Buzzing Noise

I have no idea why I put it up to my ear in the first place but.....I have noticed that when I put my Sporttrack up to my ear like a cell phone it makes a buzzing noise. It doesn't make this noise when the light is off. You really have to listen to hear it. I was wondering if any other units make a buzz noise when the light is on? Does your sporttrack make a noise?

Help!!!!

Live as you would die tomorrow...learn as if you would live forever,

araz2114

I have no idea why I put it up to my ear in the first place but.....I have noticed that when I put my Sporttrack up to my ear like a cell phone it makes a buzzing noise. It doesn't make this noise when the light is off. You really have to listen to hear it. I was wondering if any other units make a buzz noise when the light is on? Does your sporttrack make a noise?

Help!!!!

Live as you would die tomorrow...learn as if you would live forever,

araz2114

Yep. The Magellan Map330 does it. I guess it's just a reminder that you have the backlight on.

These types of back lights tend to generate a lot of energy or electromagnetic energy. Try activating the back light and put it right near a radio that is on (preferably tuned to an AM station) and check out the inteference it generates.

You wouldn't think it, but it does generate quite a bit of energy.

These types of back lights tend to generate a lot of energy or electromagnetic energy. Try activating the back light and put it right near a radio that is on (preferably tuned to an AM station) and check out the inteference it generates.

You wouldn't think it, but it does generate quite a bit of energy.

And they're only meant to be a receiver huh...

Now , on your next flight , ask to see the captain , making sure to take the GPSr with you into the cockpit , and watch the auto-p......nah , only gaggin'

Just because something is a 'receiver only' doesn't mean it can't generate interference. For example, I remember flying back from Arizona during the 1990 Superbowl and one passanger had a small tv turned on and was trying to watch the game. He was told to turn it off due to it interfering with instrumentation in the cockpit. And a tv is just a receiver, right?

Just because something is a 'receiver only' doesn't mean it can't generate interference. For example, I remember flying back from Arizona during the 1990 Superbowl and one passanger had a small tv turned on and was trying to watch the game. He was told to turn it off due to it interfering with instrumentation in the cockpit. And a tv is just a receiver, right?

Lighten up Francis , i was making a joke , not having a go