Bringing A Dog To A Cache Event

I was planning on bringing my dog to a recent CITO event, but I decided against that based on the fact that she might eat the trash.

Now on the other hand, I'm currently planning an event that I'd probably bring my dog to, if I weren't organizing it and it weren't such a labor intensive event...

Darby the wonder pup has cached with me on many occasions. I have taken her to four events with varying success. The events that were mostly hunting for caches were much better suited to bringing the pup. Those that were basically sitting around gabbing were not great for the pup. She tended to get antsy around so many strangers.

do not bring the dog. get a dogsitter. a dog will have to be constantly watched to make sure they are not straying too far unless you keep them on a leash, and that can be a pain in the tush too. if your dog is a mooch hound like mine was you will not be able to even think of food without your dog begging from you or anyone else. you also have to clean up after them. unless you have an endless supply of rubber gloves and ziplock bags, save yourself the pain. if your dog is dependant on you in any way, it will bark and whine whenever you get more than 20 feet away. when you answer the call of nature, the five minutes you are gone will seem like 5 years to your dog and it will act like it never expected to see you again. take it from a camper who knows. leave the dog home.

Edited by uperdooper
do not bring the dog. get a dogsitter. a dog will have to be constantly watched to make sure they are not straying too far unless you keep them on a leash, and that can be a pain in the tush too. if your dog is a mooch hound like mine was you will not be able to even think of food without your dog begging from you or anyone else. you also have to clean up after them. unless you have an endless supply of rubber gloves and ziplock bags, save yourself the pain. if your dog is dependant on you in any way, it will bark and whine whenever you get more than 20 feet away. when you answer the call of nature, the five minutes you are gone will seem like 5 years to your dog and it will act like it never expected to see you again. take it from a camper who knows. leave the dog home.

I like dogs, however, I have a great disdain for people who bring their dogs either to my house, or to social events I am attending, especially when their dogs are not well-mannered and the owners don't care what the dogs do. My inlaws think it's funny to ge their dogs to chase my cats. I don't. My inlaws think it's ok for their 3 smelly dogs to get on my furniture. I don't. My inlaws think it's ok to let their 3 smelly dogs in my house. I don't. I have been many places when people have brought an ill-mannered dog, and it really is a burden on all involved. As far as camping, that is even worse. A campout is enough trouble without someone's dog rampaging around the campsite, knocking things over, kicking and shaking dirt and who knows what else all over the place, jumping up on people, trying to get food from people, peeing or pooping all over the place, etc.....Like I said, I like dogs, but have great disdain for people who bring around dogs that are not well behaved. I used to own a German Shepherd and a Chihuahua, both were pleasant and well-behaved. Both could come in the house because they did not stink, did not chase the cats, did not get on the furniture, etc. I gotta go with uperdooper on this one: don't bring the dog. The other campers will thank you for it.

I didn't take my dog to one event because it was inside. I took him caching afterwards. Another event, I attended I asked by way of the GC.com page for the event and our local web board if people minded. They didn't and in fact there was another dog in attendance. I guess it depends on how well he/she can behave. Mine did ok, even spent some quiet time in a cage. I didn't take him around where others were eating. Let common sense be the judge, but besure to remember food and especially water for the dog!!!! They get thirsty too. ;)

Chances are pretty good that your dog will not have fun around so many people. Do your dog a favor and find a sitter.

I would agree with that. For a quick meeting it may not be too bad. For an overnight camping event it might be stressful on the dog depending on how they interact with people. If you get a sitter you will have more time to chat with the people at the campout too since you won't be worried about what the pooch is doing.

Let's not put all the blame on ill behaved dogs, I say it depends on how well the owner takes resposiblity for their dog. If they are aware, concerned owners who can tell when their pet is becoming too much for others, and can take the time to make sure it is watched and not just turned loose to fend for itself, then okay.

Let's not put all the blame on ill behaved dogs, I say it depends on how well the owner takes resposiblity for their dog. If they are aware, concerned owners who can tell when their pet is becoming too much for others, and can take the time to make sure it is watched and not just turned loose to fend for itself, then okay.

very true. the only problem then is that the owner has to spend most of their time watching the dog and not enjoying the fun. good dog or bad, it's a lot of time you can spend enjoying other things.

Let's not put all the blame on ill behaved dogs,  I say it depends on how well the owner takes resposiblity for their dog.  If they are aware, concerned owners who can tell when their pet is becoming too much for others, and can take the time to make sure it is watched and not just turned loose to fend for itself, then okay.

very true. the only problem then is that the owner has to spend most of their time watching the dog and not enjoying the fun. good dog or bad, it's a lot of time you can spend enjoying other things.

Well, I tried to make that point in my post. An ill-behaved dog is a direct result of a poor owner. It's also very tedious for people who have to be constantly interrupted during conversations by the owner yelling at the dog to shut up, sit down, go lie down, shut up, get down, SHUT UP, GET DOWN!!! DOWN!!!!!!!! G E T D O W N !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also find it just as tedious to hear that from parents of ill-behaved children..... <_<

We are planning this camping trip and our biggest thorn seems to be the DOG! How is that?

Any one else gonna bring their geocaching pooch?

Duane

Bella comes on 95% of my cache hunts and hides. She is also coming with us on our road RV trip around New England this summer. I don't think it will be a problem at all. In fact she's the only reason we're renting an RV as opposed to just getting hotel rooms.

I thought about bringing my dog to the same (I think) event and decided not to. Over the past year she has gotten pretty bad about barking at people if tied up and nervous if not. I took her to a trianer once who suggested a shock collar and I am not willing to do that! So, I figure that if I brought her, I would end up spending tons of time sitting with her and she wouldn't have much fun. Plus she actually seems to like the doggie spa boarding place, where they let her run for several hours each day in a fenced area with other dogs (they screen for vaccinations and socialization for that).

We are planning this camping trip and our biggest thorn seems to be the DOG!  How is that? 

Duane

Bella comes on 95% of my cache hunts and hides. She is also coming with us on our road RV trip around New England this summer. I don't think it will be a problem at all. In fact she's the only reason we're renting an RV as opposed to just getting hotel rooms.

Wow JMB! My wife and I were thinking about doing the same thing regarding an RV trip vs. hotel rooms. We thought it would be cool to ride around with the puppymonster on a vacation for a change!

Holy Crap!!! I just read all the posts here. Two words:

DOG TRAINER!!!

Bella has come to all but one event with me including The Hudson Highlands Jaunt. I think (and I hope) that most of the people who have met Bella can vouch that she is an exceptionally well behaved dog. For $500 I had a personal trainer come to our house for two months. He not only trained Bella but he trained us, which is just as important. I know $500 sounds a little expensive but that was the best 500 bucks we ever spent. I would say don't even get a dog unless you are prepared to get some kind of training. Even at only 18 months old I don't have to worry about her running too far off. Dogs love geocaching!! Bring 'em with you every chance you get!

Holy Crap!!! I just read all the posts here. Two words:

DOG TRAINER!!!

Bella has come to all but one event with me including The Hudson Highlands Jaunt. I think (and I hope) that most of the people who have met Bella can vouch that she is an exceptionally well behaved dog. For $500 I had a personal trainer come to our house for two months. He not only trained Bella but he trained us, which is just as important. I know $500 sounds a little expensive but that was the best 500 bucks we ever spent. I would say don't even get a dog unless you are prepared to get some kind of training. Even at only 18 months old I don't have to worry about her running too far off. Dogs love geocaching!! Bring 'em with you every chance you get!

BINGO!

When I got my first dog, I shipped him out to boot camp for 3 weeks. The training does wonders, and I agree the owner needs just as much training. At least I didn't have to wear the shock collar <_<

Holy Crap!!! I just read all the posts here.  Two words:

DOG TRAINER!!!

Bella has come to all but one event with me including The Hudson Highlands Jaunt. I think (and I hope) that most of the people who have met Bella can vouch that she is an exceptionally well behaved dog.  For $500 I had a personal trainer come to our house for two months. He not only trained Bella but he trained us, which is just as important. I know $500 sounds a little expensive but that was the best 500 bucks we ever spent. I would say don't even get a dog unless you are prepared to get some kind of training.  Even at only 18 months old I don't have to worry about her running too far off.  Dogs love geocaching!! Bring 'em with you every chance you get!

BINGO!

At least I didn't have to wear the shock collar <_<

C'mon you know you tried it!

DOG TRAINER!!!

Bella has come to all but one event with me including The Hudson Highlands Jaunt. I think (and I hope) that most of the people who have met Bella can vouch that she is an exceptionally well behaved dog.  For $500 I had a personal trainer come to our house for two months. He not only trained Bella but he trained us, which is just as important. I know $500 sounds a little expensive but that was the best 500 bucks we ever spent. I would say don't even get a dog unless you are prepared to get some kind of training.  Even at only 18 months old I don't have to worry about her running too far off.  Dogs love geocaching!! Bring 'em with you every chance you get!

BINGO!

you must still remember the smell of burnt feathers.

DOG TRAINER!!!

BINGO!

you must still remember the smell of burnt feathers.

Behave Chicken!!!

chicken_blink_lg_blk.gif

Edited by JMBella

DOG TRAINER!!!

BINGO!

Actually, the trainer made me touch the contacts so I knew what the dog was feeling. It's not torture like some people think...just a mild buzz to get their attention.

DOG TRAINER!!!

BINGO!

Actually, the trainer made me touch the contacts so I knew what the dog was feeling. It's not torture like some people think...just a mild buzz to get their attention.

Well that explains the garters...

Bella: I totally agree. But I will add though that it isn't always that simple. I got my dog at the pound as an adult. She was already housebroken (pleasent surprise) and knew a few basics. But she also had pretty severe separation anxiety and quickly became very protective of me too. I took her to a round of obedience classes and worked with her at home. She has always done pretty well in the house with no distractions, but pulling on the leash and barking never got trained out. She is fine off leash, but gets nervous when tied up or on leash. At one point, I paid a personal trainer, who first worked on some basic stuff. When that didn't work, he suggested a pinch collar. That also didn't work. Then he suggested a shock no-bark collar and a shock walking collar. I am just not willing to shock my dog!

Anyway, it also is not a huge deal to me. I take the dog camping and to the dog park (she is good there because she loves other dogs and can be off leash) and hiking where we might not run into too many people. I use a chin collar for walks and I actually like her barking at times since I live alone in a so-so neighborhood. But an event with many people in a park where she can't be off leash is too much for her or me. I doubt she would enjoy it that much.

Interestingly, the vet recently said she was a little overweight and he also is aware of her people issues. He "prescribed" a puppy for her, as did the previous trainer I will add. Both thought a puppy would entertain her and through the puppy's training show Molly how she need to behave, plus keep her calm. I am hesitant because I have too many pets in my mind, but I do keep reconsidering. Ay yi yi..... I hope we don't see a new "name my caching puppy thread" but it could happen!

<_<

Edit: Stunod, I just saw your post and I put the no bark collar on and yelled (yeah weird) and it was not pleasent! I just couldn't do that to my dog!

Edited by carleenp

DOG TRAINER!!!

BINGO!

Yep, I know. It just gets their attention. Bella still wears hers but I don't really need to use it unless I think she is in danger. Like if she is going to run into the street or something. Mainly she is aware that she has it on so she knows she has to be good or else... bzzzzzzzzzzzt! I love when people think it's inhumane so they use a scented spray collar. I saw someone in petco that had one and I asked about it. "Oh, it just releases an oder when I push the button so it's not inhumane". I said: "My dog running into the street and getting hit by a car is inhuman". I like to put the zap collar on people like that and turn it up to 11.

DOG TRAINER!!!

BINGO!

Yep, I know. It just gets their attention. Bella still wears hers but I don't really need to use it unless I think she is in danger. Like if she is going to run into the street or something. Mainly she is aware that she has it on so she knows she has to be good or else... bzzzzzzzzzzzt! I love when people think it's inhumane so they use a scented spray collar. I saw someone in petco that had one and I asked about it. "Oh, it just releases an oder when I push the button so it's not inhumane". I said: "My dog running into the street and getting hit by a car is inhuman". I like to put the zap collar on people like that and turn it up to 11.

Now my grandfather trained coon hounds and his shock collars would flip the dog head over heals. That's a little more zap than I would feel comfortable using!

Sorry Carleen, I just read your post. I don't want to put a shock collar on you. The good collars have setting from 0 - 100. Each dog is different, On Bella I usually have it on 20 - 22. That setting just gives a sensation, I wouldn't even call it a shock. I've felt it and it wasn't bad at all. Bella never yelps if and when I have to use it. All I know is that it works and I'd rather give her a little zap than have her run into the street and get hit.

My inlaws think it's funny to ge their dogs to chase my cats. I don't. My inlaws think it's ok for their 3 smelly dogs to get on my furniture. I don't. My inlaws think it's ok to let their 3 smelly dogs in my house. I don't.

What do you think of that shock collar idea now? <_<

One of the first things that I heard at the two CITO events that I attended was "where is Hannibal"? I take him caching with me but for events where there are going to be a lot of people I would rather leave him at home. Not that he behaves badly but he is just a whole lot of dog at 204 lbs and his size intimidates some people. That and the fact that he is a chow hound and as soon as the food would come out there would be mastiff drool everywhere, I'm used to it but I'm sure it would gross somebody out. <_< As far as the training thing goes, I started Hannibal in puppy obedience classes at 13 weeks old knowing how big he would get and how unmanagable he could become. We worked our way through three more classes after that. Not only did he enjoy going to the classes but I got a well behaved dog out of the deal. :lol:

We have NEVER been caching without namesake dog Sydney. It just would not be right. He is small, well behaved, and the equivalent of our baby. So for those of you who say: "don't bring the dog.", I ask you to leave the decision to the owners, assuming that they understand what these events are about and know the weather and leash rules.

Edited by Sydney Sidekicks

My inlaws think it's funny to ge their dogs to chase my cats.  I don't.  My inlaws think it's ok for their 3 smelly dogs to get on my furniture.  I don't.  My inlaws think it's ok to let their 3 smelly dogs in my house.  I don't.

What do you think of that shock collar idea now? :lol:

I actually considered getting three of the down at Petco and giving them to my inlaws for gifts.....but not telling them they were shock collars. I'd keep the controls! <_<

I used to own a German Shepherd and a Chihuahua, both were pleasant and well-behaved. 

Did anyone else here the news that, according to DNA testing, Chihuahuas are actually bred from a type of rodent, not dogs? Fred Hutchingson Cancer Center in Seattle is the place that announced that.

My dog, Snickers! will be going unless I hear a resounding NO from the community I'm going with. If that happens, I won't go either. My buddy goes with me almost everywhere I can take him unless I can't let him out of the car after a few short minutes.

Dog training is the key, and if you can't do it on your own, it's like JMBella said, Dog Trainer is the best spent money.

My wife started kennel training ours at 6 months, and by the time he was 9 months, we had no house warming surprises. I, on the other hand started training him on the basics when he was 6 months.

He only got caught on the furniture without command only once and paid for that indiscretion with such a fury of yelling and stomping around that he never does it again unless he is coaxingly assured it is OK - even when jumping on the bed with us. At 95 pounds, he truly believes he is a lap dog, when allowed.

He leaves the room when dining begins. If he's caught begging, he knows the command "No begging!" and he'll look the other way if he can't leave the area.

Other commands:

Get back in your yard

Let's go home

heal

stay with me

hold

stay

sit

down

come

come back

Get out of the road

Stay on the path

too far

roll

play dead

...and a myriad of others.

He barks only once at the door when he wants to be let in (he is a house dog) and talks multitudes of greetings at us when we've been gone for 15 minutes or more. Also for when he knows we're getting to go for a walk.

Anybody can safely move his water and food away from him while he's eating because he has trust in receiving it back.

Magic. Hell no. Lots of work and remedial training and I'm proud of the end results. People forget dogs are very social but at a level of a 6-10 year old child. Treat them accordingly and you'll be surprised at the results.

Carleenp, I'll send you a PM on how to train your dog out of her anxiety mode when you leave her behind. Mine was abandoned with the litter and his mom in a house when the family moved. They were starving and severely underweight when rescued and had the same issues.

Edited by TotemLake

Our German Shepherd was military trained, from a long breeding line of military dogs. She was the best dog I ever owned. Sunshine and I could go for a walk with her, and simply drape the leash over her back and let go. She always stayed by our side, and would stand in front of us before we could cross a street (protecting us from walking into traffic) until we gave the "OK" to her. Only once did we get charged by another dog while walking (it was a younger GS, about 30 lbs lighter), and Sheba rolled her about 10 times, and kept between us and the other dog until the owner came and got it. She never bit the dog, just threw a body block on it. Several other times we walked past that house when that dog was off it's leash, the dog never once thought about coming back out to us....guess it learned it's lesson from Sheba. She was the biggest GS I'd ever seen, about 16" across the back, and stood over 2 ft at the shoulder. All muscle. Great with kids, too. We had to have her put down because of her bad hips (common problem for older GS's). Sure do miss that pooch.

When her hips started getting bad, we'd keep her in the house, and let her lay on the couch, as it seemed more comfortable to her....of course, she wouldn't get up there without us assuring her it was ok. After she got used to doing something she knew she wasn't supposed to do, she really milked it:

172989_2200.JPG

Edited by Sparky-Watts
Other commands:

Get back in your yard

Let's go home

heal

stay with me

hold

stay

sit

down

come

come back

Get out of the road

Stay on the path

too far

roll

play dead

...and a myriad of others.

These are the basic commands every dog should understand. You get your dog to obey to these and you'll have a brand new dog.

Leave it

Come

Sit

Stay

Off: this is instead of yelling "get down". If you yell get down it seems like you have a bad dog. If you say "off" and the dog listens people will say "wow, what a good dog." try it. Bella get really excited when people come over and her first instinct is to jump. As soon as she looks like she is about to jump we say OFF, and she sits or lays right down.

Here are a couple others Bella understands...

Watch 'em!!! When we want her to bark and look ferocious. "Watch 'em Bella, Watch 'em" She still doesn't really look all that ferocious but we're working on it.

This is my favorite. We have a small carpet in the corner of the Den. That is her "place". If someone comes to the door or really for whatever we need it for we say "Place" She makes a bee line for that carpet every time without fail. No matter what is going on as soon as we say PLACE, she's there. The best part is, is that we could take that carpet anywhere and it would work.

I have 230 pounds of Golden Retriever and Akita Shepherd.

Living out in the country, my rule is simple... I never take them anywhere they will have to be on a leash.

I always take leash with me, and if there is ANYONE in the parking lot of our hiking area, they are on it until we're on the trails (or better yet, off the trails).

The dogs are harmless. I know that, but how far do I trust them? Not one inch - not in traffic, not with other peoples kids and not with other people. The risk is too great. So if there were other folk / other dogs around, they'd be leashed the whole time.

Long and short of it - I would not take them to an event where they'd be on a leash most of the time. They would not enjoy it.

That being said, other dogs have other ways.

Good commands. We don't say Off only because he knows No means No and he understands Stay Down. I did leave out Sit but he knows it and fwiw, that's so basic and life saving for a dog you don't have to worry about him running across the street once that's instilled in him. For him Down is to lay down.

It's funny to remember this now that you mention it. He knows to stay down so he will lift his front paws up by about 8 inches or so and stand like that crouched on his hinds for a few seconds in his excitement, but he stays off.

Our general area has a fear of large dogs so we don't teach our dog to even pretend to be ferocious. He knows his yard boundaries and very rarely strays into one neighbor's yard to sniff around. Knows to stay in the house until assured it's ok for him to come outside with me.

We also have a special spot for ours and that's his safe spot. In fact, we have two, one in the rec room and the other in the bedroom.

I didn't mention it in my previous, but he also understands some hand signals most of the time as with any command, which is why remedial training is so important.

I usually walk him off leash even though I have one with me at all times. He's by my side when crossing the streets and will wait for me at a street corner until I can catch up with him. I had to teach him the command "too far" when he left me way behind on a trail not once but twice and I swore that would never happen again. So at that command, he turns around and comes back to me. I do that at about 12-15' distance. Now he looks back to see how far away I am and will either come back on his own or stand and wait for me to catch up depending on the distance.

As for dogs that pull... there is an easy lesson that takes about 15 minutes each day for about a week. Put them on a long lead, 15-20', and start walking in one direction. when they start to reach the end of that lead, change directions and walk the other way, calling at the animal to follow you. Shorten the lead each time by a 2-3'. They will learn to watch you and pull less as a result. Afterwards, a simple tug at the leash will bring them up a little bit and look back at you to see which way you are going.

None of my training involved a shock collar of any sort. It was a reward/chastisement system that worked very well and he's extremely eager to please because of the loving he receives.

do not bring the dog.  get a dogsitter.  a dog will have to be constantly watched to make sure they are not straying too far unless you keep them on a leash, and that can be a pain in the tush too.  if your dog is a mooch hound like mine was you will not be able to even think of food without your dog begging from you or anyone else.  you also have to clean up after them.  unless you have an endless supply of rubber gloves and ziplock bags, save yourself the pain.  if your dog is dependant on you in any way, it will bark and whine whenever you get more than 20 feet away.  when you answer the call of nature, the five minutes you are gone will seem like 5 years to your dog and it will act like it never expected to see you again.  take it from a camper who knows.  leave the dog home.

I like dogs, however, I have a great disdain for people who bring their dogs either to my house, or to social events I am attending, especially when their dogs are not well-mannered and the owners don't care what the dogs do. My inlaws think it's funny to ge their dogs to chase my cats. I don't. My inlaws think it's ok for their 3 smelly dogs to get on my furniture. I don't. My inlaws think it's ok to let their 3 smelly dogs in my house. I don't. I have been many places when people have brought an ill-mannered dog, and it really is a burden on all involved. As far as camping, that is even worse. A campout is enough trouble without someone's dog rampaging around the campsite, knocking things over, kicking and shaking dirt and who knows what else all over the place, jumping up on people, trying to get food from people, peeing or pooping all over the place, etc.....Like I said, I like dogs, but have great disdain for people who bring around dogs that are not well behaved. I used to own a German Shepherd and a Chihuahua, both were pleasant and well-behaved. Both could come in the house because they did not stink, did not chase the cats, did not get on the furniture, etc. I gotta go with uperdooper on this one: don't bring the dog. The other campers will thank you for it.

I agree that the issue is more with the behavior of the dog versus dogs in general. With proper training, my dogs are better behaved than most small children I have seen. In fact, I've trained my dogs to obey hand commands. How many can say that about their children?

See my slighty modified quote of the one above:

"I like small children, however, I have a great disdain for people who bring their small children either to my house, or to social events I am attending, especially when their small children are not well-mannered and their parents don't care what the small children do. My inlaws think it's funny to get their small children to chase my cats. I don't. My inlaws think it's ok for their 3 smelly small children to get on my furniture. I don't. My inlaws think it's ok to let their 3 smelly small children in my house. I don't. I have been many places when people have brought an ill-mannered small child, and it really is a burden on all involved. As far as camping, that is even worse. A campout is enough trouble without someone's small child rampaging around the campsite, knocking things over, kicking and shaking dirt and who knows what else all over the place, jumping up on people, trying to get food from people, peeing or pooping all over the place, etc"

Edited by ANM103FH

I'm an ex-dog owner, but I _LOVE_ dogs. I'll say this - it depends on your dog. I've seen nervious, or poorly behaved dogs - leave them home. Then there are others I've known that behave so well they would be welcome just about anywhere. The dog stays right near their human, listens to quiet commands, and some that even "listen" to wordless hand commands

My friend John had a dog - you could quietly tell the dog to stay, walk away, and 1/2 hour later, that dog would still be in the exact same spot. You could put steak in the dogs bowl, put it in front of him, and unless you told the dog it was "OK" - the dog would NOT eat the food, even if you walked away. He could have the dog jump in a lake, come out and he would say "don't shake" -then tell the dog to go "over there" (pointing) and when the dog got there he would say "OK, shake", THEN the dog would shake

All depends on your dog

I have no dog, so I'm a little out of place here. (If I didn't know Carleen's dog personally, I probably wouldn't pay attention to this thread at all.)

But I would like to make sure that those who are planning on traveling or caching with their dogs are aware of the toxic algae problem that's become rather serious in Nebraska and perhaps elsewhere as well. A few dogs have been killed, and others sickened, by ingesting the algae while swimming. <_< Several lakes in Nebraska have been closed to swimming and others are being tested. (You can read the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services report at this link. At this point, it seems prudent just to keep dogs out of the water in Nebraska, unless you know that the water has been tested recently.

I know some of you probably have heard about this already, but I don't know what kind of national attention it's received, and I wouldn't want an unwary traveler to lose a pet because of unfamiliarity with our local news coverage of the problem.

Edited by ddirgo
We are planning this camping trip and our biggest thorn seems to be the DOG!  How is that? 

Duane

Wow JMB! My wife and I were thinking about doing the same thing regarding an RV trip vs. hotel rooms. We thought it would be cool to ride around with the puppymonster on a vacation for a change!

We did the same thing. When you aren't camping it is a real bear to find hotels that take pets, the ones that do aren't always the ones we would prefer. Our dogs always enjoyed coming along in the RV.

That said I don't think I would take them to the event in question. I just don't think they would have enjoyed it.

When required I would board my dogs at the vets office. They loved them and took extra good care of them.

Originally they stayed with my sister, until that nasty chicken incident. <_<

Originally they stayed with my sister, until that nasty chicken incident. :lol:

I told you, I NEVER TOUCHED THEM DOGS!!! <_<

I didn't mean "..nasty chicken.." I ment "...nasty, chicken incident...".

And, uh, I hate to tell you this but, well, Uh, the chickens lost. :lol: