Night Sweats 2: Beer & Wings Night Event

avroair

Sheesh. They won't approve Brian's Hudson Highlands cache get-together as an event cache, but a few beers in a local pub is a certified event?

I'm all for beers - but come on - this isn't an event cache.

Sounds like it to me!

From the guidelines:

Event caches are gatherings for geocachers by geocachers to discuss geocaching...blah blah...In addition, an event cache should not be set up for the sole purpose of drawing together cachers for an organized hunt of another cache or caches. Such group hunts are best organized using the forums or an email distribution list.

So as long as we talk about geocaching, we're in the clear. One word about them Yankees and we're toast.

Edited by briansnat
Sheesh. They won't approve Brian's Hudson Highlands cache get-together as an event cache, but a few beers in a local pub is a certified event?

I'm all for beers - but come on - this isn't an event cache.

I am just following the rules B)

Apparently, gathering 15 cachers to hunt in the dark for a cool cache, also isn't considered a cache event... ^_^

:P

Just wanted to let everyone know that I ordered special event buttons for this from Bumble Buttons. So if we have less then 25, I'm covered. If not, the first 25 there will get one.

Vicky, the gal that does the buttons is terrific and came up with a great design and I think everyone will like them. The event should be a blast, as long as the beer taps don't go. :blink:

NS2: Beer & Wings: If you arrive early and order a drink then that is considered your first round :rolleyes: If you arrive late and I already have a drink that is considered my first round :P

7:30 At the Grande Saloon - read the thread or the cache page for directions. Please drink responsibly. And don't drink and cache... :)

Hi,

Have fun tonight everyone!...sorry I won't be able to make it, I'm on full-time Ben (look to the left of the screen) duty while his mom is out west.

I've just listed an event on the 19th in Long Lake, NY, and hope that some of you can come. We'll be distributing 25-35 YJTBs, and other NNYGeo stuff (cache cards, buttons, rear-window stickers, and "Official Geocache" cache IDs).

Sounds like you will be having a nice turnout, have a great time! :back:

nfa

Woohoo - a party!!! Great people, good food and cold beer. Jeez, with that mix you think Hart would have shown up!

Avro - You did a tremendous job organizing this and if your wife kicks you out, we can pass you around between our houses for a night or two at a time.

Quoddy - Thanks for the Texas Geocoin. My daughter has some weird obsession for NJ and Texas so she was thrilled when I showed it to her. I'll place it a cache this weekend.

Haggaeus - Congratulations on #200!!! And have a safe trip to wherever you are going to end up. Pop onto the NorthEast forum from time to time so we know how you are.

Semper Securus - great talking with you. Contact me when you are looking for a caching partner.

Brian/Harrald - my older daughter asked me when she woke up if you both were there. Since she met you both, she always asks if I saw you. I think she ranks you two up there with Spongebob and the rest of the Nick characters.

Everyone else... thanks for making the event very enjoyable!!

Can we attach a travel bug tag to him?

I've got a staple gun!!

On another note. I had a great time. I really wasn't planning on attending this event. But the sun, the moon and the stars all lined up to force me there. (That's my story and i'm stickin' to it)

Thanks Avro for setting it up and thanks David for the nifty keepsake button. :lol:

What an absolute blast last night !! Avroair you did a great job in putting this all together. It was fantastic to finally meet so many of you and share some really interesting stories....

Team DEMP - congrats to YOU on #200 ! You planned it quite well with this enjoyable night being your milestone. It was great to talk with you as well. Thanks for the button !

BrianSnat - Talking with you about Geocaching, trails, mountains, mines, hide strategies, etc... is like talking with the Mickey Mantle of geocaching ! Thanks for all your help..

Quoddy - We just scratched the surface in talking about Maine ! We need to pick that up again sometime...

Haggaeus- Team Shibby - Serg - dhenning - Harrald - Mrs. Avroair (Rose) - KBer - Tiffany's Slaves - Z-Man - and so many others.. It was great to meet you all..

Looking forward to the July Harriman event !

BrianSnat - Talking with you about Geocaching, trails, mountains, mines, hide strategies, etc... is like talking with the Mickey Mantle of geocaching ! Thanks for all your help..

Awww shucks! Actually, more like the Ruben Amaro of geocaching.

I had a great time. Next time I leave when Quoddy does though. Thanks for setting it up Avroair.

17481579mainDraught.jpg

+

7565e1c2-bbb6-4d60-93d2-b663fb1ea45a.jpg

= Good Times

Edited by briansnat