Containers

Little's Cache

It appears that ammo boxes seem to be the choice for many caches. Does anyone have a good source? My local surplus stores seem to be pretty proud of their stuff.

Also, I had seen some military (green) tubes at one time. they were like a 4" x 12" tubes with locking types ends. Any ideas where I might find?

Thanks from a new guy on the block

Doug

Rubbermaid type containers are also very good PROVIDED you avoid the kind with a handle that goes through the lid. Also check to make sure they seal good and are the type that can be resealed easily. (ie by kids, etc. icon_wink.gif ) I've also seen sporting good type dryboxes used, and they seem to work well too.

Still, ammo boxes have the advantage of being cheap and yet hard for an animal to chew into should someone unenlightened icon_rolleyes.gif put a food type item in your cache.

Rubbermaid type containers are also very good PROVIDED you avoid the kind with a handle that goes through the lid. Also check to make sure they seal good and are the type that can be resealed easily. (ie by kids, etc. icon_wink.gif ) I've also seen sporting good type dryboxes used, and they seem to work well too.

Still, ammo boxes have the advantage of being cheap and yet hard for an animal to chew into should someone unenlightened icon_rolleyes.gif put a food type item in your cache.

This link wil open the container page for this surplus dealer. I purchased the plastic ammo can, the steel safe, and some trioxane (?) bars from them. No complaints.

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

If your house catches afire, and there aint no water around,

Throw your jelly out the window; let the dog-gone shack burn down.

**Huddie Ledbetter**

This seems a good time to rant/warn. The rubbermaid type container with the blue lid and a yellow handle that is secured through holes in the lid will leak and let in water when it rains. icon_frown.gif to make matters worse, the rest of the container seals so well as to insure the water remains inside and keeps the contents soaked. I'd warn anyone reading this to avoid that type of container!

This seems a good time to rant/warn. The rubbermaid type container with the blue lid and a yellow handle that is secured through holes in the lid will leak and let in water when it rains. icon_frown.gif to make matters worse, the rest of the container seals so well as to insure the water remains inside and keeps the contents soaked. I'd warn anyone reading this to avoid that type of container!