Is This Good Swag

5¢

Hello all, found some new stuff at the store and wanted your thoughts. ( I also get a reason to post my first after reading a million.) Today I found these little FM radios with headset and some small first aid kits. I see a lot of people say a first aid kit is a good idea but do people actually want them. Should I leave the radio and First aid kit with a note on the kit to leave it with the cache. Personally I feel all caches should have one in there. Just today I found myself with 5 First aid kits in my pocket for a multi deep in a preserve saying man this would suck if something cut me out here or if i had a little kid who needed a band aid.

Lately I have been leaving just my card and taking nothing. Last night I read a lot on Groundspeak and decided I needed to help enrich caches that are full of crap. Just wanted your thoughts on the radios, first aid kits, and of course I will leave my card

KRN187

first post

"Just abuse me and get it overwith" my humble quote

When I consider what swag to carry in my pack, I just look for things that I myself like. I'm always on the lookout for good swag. Both the radio and first aid kit are safe bets and I'd leave them both. You should already have a personal first aid kit in your pack for your use. Leave one for someone that doesn't have one.

I really like the idea of leaving first aid kits in caches with notes to leave them there.

There's been lots of times when I was stuck in the woods in need of a bandaid and was too stupid to get one out of my bag...... :D

But seriously, I think leaving the first aid kits are a great idea, and I'd probably like one.

So go ahead and put em out there...

Hello all, found some new stuff at the store and wanted your thoughts. ( I also get a reason to post my first after reading a million.) Today I found these little FM radios with headset and some small first aid kits. I see a lot of people say a first aid kit is a good idea but do people actually want them. Should I leave the radio and First aid kit with a note on the kit to leave it with the cache. Personally I feel all caches should have one in there. Just today I found myself with 5 First aid kits in my pocket for a multi deep in a preserve saying man this would suck if something cut me out here or if i had a little kid who needed a band aid.

Lately I have been leaving just my card and taking nothing. Last night I read a lot on Groundspeak and decided I needed to help enrich caches that are full of crap. Just wanted your thoughts on the radios, first aid kits, and of course I will leave my card

KRN187

first post

"Just abuse me and get it overwith" my humble quote

it sounds like good stuff to me. i put a radio in one of my caches and it was one of the first things to go. i took a first aid kit once because i didn't have one. ya done good! :D

Ill add to this informal survey I started and ask this besides a million dollars and a bunch of other stupid stuff I can come up with what do you the person reading this want to find. Go ahead somebody say I really want a barbie doll arm. But seriously I am curious. I am going to leave the First aid kits with the notes to leave them. They have like 5 bandaids and some alcohol pads. I have I think 9 radios with 2 AAA batteries all bundled up in a baggie. I will place those where I can but I just want to know what you all think.

Ill add to this informal survey I started and ask this besides a million dollars and a bunch of other stupid stuff I can come up with what do you the person reading this want to find. Go ahead somebody say I really want a barbie doll arm. But seriously I am curious. I am going to leave the First aid kits with the notes to leave them. They have like 5 bandaids and some alcohol pads. I have I think 9 radios with 2 AAA batteries all bundled up in a baggie. I will place those where I can but I just want to know what you all think.

look above your last post and you will get a good idea of what we think. :D

Just looking for other ideas. Calling cards and mccrap gets boring. I would like to find camping type stuff but others may not. would just like to have a variety but don't know what the general population thinks. Part of the time i am a city boy and part of the time i am a country boy. Work in a rural area grew up between chicago il and gary in. I now live in rural illinois. so confusing to go from an hour to a corn field to an hour from a city. Just want to know what everyone would like to find in a cache.

We don't take things from caches too much anymore. Here in MI, we tend to swap team cards and signature trade items........ Ours is a laser pen light...... and since our team name is Northern-Lights...it kinda fits. Many of the teams have their own signature trade item they leave in each cache along with a team card. If we find one we haven't seen before, we snag it and of course leave ours.

I liked your idea of first aid kits in caches....hadn't thought of that. May now go out and add them to the ones I have out. Great thinking. :D

I have been leaving some first aid kits in my area. I think it is a great idea. I found a compact kit with a great assortment of band aids, alcohol wipes, gauze, etc. made by Johnson & Johnson at Wal-Mart for only $1. If you could find a cool container you could probably make a better first aid kit for not much more and leave it as a sig item.

I've been looking for Mini FM radios...

Feel free to cache in my area!

We found a bunch of those FM radios at BIG LOTS for a dollar each. Dropped them where we found a cahe that we really like. Basically, they went in every cache we came to that would hold them so, now theyre gone :lol: Looking for more, since we know they're a good item.

As far as what I like to see, I like patches from various places like state parks or even the ones from Groundspeak are good trade items tho' they are pricey for a trade item. Cool decals or window stickers are good for kids and some adults.

:rolleyes:

First aid kits and mini-radios sound first-rate to me.

Personally, I leave AA batteries, which are perfect for someone who finds their GPS juice is almost gone by the time they find the cache.

I leave keychains on occasion, and am working on having special geocacher keychains made up, so come to my neck of the woods if you want to find one of them!

Unless someone knows where to buy them. I haven't seen them anywhere on the site yet.

I've been looking for Mini FM radios...

Feel free to cache in my area!

I bought a whole crap load of those mini FM radios on Ebay. I think I got 50 of 'em for like $50 bucks. I still have a bunch. Nobody who has found them has complained, I think it's a great trade item. I really like the first aid kit too. Might have to search ebay for those as well.

Once while doing a multi-cache in a swampy area of Memphis TN (Home of the dry rub rib and 4 foot water moccasin) I came across the first ammo can and it had a large can of skeeter spray in it with a note to leave it for other cachers. At this one point in time. with insects the size of swallows attacking me, I can not think of a better or more appropriate item to be stored in a cache.