"day After Tomorrow" Gps

Has anybody seen "The Day After Tomorrow?" I wish I had the GPS that one of the characters had. They were driving through a massive hurricane covering the entire northern hemisphere, in blinding snow, with sub-zero temperatures and he still had a possitive lock. I have a hard time getting a lock of the satellites when it's overcast.

I saw the flick Friday night (I still can't believe I talked my wife into going). Anyway, I loved the special effects and it was pretty funny when some of the action got to be 'far fetched'. All in all, though, it was a great escape from reality.

May actually become reality someday soon :blink:

The Geoexplorer CE series is $3500 each, with an expected battery life between 8-20 hours depending upon usage. Software to work on the PC is extra at about $500 or more.

I'm sure if you used that to find enough McToys, you would eventually pay off the cost... :blink:

Wait - You mean there is a market for used McToys?

Believe it or not, there really is. But to be worth anything, they have to be in pristine shape, that is, still in the plastic bag they were sealed in and not weathered.

Oh - I guess that would imply they weren't used. :blink:

Edited by TotemLake
How about on 24 a few weeks ago, when the receiver/transmitter got a signal in a subway? And had about a five foot accuracy?

Yea, HA! I saw that part, when they were tracking one of the bad guys, and had a lock on him, even though he was underground and on one of the moving subway trains...yea, suuuuuuuuure.... :D

I saw the flick Friday night (I still can't believe I talked my wife into going).  Anyway, I loved the special effects and it was pretty funny when some of the action got to be 'far fetched'.  All in all, though, it was a great escape from reality.

May actually become reality someday soon :rolleyes:

Wow....I did not know Al Gore geocached. :lol::)

CARP?

I don't get it!?! :)

:)

Seriously though, it's like any other movie. Set aside reality for a couple of hours, sit back and enjoy.

CARP, it's a fish - the movie STANK! :)

I like this type of movie in general but in this case I thought the acting was poor and the story was worse. I believe the story could have been told in a couple of sentences, with a pause for a yawn between.

Now, the effects were very well done and that is probably all that kept me in the theater - that and the fact that the person I was with was enjoying the flic.

Reading back on that, I might have just been in a non-receptive mood at the time so take this as my opinion and go see it for yourself if you didn't already.

Ah, yes... that's the reason I go to a movie!  To be entertained!

Yes, and what could possibly be more entertaining that good ol' fashion female nakedness. That is what this movie really lacked ... all they had to do was show the brunette girl's 'Mary Janes' and this movie could have been a block buster.

Edited by clearpath
Ah, yes... that's the reason I go to a movie!  To be entertained!

Yes, and what could possibly be more entertaining that good ol' fashion female nakedness. That is what this movie really lacked ... all they had to do was show the brunette girls 'Mary Janes' and this movie could have been a block buster.

She needed to remove her clothing in order to properly heat up the young lad who was freezing. That darn sweater could have killed him.

Well, I though the movie was good. Yes it did have its plot holes and lack of Jaws when the water was rising (honestly it had wolves so why not!). So yeah I guess that GPSr was pretty neat. Something that was cool is the knife that the guy (I have a horrible forgetfulness about names in movies.) used to cit his suspension rope as to not kill his friends. I hade one with me at the time I was watching the movie. ;) Odd.

*Edited because the post sounded like a scolicitation*

Edited by Beta Test
I heard VanHelsing wasn't all that good. Saw Shrek2 a few days ago and laughed so hard I cried. The COPS scene was too great, with the 'pepper spray', and the balloon air units from the FFAPD talking about the white Bronco heading into the woods.

It's so much better than the first one.

On the other hand, I thought VH was a good fantasy horror flick. Great SFX and some old jokes with a twist, and those fem fatale vamps had the best evil laughter I've heard in ages. Again - set aside your realism for a couple of hours, sit back and enjoy.