Pyoung1s Hit 300 On 28.05.04

Many thanks everyone! Special thanks to Highland Nick for the outstanding event that brought me up to Aviemore in the first place.

Met some great people over to the two days (Friday/Saturday) particularly Ben Macdui who took me to new new heights and added a new dimension to speed caching! Three caches (1 regular, 1 virtual, 1 webcam) and a trigpoint, max height 1309 metres (4295 feet), distance 17 km (10.6 miles), climb 925 metres, time 4 hrs (incl break on summit of 15 mins), average speed 2.8 mph (no running)! Also acknowledgements to George Asda for my £15 trainers, well up to the task and now well and truely worn in!

Cleaned up all the local caches on Friday as well as bagging a couple of FTF trigs at Tummel Bridge on the way up. Surprised no one had previously found them, not difficult even at half past midnight! Did the event caches on Saturday but saved one, Scottish Quiz Cache, to bring me back another day! Plenty of trigs up there still to be logged!

Took a couple of power naps to get home Saturday night (A7 Edinburgh to Carlisle, the rally drivers night stage alternative to the M74!) but made it back to spend Sunday logging caches and Monday polishing off my blisters around Cheshire.

Hope everyone else had as an enjoyable public holiday weekend!

Many congrats to the Prince of Darkness!! :rolleyes::):lol::)

Looks like you had a great time in Scotland!! :)

Very impressive time for the climb - and if you had used the footpath instead of going straight up the cliff face then it might have been even quicker!! :)

Hope the motorcycle tour is going well and maybe see you in Yorkshire in a couple of weeks?! :)

Cheers!

Seasider

Edited by Seasider