Introduction

2GeoGrannies

Hi,

My partner and I have just ordered our GPS and I have been studying the website. We are anxious to get started. We live up in the Trinity Alps in Northern California, so if there are other folks hunting up here, give us a holler.

I hope to place our first cache this weekend, but I was wondering what a First Finder badge is and where do you get them?

I hope I can figure out how to use the unit when it gets here. I may have to ask some questions. It is a color Sportrak.

We are headed to Europe in a month and I look forward to hunting in Italy and France.

Marianne

Whoa a minute! I'm glad you're anxious to get started, but you might want to find a few caches before you place one. After you've got a few finds under your belt you'll be able to better decide what kind of container, what to put in it, where to hide it, and how to make sure the coordinates are accurate. All relatively simple things that a lot of people just don't think about until they've run into problems.

As for local cachers, try posting on the regional part of the forums. I know there's a lot of cachers in Northern California.

Welcome to the addiction!

Good Luck!

FTF (first to find) are made by or for each person. Thye are often generic items as well. In the short time I've been here I've seen everything from badges to coins to a set of golf clubs.

I've got 3 finds and 1 hidden, but my sister has been caching for years so I have had the learning experience of watching what she does.

It's a good idea to find a few before you hide. That way, you can learn some of the tricks to make your first cache extra-sneaky! ;)

Ditto

Please do not make your first cache a ammo can under a piece of bark. Get creative with it. Find a few....get a good felling for what would be fun. Believe me, after a while you get tired of the same ammo can in the woods.