Can I Log This?

dampeoples

I found this today, and went ahead and logged it. What's the proper procedure for something like this? I wasn't going to scale the fence, so I did what I could...

From the description,

THE STATION IS THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF A 160 FOOT TALL MAST
so no need to climb fence. Only needed to observe that the mast was still standing. Log it as a FIND.

It does seem that I have the benchmark area all to myself here, the entire first page of them, and no finds!

I kinda did this on a whim, I had loaded the marks into my GPS, and looked for the closest one to my house on the way back in from a cache trip!

I need to read up on the USGS and NGS markers, so I can follow the conversation a bit easier :D

So, the photos in the log probably should be deleted since they have nothing to do with this benchmark - right?

And instead a picture should be taken of the 160' mast - so probably no reason at all to climb the fence :D instead need to get back quite a bit to get it all in the photo.

So, the photos in the log probably should be deleted since they have nothing to do with this benchmark - right?

And instead a picture should be taken of the 160' mast - so probably no reason at all to climb the fence :D instead need to get back quite a bit to get it all in the photo.

I can almost do that from here! It's right across the street from the local gas station, i'll get one when I visit.

Maybe I can go the next thunderstorm, make it art!