Mapsource Error

Has anyone had their mapsource topo suddenly stop working. I now get a error that states I have some problem in the smarttemp file. I tried everything garmin said to try(too much to list). Anyone else have any ideas. I have upgrade to the 6.1 still no success.

reply to Katiebtrekkers@aol.com

Thanks

Edited by KatieBTrekkers

Have you donwloaded/installed the topo basemap patch?

This is from their website...

==================

Please note:

This patch is only applicable for all versions of the MapSource United States TOPO product. It will not affect any other MapSource product.

Change:

Removed fragment of map template from northern Minnesota area so that MapSource would not report an error when viewing data in this area.

==================

I no longer remember exactly what I did, but once Mapsource kept crashing. Uploading the patch fixed it.

Team Geo-Jedi

If all else fails, you may want to give filemon a shot (http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/filemon.shtml). Start filemon, set up a filter for "mapsource*" and do the operation that crashes mapsource (what is it, btw?). If you check out what the file activity was just before the crash, you may figure out the root cause.

Another approach (I don't know if garmin has suggested it or not) would be to get rid of all the maps in mapsource (export all the registry keys below HKLM/Software/Garmin/Mapsource /Families and /Products and then delete them one by one).

If you could give us a list of what you've already tried, I think I could me more specific.

Tamas