Waiting For A Cache To Be Approved

'Normal' is likely something specific to your area (and whichever approver is to be looking at your cache). Also, the type and location of cache may factor in. Simple traditionals might be approved first, while multis are held longer to check all location. Virtuals will get a REAL good look over, and Locationless won't get approved at all. If your cache is in an area known to be cache unfriendly, or a place that has a known permit process (ie. some state parks require you file out a form or two and visit with the park ranger) then approval may take even longer.

I had one approved in as little as 1 hour, most take 24-72 hours. It could take longer if your approver is out geocaching. If you haven't heard anything in a week, email your approver.

We are so lucky to have COAdmin as the approver for our neck of the woods. The service is the best.

I actually am working on this cache. I posted a note with some clarification questions yesterday. I see you posted the answers yesterday at some point. I did not look at caches last night since we were still working on the big hole in my shower wall last night. I have just approved your cache based on the notes you have added yesterday and today.

Sorry for the delay. With some of the cryptic caches we try to make sure there are no issues. My main concern was proximity to schools. Seems to be no issue there.

Have fun with the cache!

Keystone is usually pretty quick. The longest I have had to wait is 2 days and on that one he had some concerns to be settled.

Keystone is the best approver in the whole wide world.

PS- I am placing a new cache tonight. Keystone? Buddy?...... <_<

CoAdmin is so good sometimes my caches are approved before I submit them.

Keystone is usually pretty quick.  The longest I have had to wait is 2 days and on that one he had some concerns to be settled.

PS- I am placing a new cache tonight.  Keystone?  Buddy?...... <_<

ah! would you dab a little make-up on to cover that brown streak on your nose.? :D

Keystone is usually pretty quick.  The longest I have had to wait is 2 days and on that one he had some concerns to be settled.

but he doesn't come to your events, does he? :D

Yeah he trust' me, I think he wants to keep an eye on you. :D:D

He wants to make sure I can keep an eye on Duane (since I'll be moving to Colorado Springs soon) :D

He wants to make sure I can keep an eye on Duane (since I'll be moving to Colorado Springs soon) :D

Off topic reply: Cool you got a transfer? :D

On Topic: It's really all about communication. For example if you have any question about a cache getting approved it's best to e-mail your approver with a general idea of where the cache will be and anything you feel might be questionable. This approach saves everybody involve a lot of trouble.

Crow T. Robot (a sock-puppet admin account) does our approvals around the Orlando area. He's always been very responsive. I've had caches approved within an hour or so. Sometimes, when GC.COM was experiencing some serious growth issues, I've waited until the wee hours of the night before he'd consider doing approvals.

And, when things are not quite kosher, he's most professional and helpful. Considering what I've read about others' experiences, I couldn't be happier. Thanks Crow (if you're reading)!

Excellent point. My favorite cache to approve is the one that has the approver note that starts out "This is the cache I told you about...." makes things so easy

In that case, the one I'm waiting for approval on is the one I told you about (and asked pesky noob questions about) last week.

Uh... maybe I should have left out the part about being pesky.... Doh! <_<