60c And Cityselect--where Is My Bearing Pointer?!?

Hi all,

I bought a 60C about a week ago and did a few caches and just loved it. I would watch the map page until I parked the car or got close and then switched over to the compass page and follow the bearing pointer straight to the cache.

Since I wanted to use the 60C as a nav in the car I bought the CitySelect software and installed it and its is also great. Now the problem.

I downloaded some caches to the unit and set off in my car with the autorouting in full force. It took me straight the the location but when I got out and tried to find the cache I had no bearing pointer on the compass page. I stopped navigation and switched to course pointer and restarted the navigation and the compass will rotated but no pointer. Whether the unit is on bearing pointer or course pointer there is only a small red circle in the center of the screen when navigating. I have read the manuals and find no reason for this or a setting that will allow me to have a bearing pointer for that last 0.25 mile.

Please tell me I need to change a setting or something because it is going to be a rough geocaching career if I have to follow that tiny red pointer until this unit wears out.

Thanks in advance,

John

It took me straight the the location but when I got out and tried to find the cache I had no bearing pointer on the compass page. Please tell me I need to change a setting or something because it is going to be a rough geocaching career if I have to follow that tiny red pointer until this unit wears out.

Thanks in advance,

John

:( What you need to do is when you get out of the car, press menu and then do a recalculate. You will then get a screen that asks if you want to recalculate for ON road or OFF road. Choose Off road and then you will get the compass page showing the name of the cache and the cords and the compass needle. Follow the arrow on the needle and it will lead you to the cache. When you get within several feet it will beep and say Arriving at (cache name). Your accuacy may be off so search around until you find it and then highlight the "found it" on the compass page and press enter. It will log it into your calander on your unit for furture refference. Happy caching. :D

Hehe--you guys are incredible--you are not going to believe this!! I might have figured that out on my own except for one thing--last night when I was getting ready for my excursion today, I was playing around with simulated routes. It kept asking for offroad vs. onroad and I thought who would need this offroad so I checked the box that said don't ask this again!! Well now I have hit all the restore defaults that I can find but still can't get it to ask me whether I want offroad or onroad. Any other suggestions as I sit here baffled?

Thanks,

John

Hehe--you guys are incredible--you are not going to believe this!! I might have figured that out on my own except for one thing--last night when I was getting ready for my excursion today, I was playing around with simulated routes. It kept asking for offroad vs. onroad and I thought who would need this offroad so I checked the box that said don't ask this again!! Well now I have hit all the restore defaults that I can find but still can't get it to ask me whether I want offroad or onroad. Any other suggestions as I sit here baffled?

Thanks,

John

:( Oh, and DONT'T check the box that says "Don't ask this again".

Just kidding, I think that if you reset your defaults it should have cleared it but I guess not. I don't have an answer for this one, maybe someone else will. Good luck. :D