Datasend

Hi All

As I have stated in previous post I purchased a used Mallegan 315 hand held GPS.

I did not get all the accesories with the unit and recently saw in radio shack a CD for Magellan called DataSend.

The salesperson was unsure if this C.D. would be useful to use in my model as they do not sell Magellan 315.

Could someone who has the same receiver as I have advise if I should purchase this CD which enables me to download waypoints for Canada or am I just wasting my money.

One further question: The only other accessory I will require is the cable to conenct the GPS with my home computer.

Thanks for any inpute.

Kenny G.

DataSend really isn't worth the money. You do not get maps, just waypoints of:

· Cities

· Airports

· Recreation/Amusement

· Parks

· Wineries

· Sight seeing

· Golf courses

· Tourist attractions

· Sport stadiums

· Historical & Museums

· Archery & Firearm shooting ranges

· Aerial events

· Gardens

· Campgrounds

· Zoos & Aquariums

· Hunting & Fishing locations

And most of this data will be somewhat outdated.

If you can get it real cheap ($15 or less), then it might be worth purchasing. Otherwise it is not really worth it since the program has not been updated for years. I also think your limited to the number of categories you can load to the 315 (e.g. you can load restraunts, hotels, golf cources and that may be it- not sure on the number but I am thinking 3 to 5).

Wyatt W.

Datasend is for changing the POIs of the 315. Here is the manual.

You can use other programs for to upload/download the waypoints and routes, a free one from magellan is the Datasave.

One thing with Datasend is that you can change the POIs and add the smaller Ontario towns with that data that is included with datasend. I believe using other software you can also create your own POIs, of say caches and not have to use up your waypoints.