Easygps Locking Up Serial Port

Each time I use Easy GPS to download waypoints it leaves the serial port locked up as though it is connected to some other device. I then have to "Restart" my PC to clear the lines so I can download again. I have experimented with the turn on and off sequence of Easy GPS and my gpsr but can't seem to find a sequence that makes a difference. I've tried changing the baud rate of the port I'm using to 4800 but nothing I do will change it from 9600. Is there a simpler way of clearing the serial lines than restarting the PC? Or do I need to do something different to solve the problem? Thanks <_<

I was having trouble with my serial port as well, so I went out and got a serial-to-USB adapter, and I have not had any trouble since. I can't say for sure if this will work for you, and I would not suggest that you go out and spend @ 40 for something that may not work. It may be worth a shot though. You could always return it to the store. Good luck! :lol:

btlgrl <_<

I was having trouble with my serial port as well, so I went out and got a serial-to-USB adapter, and I have not had any trouble since. I can't say for sure if this will work for you, and I would not suggest that you go out and spend @ 40 for something that may not work. It may be worth a shot though. You could always return it to the store. Good luck! :lol:

btlgrl <_<

Sounds like you both were having something else trying to grab that port. You could go into the device manager and change the port to a different, unused number. Then change EasyGPS to reflect that same change.