Something New To Do With Your Gps

I saw this link on another web site. Look at the gallery. I think some of these people should be out looking for caches. :rolleyes:

http://www.gpsdrawing.com/info.htm

Actually, some of the drawings are pretty cool. I don't think I would have the patience to do something like this though.

No, I have nothing to do with the site at all. I just thought it was neat. :lol:

Edited by Imajika

There is a cache here in Raleigh, Milo's Garden, that made use of this technique.

You had to walk a course defined on the cache page that ended up drawing numbers to use in the final coordinates to the cache.

It was fun to see the number appear on my screen as it drew my track.

It also forced me to walk into areas that I may have missed if I had just been making a beeline for the cache.

I think Criminal has a multi that he doesn't give the waypoints to each stage but gives a map of his track log which I guess is a picture of the track and the finders have to recreat the track log in order to find each stage.

I don't have the link handy and correct me if I'm wrong Criminal.

Here is My contribution to gpsdrawing.com: Detroit Drawing

detroit200307_d.gif

detroit200307.gif

This Running with GPS covers an area of Detroit Michigan of 2 miles by 1.5 miles. This was started Aug 2001, but mostly traced out by GPS V from May 2003 to Aug 2003. In a few days, it will be 2 miles by 4 miles of Detroit done.

EDIT: Started Aug 2001 not 2003

Edited by GOT GPS?

Okay, admittedly it isn't anything close to the same scale as the others here, but you have to start somewhere, right?

m.jpg

I have at various times toyed with the idea of using a GPSr's "bread crumb trail" as an element of a cache puzzle, and came pretty close to doing it too, but have not as yet placed such a cache. Maybe later...