of course, much nicer in fact, but at $5 a coin, I'll probably only grab 3. With the the trackable wooden nickels, I could afford 20 or more.

This'll be a big order, as I imagine these will move quickly.

Go ahead and post away.

I'd be interested in 100 Wooden and 10-15 of the metal.

Thank-you

Since we don't have final prices I can't say exactly how many I want but it'll probably be about $50 worth of wooden and $50 worth of metal.

Same here. Until the final prices come out, I don't know the exact numbers but plan to spend about $50 on each.

--Marky

Lets get ready to....wait just a little more time. Today i signed on the dotted line to have KV Coins make our ca geocoin. they are going to fine tune the graphics design and send an image for us to check out.

Look to the California Geocoin Site for more up to date info ( as soon as i can get it to Marky)

Pricing:

• if we order 1000 coins with a fancy edge it will be 3.50 per coin.
  • if we order 1000 coins without the fancy edge it will be about 2.90 per coin

click the link below to check out the edge (close cut diamond edge)

edge options

i think these will really dress up the coin and we will still remain under $4.00

all that is left is how to get them to you. i will be investigating shipping options with us mail.

Is there anyone willing to be a distribution center in northern ca? central ca? LA?

as soon as we have the final image it will be time to send in your money. we will have about 4-6 weeks to get it all in. (if more money comes in than for 1000 coins, i will add 500 more coins to the order and send money back if necessary for a cheaper price ~.10 per coin)