Question About Mapsource Software

I'm thinking about getting Mapsource Topo, and have a question about how it works.

When uploading data to the GPSr, how do you select what to upload? Can you draw a box around the area you want to upload, and select what types of info you want included?

I have a Legend, which has limited memory, so I am also curious about how big of an area I can get into the unit.

Thanks! ;)

The TOPO segments are small in size (memory). You select various sections that cover the area you are interested in. If you have a specific area, I can tell you how many Topo segments cover that area (a meaningless number to you) and how much memory those segments take (what you care about).

Can you draw a box around the area you want to upload, and select what types of info you want included?

yes. When you've select topo, you hold the left button down and draw a box with the arrow. All topo maps will be selected in the box and slightly outside if the map extends furhter out.

You can do the basically the same with the other Mapsource maps except the map boxes are different sizes and shapes. Metro is rectangular like Topo but a different size. Roads and Recreation maps are loaded by county, a nice and more intelligent feature I prefer over rectangular boxes that have no rhyme or reason to their size.

Alan