Clayjar's Alaskaquest 2004

Well, the AlaskaQuest 2004 preview weekend starts this afternoon. We'll be testing the parts of the tracking page, as well as stopping by the GGA meeting [GCJE39] to give them a chance to see the event cache (and to give me a chance to fetch a yeller Jeep). (If you happen to see the cache driving around, call the number on the labels or use FRS channel 2.)

ClayJar, will you be stopping in Kansas?

If you or someone would like to add a rest stop (or other right-off-the-interstate waypoint -- some caches and such have filtered in), I would be delighted to add it to the waypoints. I can't be sure when the event will go through Kansas, as I don't know how long the Canadian+Alaskan part of the event will be, but by the time the event crosses back in Montana I should have a good idea.

You can submit a waypoint and the other information (as listed on the cache page) to add a waypoint to the event, and if you'd like to know the timing as soon as possible, I can call from Montana or similar to give a better idea ahead of time.

You would have to head south of Grand Prairie on (40) which would take you to Hinton. (I have not driven this road, so cannot speak about it)

Just so you have all the information Hwy 40 south from Grande Prairie to Grande Cache is a good two lane hwy with paved shoulders ( I believe you Yanks call them breakdown lanes B) ). Grande Cache (yes there is a geocache near Grande Cache) south to Hinton is paved but with out shoulders.

Lots of caches around Hinton where I live.

Edited by PDOP's

Time is ticking away...

I have all but finished outfitting the microRV. The inverter is now directly connected to the electrical system (so I can run a laptop to copy new maps to my MeriGold), and most everything else worked well in the dry run to Atlanta this past weekend. All I need now is to pre-generate all the 64MB blocks of MapSend DirectRoute detail I'll want and then burn them all on a CD (so I just need to copy them to the SD card).

If you have any waypoints you want to add, it would be good to get them in ASAP so they are in the primary contact/waypoint log. (Of course, you can always submit last second waypoints or try to catch the event the old fashioned way, but hey.)

I have had problems finding contacts for this cache. I live in Napa, but am going fishing up north at Hat Creek the end of this week. I am hoping to catch the event cache at the Berry Patch on I-5 Saturday evening in Orland Calif. I have emailed both Clayjar and The Badge and the Butterfly, asking for a contact number I can call about Clayjar's progress, but haven't received any replies.

I will be at the public library in Redding on Saturday. Hopefully they have internet access. Would someone please email me an update? I don't want to miss this cache.

Yep, that is indeed it. Just please don't start typing the information from the picture and placing it on the Net -- I don't want to test the patience of the national do-not-call list. :)

If you're one of the people on the stops, I suppose you now have the AQ2004 number, but unless you're a Canadian stop, please don't try to call me in the Land of Great Roaming. I probably won't have signal when you try to call, and if I do, I'll be grumpy because it's *quite* expensive. (No rollover minutes for the Canadian leg, and it's not in the Cingular Nation, either.) Other than that, and the fact that I'll have to try to remember to silence my phone when I sleep (i.e. when the tracking map shows "resting"), it's not like you can't find my number on the Net anyway. (Of course, it's not a good idea to talk on the phone while driving, so don't call unless you have some reason to interrupt the trip.)

Anyway, less than 24 hours to go until AQ2004 officially drives off toward the setting sun. (And no real need to edit the picture; it might help somebody who was lazy and didn't get all the details in on time. ;))

Doh! bonks herself on forhead! Clayjar has posted his phone# on the outside of the cache, in the pic. Nevermind.

If you want to email a number or numbers, I'll add your name to my "call these cachers" list. Basically, just look at the registration section of the cache page, and just do that telling me which stop to add you to (and the other stuff -- when to or not to call, how much notice to give, etc... it's all there).

And of course, you have my number and the tracking page. ;)

No need. Someone (else) might find the number useful, and it's a pic, not machine-readable, so it's fine. (Hey, it's helped one cacher so far, eh?)

Well, time to leave the house to go to the meeting from which I'll hit the road. As of now, it's too late to send registrations via email to me. :unsure: