Mapping software?

Guest raptorrider2001

Guest raptorrider2001

Where do you get mapping software. Have read about some using Oziexplorer. Topographix indicated they had something but required MS Explorer. What and where can I find some that will run on Netscape? Thanks

Guest jeremy

ExpertGPS from Topografix doesn't use Internet Explorer, though it does run on the Microsoft platform. Were you talking platform or web browser?

Jeremy

Guest raptorrider2001

Thanks for the quick reply. I downloaded both easygps and panterra and could not get either to open. When I emailed topographix they said I needed internet explorer. Below is a copy from their email about easygps."All TopoGrafix software uses an advanced version of Microsoft's Common

Controls, which is included on all computers containing Internet

Explorer 4.0 or later.

If I am overlooking something, I would sure appreciate your help. I am definitely a newby at this. Thanks

Guest jeremy

Oh. I see. What happens is that ExpertGPS (and EasyGPS) use some of the objects that are in Internet Explorer. You don't actually have to *use* Internet Explorer but just download and run it once. You can continue using Netscape as your primary browser.

If you don't care to do that I don't know how to help further. Perhaps a program like OziExplorer will work for you.

Jeremy

Guest raptorrider2001

I went to MS web site and tried to download explorer but didn't have much luck. I will try again. Where do you get Oziexplorer? Thanks

Guest raptorrider2001

it later this evening. I also bookmarked Oziexplorer and will take a look at it also. I don't know if I am going in the right direction or not. I recently bought a Vista and want to be able to see it on a laptop instead of the samll screen while traveling. Is this the type of software I will need? I feel sure you have answered this a zillion times before. And, may I add, I think your site is top notch. Am looking forward to geocaching. Have made a couple of attempts but have not scored as yet. Thanks again.