Hiding A Micro Cache In A Flood Prone Area, Ideas?

Hey yall, i am going to be placing to traditional caches at a local lake next month. I was thinking and i had a killer idea hit me! In one cove on the lake there is a creek that flows into it. the creek goes over a water fall about 5 feet high and flows into a pool of water about 4-5 feet deep then into the cove. At this water fall there is a area behind where the water falls so you can stand behind the water.

My idea is to hide a micro in there. Its ben a while since i have been at that water fall but im sure theres some bigs cracks or something i could hide a micro, but im left with the problem of flooding since this area is probibly at best 8 feet above normal pool.

My idea was to get a micro container like what Groundspeak sells, and attach a little chain to the loop at the end of it. Then take like a concrete nail or something and drive it into the rock facing in a descrete crack or something and having the chain attached to the nail. So if it were to flood bad the cache would still be there. The only real problem would be muggles. But since the cache almost perminantly there i dont think they would unscrew the bottom part of the container and keep it, but you never know.

Any one think this a neat idea for a micro? and will have to get wet to find it ;)

heres the capsule i was tlaking about.

geo5557c.jpg

aj

I think it's a neat idea but I'm not so keen on the nailing of the concrete nail into the rock. Also, not sure how you are going to keep muggles from taking the whole container unless you take the keychain part of and permanently attach it to the chain.

It's a cool idea and would probably be one of my favorites but just not sure about the problems with attaching it behind the waterfall.

ahh mike dx you wasnt suppose to see this! ;) i dont think i have had another wv cacher reply to one of my topics on the main forum before, i thoguht about that before i posted lol. any ways itll be a easy find for you now! lol.

any ways, the concrete nail idea was my first idea, i still got a few weeks. I dont see what the problem with be with that idea, seeing as how the entire lake is man made and blasting was used to clear lots of rock areas. but im open to any ideas or sugestions.

there is a similiar micro containter on ebay like this one right now but its silver and wouldnt be to great in that location. i figure the 'cave' has a few cracks in it thatll suffectiantly hide the cache from sight and it would have to be anchored there some how if it was going to last more then a couple months.

aj

no i will not be able to get a reading while under the water fall. BUT i can walk ontop of it and roughly stand ontop of the cache and get cooridents. after all they would be standing in a pool of water when they are only a few feet from it ;)

i could mkae the hint like: cant go around it, cant go below it, we gotta go through it. :lol:

I just did a quick search on the net and those cams are expensive! i might take a different approach. Its a good idea but just pricey.

aj

Edited by rc_racer_007

you might want to think about this one a little bit. i've found some caches that the readings were taken similar to the way you described. i'm not trying to discourage you but the ones i did took you to the top of a cliff and ubless you have a hint how to get there will discourage most finders. when you get to the edge of a cliff and the pointer says it's 40 feet straight ahead can be discouraging.

True, ya im still in the planning stage, this idea just hit me today. Its not like this water fall is trecherous, its only like 5 feet high and takes nothing to walk ontop of it. Infact i have followed that creek over a mile to a small town before. Also i can use the describtion and hint to make it a little more obvious. Signal reception should be fairly good since there are no tres over head. they would be standing in the middle of this small 'pond' the water fall flow into so they would be facing the water fall and it should say the cache is 4 feet ahead of them (assuming its dead accurate which usually isnt the case though...) still ploting this evil little cache in my mind <_<

aj