Famous Cachers???

so are there any famous cachers out there willing to say hello? we don't want your address' or anything like that. won't blackmail you with stories of caching hobbies to the newspapers. just curious that's all.

if there isn't any willing to stand up and say hello then here's the challenge. one of us must know someone famous or know someone who knows someone else etc. the contest is to get someone famous to take up the sport and come online.

it's like a locationless cache, you have to hunt out a celebrity willing to join then log the cache find!

happy hunting. :lol:

not to throw my toys out of the pram but any chance of taking the topic seriously ?

just thought it would be interesting to know. but if no one else thinks so then so be it. i'll sign off now and let the walter mitty types carry on with their humerous replies.

Well, if we were gonna be serious, we would just point you to this topic, this topic, or this topic, to link a few. :lol:

But I'm not that serious! When ever I go to an event, I hear a lot of "so you're Mopar!" (usually followed by a bunch of 4 letter words my mommy never taught me), so I guess that means I'm (in)famous.

Edited by Mopar
But I'm not that serious! When ever I go to an event, I hear a lot of "so you're Mopar!" (usually followed by a bunch of 4 letter words my mommy never taught me), so I guess that means I'm (in)famous.

Funny, but we get the same thing as reviewers. It has been fun to travel to a few event caches outside of GA. People sometimes say, "We talked about a cache in email." I say, "Uh, was I nice?" and give a chuckle. B):P

I think some of the famous people to me have been our geocaching powerhouses and peers. It was cool to meet the likes of BruceS, CCCooper, Lil Otter, JoGPS and Southpaw, Moun10Bike and many other famous power cachers (dang, too hard to name them all). I've also been lucky enough to meet the upper level people of Geocaching.com like Jeremy and the gentle Hydee. I've actually been caching with Hydee! How cool is that!!! For heaven's sake, I've even met *and* geocached with MOPAR!!! A special treat is meeting other reviewers like CO Admin and Keystone and several others. I have even geocached with Little Lep!

Some famous cachers that I would like to meet would be people like BrianSnat, Ju66l3r, Renegade Knight, CYBret, GPSax, Sparky, Sept1c_Tank, carleenp, Criminal, Stunod, Uperdooper, Cheeseheads, Cache Viking, Webfoot, AmishHacker, JMBella, rusty, bons, Harrald, welch, El Diablo, Beckerbuns, Nurse Dave, Marky, fizzymagic, kablooey, woof and lulu, seneca and a huge *long* list of people that frequent these forums and help people every day. I know I left a lot of people off of that list of cachers.

Tahosa, some day you and I will meet and go find a cache together in those mountians that you love so much.

To me, these are the famous people of geocaching.

I'm not trying to schmooze, that's just the way I see it.

Um, by the way, you are all coming to the Second Annual Geo-Woodstock, right? ^_^

Some famous cachers that I would like to meet would be people like BrianSnat, Ju66l3r, Renegade Knight, CYBret, GPSax, Sparky, Sept1c_Tank, carleenp, Criminal, Stunod, Uperdooper, Cheeseheads, Cache Viking, Webfoot, AmishHacker, JMBella, rusty, bons, Harrald, welch, El Diablo, Beckerbuns, Nurse Dave, Marky, fizzymagic, kablooey, woof and lulu, seneca and a huge *long* list of people that frequent these forums and help people every day.  I know I left a lot of people off of that list of cachers. 

Humph! Put me that far down on the list and we'll never cache together! B)

Seriously though, Patch would love to hit the trail with you and your puppy.

I have mentioned a few times, "Hi, I'm Criminal." Everyone just stares at me blankly. "Who?" :P

Guess that's better than getting my asskicked by some team or something hey?

Edited by Criminal

Funny, but we get the same thing as reviewers. It has been fun to travel to a few event caches outside of GA. People sometimes say, "We talked about a cache in email." I say, "Uh, was I nice?" and give a chuckle. :PB)

I think some of the famous people to me have been our geocaching powerhouses and peers. It was cool to meet the likes of BruceS, CCCooper, Lil Otter, JoGPS and Southpaw, Moun10Bike and many other famous power cachers (dang, too hard to name them all). I've also been lucky enough to meet the upper level people of Geocaching.com like Jeremy and the gentle Hydee. I've actually been caching with Hydee! How cool is that!!! For heaven's sake, I've even met *and* geocached with MOPAR!!! A special treat is meeting other reviewers like CO Admin and Keystone and several others. I have even geocached with Little Lep!

Some famous cachers that I would like to meet would be people like BrianSnat, Ju66l3r, Renegade Knight, CYBret, GPSax, Sparky, Sept1c_Tank, carleenp, Criminal, Stunod, Uperdooper, Cheeseheads, Cache Viking, Webfoot, AmishHacker, JMBella, rusty, bons, Harrald, welch, El Diablo, Beckerbuns, Nurse Dave, Marky, fizzymagic, kablooey, woof and lulu, seneca and a huge *long* list of people that frequent these forums and help people every day. I know I left a lot of people off of that list of cachers.

Tahosa, some day you and I will meet and go find a cache together in those mountians that you love so much.

To me, these are the famous people of geocaching.

I'm not trying to schmooze, that's just the way I see it.

Um, by the way, you are all coming to the Second Annual Geo-Woodstock, right? ^_^

I'm humbled and flattered that I made your list. I'll be in Atlanta all next week. I would love to meet you and share a cold one.

El Diablo

I didn't make the list.

Note to self: TP mtn_man's house ASAP.

Be careful though, the puppymonster REALLY likes bacon. :P

Next time you come through Atlanta let me know. We'll find a cache or two. I drove through Indy last year at about this time. Oddly enough, it was at about 2 AM or so... but that is another bizarre geocaching story.

Some famous cachers that I would like to meet would be people like BrianSnat, Ju66l3r, Renegade Knight, CYBret, GPSax, Sparky, Sept1c_Tank, carleenp, Criminal, Stunod, Uperdooper, Cheeseheads, Cache Viking, Webfoot, AmishHacker, JMBella, rusty, bons, Harrald, welch, El Diablo, Beckerbuns, Nurse Dave, Marky, fizzymagic, kablooey, woof and lulu, seneca and a huge *long* list of people that frequent these forums and help people every day.  I know I left a lot of people off of that list of cachers. 

Okay, I didn't make 'The List' either. Now I'm gonna have to consult the tribal elders and decide how big a can of whoopass to open. I'm thinking small band of rowdy warriors or possibly a scalp hunting party. :P

Okay, I didn't make 'The List' either. Now I'm gonna have to consult the tribal elders and decide how big a can of whoopass to open. I'm thinking small band of rowdy warriors or possibly a scalp hunting party. B)

:P

Wait... you ...EXPECTED to make the list? ^_^

Oh yeah, and Snoogans.  B)

Oh yeah, and clearpath. :o

(I can see I'll be posting a lot in this topic.)

Wait a minute! I've had 57 posts, and I've gone to 285 caches, and I've been a member for two years!!!

Why wasn't I on the list? :P;)^_^

Aren't I important, too? B):P

Why wasn't I on the list? :PB)^_^

Aren't I important, too? B):P

I can't list everyone, but did list a lot of the people I have had exchanges with over the years in the forums. I did omit a few people on purpose, but you were not one of them.

Come on over to Nashville on July 3!!!!!!! Eat catfish and make fun of mtn-man in person!! How could you miss an opportunity like that?

Oh yeah, by the way, I am ubiquitous. I am always here. :o

I REALLY wish Pierre Trudeau had been around when geocaching had started. He was famous and had a true love of the great outdoors! I know in my heart he would have been a great cacher... heck he even has a wilderness national park named after him. Maybe we should contact his son Justin.

He could be a possible recruit. His brother (Sasha... sp?) lost his life after being swept into a lake in western Canada during an avalanche while backpacking with friends.

Justin read one of the most moving ulogys for his father that I have ever read... he has guts! I don't know how he did it!

Rt. Hon. Pierre Trudeau was a great canoeist, father, statesman and I hope honarary geocacher.

I also met him a couple of times.

If in doubt just 'GOOGLE' "Pierre Trudeau"

Dave

(edit: added quote)

Famous quote from Trudeau:

"Just watch me."

(Canadians should know this one!)

Edited by davwil

SixDogTeam

We have a saying where I come from ... "You shook the hand that shook the hand..."

That's as good as being there in the first place HI HI...

Lord and Lady Powell, l I think have been forgotten and I think we should also make them honourary geocachers too. (Post Mortem).

Dave

Edited by davwil
I was totally teasing. :P

You can tell by the stats that I listed, that I am unworthy to be included in any lists. B)

But its not about the numbers! ^_^

i am very flattered to be on the list. i know it's not because i have found a lot of caches. it has to be because in 7 months i have made it to the top 5 posters list. what can i say. i have a lot of free time, and i can't shut-up. B) i would like to be at the convention, but i couldn't take the heat. july? down south? no way. i keep my house at 60 in the winter. and 70 in the summer. :P i would like to meet the puppy monster too. i love dogs.