I Could Be Legally Dead By Now!

If I'd had vanished the day I first logged a Geocache (Dan & Pid's Egyptian Springs, for the curious) then today I could be taken off the missing persons register and declared legally dead. The good news, of course, is that I DIDN'T vanish a year and a day ago and I'm very much alive and well, thank you. Also, the rumours of my Geocache setting have been greatly exaggerated. I've only placed 35, and that's not even one for every 10 days in the sport. That said, I didn't hide my first one (Chess Themed Geocache No.1 - Black Rook - No, it's not an advert, it's a public service announcement :lol:) until July 1st 2003, so I think I have a few more days to go before I reach that anniversary. I hope to set something special to celebrate then. Get your hiking boots and thinking heads ready!

Cutting to the chase: I wanted to take the occasion of my first cachebirthday to thank everyone I've met (electronically and otherwise) in this last year for helping to make caching a really pleasant pastime. It's got me out of the house (I work from home as well as..err...live here <_<) and filled me with fresh air many many times. Of course, I have several new scars to show off to the girls too now. Bonus! :lol: It's the people who make any sport, and I don't think I could have asked for a nicer bunch of players to compete (or not) with. Gawd bless you, every one!

SP

Yes, in most states, it is illegal to commit suicide; therefore, the person that committed it would, in fact, be illegally dead.

Ah but this is the UK, not a state.

It is not illegal to commit suicide in the UK.

Attempted suicide *is* illegal, and there are sentences pertaining to the crime, but actual suicide is quite legal, presumably due to the difficulty in bringing a successful prosecution.

I guess it pays not to fail....