Toughest, Most Brutal Cache Ever?

Well, I have done at least two of the caches nominated in this thread, which were

Blood & Guts in Virginia

and

Quantum Leap

and I can testify that both were very quirky, very tough, very worthwhile and very rewarding.

And, well, if you want to get really grossed out and face your worst nightmares, then you may with to check out our newest Psycho Urban Cache, which is Psycho Urban Cache #9 - Hot Glowing Tribulations -- over 54 cachers have watchlisted this cache in the period of fewer than two months since it was published.

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

The geocache website is down, thus I cannot provide a link. However, in North Carolina (Zip 27513) their is a cache called Holy Wastewater. I will not attempt it. The logs say it all. It has made multiple people sick, and put at least one in the hospital. This is truelly nuts. If you attempt it, take your Personall Protective Equipment. You are going to need it.

Well, I have done at least two of the caches nominated in this thread, which were

Blood & Guts in Virginia

and

Quantum Leap

and I can testify that both were very quirky, very tough, very worthwhile and very rewarding.

And, well, if you want to get really grossed out and face your worst nightmares, then you may with to check out our newest Psycho Urban Cache, which is Psycho Urban Cache #9 - Hot Glowing Tribulations -- over 54 cachers have watchlisted this cache in the period of fewer than two months since it was published.

WOW :lol: In my real life, I deal with hazwaste issues, this one would take some large hickorys... buckle/suit up :D;)

Blood & Guts in Virginia

and

Quantum Leap

WOW :P In my real life, I deal with hazwaste issues, this one would take some large hickorys... buckle/suit up :P<_<

Oh. I am currently in the process of placing a stage of a Terrain 5 multicache -- one of our upcoming Psycho Urban caches -- in the middle of an abandoned EPA-listed Superfund toxic waste dump located on the abandoned outskirts of a major city. The road on which the cache is located is named "Chemical Road", and one block away another stage will be located on "Quarantine Road". I am sure you can figure out how it got its name. . .

Your pyscho urban caches got me thinking of some classic sites within the midwest. I see/understand how permission was granted at the likes of "Hot Glowing", with it's ownership being basicaly delinquent. I would think liability issues to any past RP/PRP or delinquent owner, would find them (caches) very disturbed at such placements. Much less your own liability exposure......you have numerous listings of cautions, disclaimers and warnings that should exsponge yourself of much liability, but at the same time you are recommending PPE..... and nothing, I repeat nothing is defensiable when you get <_< lawyers :P chewing on it.

Of course maybe I should do the cache :P , and then state my opinion.... B)

Your pyscho urban caches got me thinking of some classic sites within the midwest. I see/understand how permission was granted at the likes of "Hot Glowing", with it's ownership being basicaly delinquent. I would think liability issues to any past RP/PRP or delinquent owner, would find them (caches) very disturbed at such placements. Much less your own liability exposure......you have numerous listings of cautions, disclaimers and warnings that should exsponge yourself of much liability, but at the same time you are recommending PPE..... and nothing, I repeat nothing is defensiable when you get <_< lawyers :P chewing on it.

Of course maybe I should do the cache :P , and then state my opinion.... B)

Strider, thanks for your thoughts. Of course, the reality is that the risks and potential liabilities associated with a cache hunter pursuing stage 3 of PUC #9 are really no greater than those concomitant to the placement of many currently-existing extreme high-terrain-rating caches in locations such as:

• distant backcountry sites (long dangerous hikes, venemous snakes, grizzly bears, steep canyons, ravines, etc.)
  • caves (where spelunking gear and skills are needed)
  • on vertical cliff faces (where rock climbing gear and skills are needed)
  • on the steelwork under roadway bridges (where climbing gear and skills are needed)
  • on the structure under abandoned railroad bridges over 100 foot river gorges (again, climbing gear and skills...)
  • underwater SCUBA caches (where SCUBA gear and skills are needed)
  • advanced deepwater SCUBA caches, at depths below 80 feet (where Advanced SCUBA certification and special gear may be needed)
  • sewage ponds and storm drains, many of which drain EPA-rated toxic waste sites
  • ocean trench and hydrothermal vent caches on the sea bottom at depths below one mile, where specialized mini-submarines and support ships are needed
  • so-called "paddling caches", located in an along rough rivers, accessible only by kayak in rough rapids

and gee, such cache placements are quite commonplace around the world.

In any case, I have no net value and no assets, so I would make a very poor target for a lawsuit! By the way, some of our potential upcoming Psycho Urban caches include placements in the following settings:

• in the middle of an EPA-listed Superfund toxic dump site on the abandoned outskirts of a major city, along a road appropriately named "Quarantine Road". Another stage is located at a toxic waste dump located on the appropriately-named "Chemical Road", one block from Quarantine Road.
  • on an abandoned sunken tugboat in the middle of a polluted (i.e., sewage and industrial effluent) harbor where water visibility/clarity is less than 2.5 feet.
  • in the 4.5 miles of 55 foot wide by 20 foot deep dark underground manmade tunnels carrying a major river deep beneath the streets of major city; the river is classified by state and federal regulatory authorities as a sewer due to the fact that it receives over 1,000 gallons per minute of raw sewage from broken sewer pipes. The bill for the research and preparation work (including gear, safety equipment and tools, etc.) for this multistage cache placement has already passed the $700 mark (not counting driving and gasoline costs) and the legal and safety issues are extremely intricate. It took months to find a volunteer even from among the ranks of extreme whitewater kayaking enthusiasts to find a partner willing to risk traveling into the underground tunnels with me by kayak.

Lastly, if we really want to discuss potential liability issues, you may wish to read my log entries for multistage/riddle Quantum Leap cache in Texas, where one stage (a signage or marker label, bearing coordinates for the next stage) which I sought was affixed to a radioactive cannister lying among a batch of over 30 radioactive steel and glass cylinders inside the main fuselage of a crashed plane in an eerie backcountry wilderness canyon in a west Texas desert; worse, I was required to retrieve the radioactive canister and backpack it out with me for shipping via special courier the next day (to the mysterious cache owner) after I had wrapped it in lead sheeting purchased at a junkyard and packed it in a shipping box. I had a small (Russian-made) portable radiation monitor (I think there is a picture of the device on our Psycho Urban Cache #9 listing page) with me, and I was able to ascertain that I was in no real danger from exposure to the levels of ionizing radiation present. Other seekers of Quantum Leap have reported far worse challenges than mine!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

:ph34r: point taken....me and you and our combined pennies aren't really worth any litigation, but do you find obtaining access permission for placement a difficulty. For example - you put a cache in your river/sewer cache or bridge truss, i assume they are owned/operated by a municapailty, so if they grant you permission, there is the "legal avenue" of pursuit by lawyers for cachers not willing to accept the responsibility of a 5/5. Thus the learyness/refusal of the property owner to allow access......they have more pennies!!!! Unless they are tax delinquent/non-exsistent/abandoned.

Not trying to be AR, but maybe I am too much of a newbie to understand the gist of placing cool caches such as your collection :ph34r: