Why Aren't The Servers Going Down Anymore?

New England n00b

It seems not too long ago the servers were choking, and there were a rash of complaints (as well as rational observations).

So, here is another "brown-nosing" :lol: thread to say "Thanks!". While I haven't been following that particular issue and may have missed something, it just seems like the back-end finally got cinched down and is working well.

So... uh... Thanks!

I swear, last weekend, everytime I logged in here, I was besieged with quick page loads, rather than the spinning cursors that I'm used to.

If I don't see some SQL errors this weekend, I'm going to... well... stamp my feet on the ground and shake my fist in the general direction of Washington State!

:lol:

Because I told Jeremy that when I won the lottery, I'd buy him all the servers he wants.....and if I didn't win the lottery, I was going to come up and live with him to help him fix them.......I got a hastily typed rejection letter and suddenly Jeremy has a bunch more servers....which scenario do you think occurred? :lol:

Because I told Jeremy that when I won the lottery, I'd buy him all the servers he wants.....and if I didn't win the lottery, I was going to come up and live with him to help him fix them.......I got a hastily typed rejection letter and suddenly Jeremy has a bunch more servers....which scenario do you think occurred? B)

I dunno... are you getting any extra meds from the back pain? ^_^:P

New servers, bigger, better, faster, able to leap tall cache pages in a  single bound.  Thanks to supporting members like us!  Thanks Groundpseak!

[cough]Jeep[cough,cough]...

EDIT: BBCODE formatting issues...

Edited by ju66l3r
I was asking the exact same question at Hooters the other night.

^_^:PB)

Dude. Don't jinx it. We're entering a 3 day weekend.

Well, Jeremy, I haven't hit the lotto yet, but my offer still stands to come to The Great Northwest and live in your guest house for the summer.....I don't know nothin' bout no computers, but I'm good with a BBQ grill.......

It's not the servers that are the problem, but too many of you are sitting at your computer looking at forums, not out caching. More finds = more logs = more work for the servers. Get youselves in gear and go hunting! :(

Yeah, I know what you mean! I can't see how people can spend all day just reading and posting in the forums! :D

It's not the servers that are the problem, but too many of you are sitting at your computer looking at forums, not out caching.  More finds = more logs = more work for the servers.  Get youselves in gear and go hunting! :D

Yeah, I know what you mean! I can't see how people can spend all day just reading and posting in the forums! :D

hrumphhh :(:D

Looks like it did get jinxed......Not that I have any business being up at 1:00 and looking at the logs. I was sleeping peacefully in my nice warm bed. Till I got a call that our son put his car in the ditch. :D So now after a visit from the Sheriff :( (Boy, are they fast!) and a trip to withdraw our life savings to pay the tow truck (Actually he was great. Friend of a friend who pulled it out for cash under the table) and most important no one was hurt. :D But back on topic, came here to relax and see who was logging finds, but the site was real slow and I started getting the server application error messages again. Guess everyone is up late logging the days finds.

I was asking the exact same question at Hooters the other night.

:DB):o

Dude. Don't jinx it. We're entering a 3 day weekend.

...and what a great weekend it was! I think the servers didn't go down because certain key players were with me. I was keeping CarleenP, Bons, Upinyachit, and Team 360 out of trouble :o

Aha! That must be it. Thanks for keeping them busy while I give the hamsters a much needed rest.

The early morning blues is probably due to maintainence that happens in the wee hours in the morning.

J

It might be early morning to you, but it was late Sunday afternoon, "what the heck is J and the QOFE up to now..... But I will say, whatever you have done of late - please keep it up :rolleyes: