Easy Gps

Hi Everyone

Just downloaded and installed Easy GPS.

Question where do I go to load waypoints into this program such as Southwestern Ontario.

Don't mean to be a pain, but just a newbe and not to puter literate.

Any reply appreciated.

Kenny G1

You can download waypoints to be used in EasyGPS several ways. The simplest way for a single one is to use the download waypoint from the cache listing page. Of course that only will download 1 at a time. The next way is to do a search by one of the many ways that Geocaching.com will allow, and then at the bottom of the page you can select all of them to be downloaded.

But the best way, and the way that allows the most flexibility, and options, is to become a premium member. That will allow you to run a Pocket Query that can have as many as 500 waypoints in each query. These can be e-mailed to you at whatever interval you would like.

Before you get too used to EasyGPS, you might consider looking at GSAK which has many features that are missing in EasyGPS. The best feature iis that not only do you get the waypoint information, but you also get almost all the info that is shown on the cache listing page, displayed in a similar look to the webpage

Good luck and I hope you have many fun Adventures

Gary of Gary and Mary Adventurers

Tks. Gary for the reply: Unsure if I explained myself properly, what I was looking for is a site I can go to such as a map of Canada or US and download waypoints for places of interest where I may travel too. The Cache listing page I just impute the waypoints manually for the areas I intend to visit. I did become a premium member and downloaded the GSAK program but still unsure how to get the waypoints from various areas of Canada and USA and download them into my GPS receiver. Tks. for any help Kenny G1

If I understand your question correctly, you're already downloading information from the web into EasyGPS, but need to know how to load that information into your GPSr.

I assume you have your GPSr connected via serial port or USB to your computer, and that the GPSr is turned on.

After you open EasyGPS, click "file" (upper right hand corner of the screen) and "open" from the drop down menu. From the selections offered, select the file you want load to your GPSr and double click on it. The information from that file should load into the EasyGPS window on the screen. Look at the top of the page and click on the "Send" button. The software should download the data to your GPSr.