Groundspeak Very Rude

Fortunately it's apparently not rude to call people control freaks just because you disagree with them...

Hmmm. Looking for the thread you are upset about, it appears the moderator didn't shut it down because he didn't like it. He shut it down because you didn't bother to post to the exiting thread on the subject and started a new one instead.

Is that a little more clear than the perfectly clear reason given by the moderator?

Wow, a 2 for one day!

I didn't see a recent topic you started get closed down because they didn't like it. I did see one get closed down because there are already 4 other ones pointing to the same article yours did. Gets pretty confusing with 4 different threads discussing the exact same thing, so they try and keep it to just one.

You seem to be the rude one here.

Edited by Mopar
Fortunately it's apparently not rude to call people control freaks just because you disagree with them...

Hmmm. Looking for the thread you are upset about, it appears the moderator didn't shut it down because he didn't like it. He shut it down because you didn't bother to post to the exiting thread on the subject and started a new one instead.

Is that a little more clear than the perfectly clear reason given by the moderator?

I thought it was perfectly clear......shut down due to OP ignorance.....

Okay, that's the last time; it's pointless to remain here.  It seems the "moderators" of this forum are rude control freaks.  If they don't like a subject they shut it down.

Bye! <_<

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php...ndpost&p=924391

Actually your topic was closed because it was the fourth time the same article was posted (as has been noted and linked). The other ones were closed too. A link was even given to the original topic when your topic was closed. I'm sorry, but all of that was well within the guidelines for posting in the forums.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?act=boardrules

Multiple discussions on the same subject are not productive for anyone. Please read them if you decide to come back. You may want to look down the page a few topics to see if your idea has been posted already as well.

...Actually your topic was closed because it was the fourth time the same article was posted (as has been noted and linked).  The other ones were closed too.  A link was even given to the original topic when your topic was closed....

I'm in agreement with mtn-man here though I'm ignoring the guidelines to do so. <_<

It's better to have a nice heated debate in one thread where everyone participates than the split up some great posts over several threads. Having said that if you waited a week or two and brought it up again often a new angle erupts and the topic can stand on it's own.

Edited by Renegade Knight

Maybe you (DamOTclese) should go geocaching. A member for over a year with 17 finds. Not a serious cacher so you probubly dont understand the topics. Maybe if you paid the $30 for premium membership you wouldn't be so upset. I agree with you then, get off the forums and go caching. You'll have alot more fun.

I'm thinking about girls, so I'm not sure what this is about.

see! i told everyone in AS, he likes girls. he likes them alot.

<opens gas can>

Hey uper aren't you going to mention what you said about criminal and chickens?

Whats the matter? Did I say something wrong? <_<:lol:

Being new and all, I wasn't going to say anything, but since I appeared to start this mess...

I've found that when you start posting on a messageboard, blog, usenet - whatever - its a good idea to run a quick search on the subject or its key words. You may find its already a running thread.

Just sayin', is all.

I've found that when you start posting on a messageboard, blog, usenet - whatever - its a good idea to run a quick search on the subject or its key words. You may find its already a running thread.

good idea! Or, you can always just jump in any thread, and derail it as needed.....

(as usually happens /\ )

<_<

Edited by Pto

<opens gas can>

Whats the matter? Did I say something wrong? <_<:lol:

i said i wasn't sure about chickens. just girls. :lol:

Maybe you (DamOTclese) should go geocaching. A member for over a year with 17 finds. Not a serious cacher so you probubly dont understand the topics. Maybe if you paid the $30 for premium membership you wouldn't be so upset. I agree with you then, get off the forums and go caching. You'll have alot more fun.

Nope, not the right approach. Suggesting that a person go find some caches because it's a good way to calm down: fine. Suggesting that a person's opinions are less valuable because of their find count or their post count: not fine.

Let me quote from the same forum conduct guideline that has now been violated twice in this topic:

Respect: Respect the guidelines for forum usage, and site usage. Respect Groundspeak, its employees, volunteers, yourself, fellow community members, and guests on these boards. Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.

Thank you.

<opens gas can>

Whats the matter? Did I say something wrong? :D:D

i said i wasn't sure about chickens. just girls. :P

I just called them his "Fowl Featherd Friends" :lol:

Edited by cache_us_if_you_can
Okay, that's the last time; it's pointless to remain here.  It seems the "moderators" of this forum are rude control freaks.  If they don't like a subject they shut it down.

Bye! :lol:

Dude! Nice effort! Hey, ya gotta tell it like ya see it, y'know? :D

But ya gotta do it with verve! :P

Ya gotta do it with true STYLE!! :D

Make it right by taking a few tips from right here. B)

Take a tip from the experts, find your groove! THEN, dude, you can seriously ROCK as you make your exit with the real style it needs. :D:D:D

Yo, dude! :D

Edited by Sparrowhawk

WARNING - OFF TOPIC

If everyone did that, there wouldn't be a verb named after me.

OK - continue with the riveting discussion...

Bye! :lol:

Ok we have feelings of pointlessness which if they were expressed about the guidelines and getting caches approved would be good for two points. But since it's forums only and we all know that 99.9% of what is said is either pointless or going nowhere even if it was a good point, it’s only 1 point.

Next we have a classic use of the parentheses making light of the mods. This is always a "classic" touch. I'm kicking in two points for that. Without the "" I'd add none here.

Next is the rude control freak. Now rude at times is a given, they do take a pot shot every now and then but they are only human. Control freaks gets them slapped by "TPTB" besides the restraint shown is greatly improved from the days of the original forum wars. Combined I'm only adding one point.

Now we have the shut it down comment. Alas this isn't true by any stretch and a quick look would show that. Minus one point. At least rude control freaks is subjective and you can split the hair either way at times.

Last we have a perky Bye. This I just like. For being perky on the way out, for having the balls to do a smiley instead of a gut wrenching emoticon of some other type. Hell it makes the forum suicide. Without it, this post wouldn't of gotten half the attention. Because I like it that's 3 points.

Total 6 points. But if I had to convert it to a 10 point scale 4.5.

Edited by Renegade Knight
Whether a community member has one post or 5,000 posts, they deserve the same respect.
I said caches not posts. So I wasn't violating but I feel voilated because I was chastised. :lol:

Caches, posts..what's the difference? Everyone deserves respect regardless of the numbers on anything.

Since I never agree with mtn-man,

but I do agree that the topic in question was duly closed,

it must not have been mtn-man that closed it. :D

I bet it was that frisbee-chasing maniac puppymonster that did it! :lol:

Mtn-man has puppy breath! :P:D

that's right, blame the dog. just like with body functions, blame the dog. :D

Nope, not the right approach. Suggesting that a person go find some caches because it's a good way to calm down: fine. Suggesting that a person's opinions are less valuable because of their find count or their post count: not fine.

You mean I have to respect Sparky for who is is, not for how he "measures up"? :lol: